Before the moor...(Pre-First exploration.)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Before the moor...(Pre-First exploration.)

#21 Post by SocraticLawyer »

ApathyJesus wrote:The dark haired elf leaning in the corner snickers quietly, stepping out into the light, surveying the people before him. He speaks, his voice rather soft and melodic, but carrying to each of them.

"It would seem the dwarf and I can agree on something. The title of 'brother', or 'friend' for that matter, are something to be earned - not simply given away for the price of a few drinks. I assume the rest of you are here to do something about the plague of undead that seem to stem from the tombs?"

His green eyes narrow as he surveys the group before him, quietly considering them.

"Or, perhaps, you're simply after the treasure rumored to be stashed away there. Either way, it would seem we're all heading to the same place, and our chances would probably be better if we all worked together, hmm?"
Agreed, Master Elf. I propose that we journey together. Does that not seem wisest, Master Dwarf?
Hopefully deflating any tensions between the elf and dwarf, Agathon will then approach Hurtag. It seems that you were not chosen to accompany the cleric. If you're still interested, however, I need someone to protect me, and carry some of my stuff. I can pay you 5 GP up front, plus 1 GP per day. If we both live long enough, I'll also upgrade your gear. What say you?
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

ST4TICStriker
Strider
Strider

#22 Post by ST4TICStriker »

"Well, if Gorek doesn't want it I'll take his drink!" Lorde exclaims starting to get excited.
His good humor remains as he looks towards the elf. "So pointy ears what do you call yourself?"

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#23 Post by GronkTheBold »

Behrun looks at Gorek and nods in agreement with his reply "These are troubled and deceptive times, where a simple cheery gnome could be a hellish fiend underneath, so your mistrust is understandable." Behrun reaches the counter, orders three drinks from the tavern keeper (one for himself, two for the jovial Lorde), and looks towards the Elf sternly: "Do not speak lightly of the mood and nature of our kind, we have suffered in isolation many times before from your "Fair Folk" and the roving minions of chaos. Think before you remark, Elf." With this said, he will take the tankards over to his table and share a drink with Lorde, patting his dog's head (Rusky) while he waits for the adventure to begin.
That low level hireling who carries the ten foot poles...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Distorted Humor »

Rukellian wrote: "Bardoon is it? I think you know about the dangers that we will be facing better than the others who arrived, and no the undead do not recieve such mercy from my diety. It is safe to assume that they are evil and will not hesitate to kill us. Consider yourself hired!"

Looking at the others after a moment of silence, Larwin seems to give off a sour face at the mention of 'mercy'. Rukellian makes up his mind then and turns to face Talon and Hemna. "Hemna, Talon, out of everyone else here who came in response to my flier, you two seem to be fine with my terms and look pretty fit. But what I would like to know are your guys' reasons for wanting to join our adventuring group. Is it honestly just for the gold, or is it for the sense of adventure and the excitement of leaving town? Like Bardoon pointed out, we are going to be heading towards a dangerous place, a place where the undead roam freely and people are out there to steal our hard-earned loot/valuables. The last thing I want to do is send someone to their death so carelessly."
The rest ramble on, Bardoon smiles, and says "I am a actual skilled warrior, not some farmer boy who saved himself up a sword and armor, and while 30 GP is good, but I want 1/3 of your share. the 30 gold can be a advance on future payment. In fact, I will accept it as it being good for the first 50 gold owed to me since It will be in my pocket "

Hemna smiles "I didn't want to raise babies and pigs like my mom, so I saved every penny to buy my stuff and now I am looking for adventure to earn some living and perhaps one day get rich."

Talon shrugs and says "I asked the oracle in my home town what i should do, and it said to head to the moors and help clear the evil. And I would be rich for it.' he smiles, one tooth missing from his mouth.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Distorted Humor »

You see a man come up to the party and say "I heard you where thinking on being on the barrows. If you want, for a single gold, I happen to have a map to the main barrow complex...above ground at least...what say you ? worth your time?

ApathyJesus
Squire
Squire

#26 Post by ApathyJesus »

"My name is Zilnias. I didn't catch everyone else's name either? Perhaps a round of introductions are in order?"

OOC: Hahaha I totally didn't see that the thread was two pages. I had this open and was refreshing the page, with my post being the last one, thinking no one else was around. Durh.

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#27 Post by NPC_Randy »

Distorted Humor wrote:You see a man come up to the party and say "I heard you where thinking on being on the barrows. If you want, for a single gold, I happen to have a map to the main barrow complex...above ground at least...what say you ? worth your time?
Waving his hand in a dismissive manner, Gorek barks, "Go sell your goblin dung to someone else! I won't be wasting my time nor hard-earned coin on the likes of you."

Mogullen wrote:Mogullen, realizing he's not really Rukellian's guy, comes over to Gorek "Six silver a day to carry your stuff and hold your torch"
Gorek wrote:"Well, well. What have we here? Someone's obviously sent the thief over to rob me! I'll have you know I am not so easily parted with my coin. If you're serious about finding work, you wouldn't ask for more than four pieces of silver a day for that job."
"Well, what's it going to be, boy? Do you want to earn your keep or not? I don't have all day to wait on your answer."

Zilnias wrote:"My name is Zilnias. I didn't catch everyone else's name either? Perhaps a round of introductions are in order?"
"The name is Gorek, but I'm not much for talking so use it sparingly."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

Distorted Humor wrote:The rest ramble on, Bardoon smiles, and says "I am a actual skilled warrior, not some farmer boy who saved himself up a sword and armor, and while 30 GP is good, but I want 1/3 of your share. the 30 gold can be a advance on future payment. In fact, I will accept it as it being good for the first 50 gold owed to me since It will be in my pocket "

Hemna smiles "I didn't want to raise babies and pigs like my mom, so I saved every penny to buy my stuff and now I am looking for adventure to earn some living and perhaps one day get rich."

Talon shrugs and says "I asked the oracle in my home town what i should do, and it said to head to the moors and help clear the evil. And I would be rich for it.' he smiles, one tooth missing from his mouth.
"Hemna, I'm glad to hear that you've taken life into your own hands. So long as you keep everyone at camp and our equipment safe, I see no reason why you will not end up rich! Talon, listening to the advice of others is all well and good, but you have to want to do something for yourself. I don't want to have someone in my group that is only there because some oracle said so. Though like I said earlier, maybe someone else in my adventuring group will hire you."
Pointing Talon towards the others dwarves, elf and human, Rukellian extends his hand to formally welcome Hemna and Bardoon. "As a warrior of your calibur Bardoon, I think 50 gp will be worth it, assuming you hold up your end of the deal, that is keeping me and those around me alive. A third of my share, sure. I am a man of my word after all. Now Hemna, I will still offer you the 30 gold up front and a share of my loot. Assuming everything goes well, I will also pay you 1 sp a day. With that in mind, you will be charged with guarding any camps that we set up and the equipment we have stashed away. Though combat might be inevitable know that others will be there to back you up. Does everything sound acceptable to you two?"

Assuming both people agree, Rukellian brings both of them to the main adventuring group and introduces them to everyone, including himself. Stating that he is ready to go, backpack full of items already on hand. Before he forgets, he tells those who agree to be his hirelings to retrieve the fliers he put up, one for each person, those fliers being proof of the contract between Rukellian and them.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

OOC: I will update my character sheet with coin changes when the DM sends his replies
Last edited by Rukellian on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ST4TICStriker
Strider
Strider

#30 Post by ST4TICStriker »

Distorted Humor wrote:You see a man come up to the party and say "I heard you where thinking on being on the barrows. If you want, for a single gold, I happen to have a map to the main barrow complex...above ground at least...what say you ? worth your time?
Lorde, now increasing drunk, waves off the grumpy dwarf and turns to the commoner "I'll give ya two gold if it's worth it."

The noble-man will take the map (Not yet paying) and gesture for the man to sit down next to him before laying the map out for all to see. "Come on, show what these symbols means before you go."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Distorted Humor »

Mogullen wrote:Mogullen, realizing he's not really Rukellian's guy, comes over to Gorek "Six silver a day to carry your stuff and hold your torch"
Gorek wrote:"Well, well. What have we here? Someone's obviously sent the thief over to rob me! I'll have you know I am not so easily parted with my coin. If you're serious about finding work, you wouldn't ask for more than four pieces of silver a day for that job."
"Well, what's it going to be, boy? Do you want to earn your keep or not? I don't have all day to wait on your answer."

Five and I will carry your stuff the ends of the earth.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Distorted Humor »

Rukellian wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:The rest ramble on, Bardoon smiles, and says "I am a actual skilled warrior, not some farmer boy who saved himself up a sword and armor, and while 30 GP is good, but I want 1/3 of your share. the 30 gold can be a advance on future payment. In fact, I will accept it as it being good for the first 50 gold owed to me since It will be in my pocket "

"Hemna, I'm glad to hear that you've taken life into your own hands. So long as you keep everyone at camp and our equipment safe, I see no reason why you will not end up rich! Talon, listening to the advice of others is all well and good, but you have to want to do something for yourself. I don't want to have someone in my group that is only there because some oracle said so. Though like I said earlier, maybe someone else in my adventuring group will hire you."
Pointing Talon towards the others dwarves, elf and human, Rukellian extends his hand to formally welcome Hemna and Bardoon. "As a warrior of your calibur Bardoon, I think 50 gp will be worth it, assuming you hold up your end of the deal, that is keeping me and those around me alive. A third of my share, sure. I am a man of my word after all. Now Hemna, I will still offer you the 30 gold up front and a share of my loot. Assuming everything goes well, I will also pay you 1 sp a day. With that in mind, you will be charged with guarding any camps that we set up and the equipment we have stashed away. Though combat might be inevitable know that others will be there to back you up. Does everything sound acceptable to you two?"

Assuming both people agree, Rukellian brings both of them to the main adventuring group and introduces them to everyone, including himself. Stating that he is ready to go, backpack full of items already on hand. Before he forgets, he tells those who agree to be his hirelings to retrieve the fliers he put up, one for each person, those fliers being proof of the contract between Rukellian and them.
Hemna with the idea of 30 gold readily agrees, being that almost one month of wages. Bardoon agrees as well. and gets himself a ale with his new gold.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Distorted Humor »

ST4TICStriker wrote:
Lorde, now increasing drunk, waves off the grumpy dwarf and turns to the commoner "I'll give ya two gold if it's worth it."

The noble-man will take the map (Not yet paying) and gesture for the man to sit down next to him before laying the map out for all to see. "Come on, show what these symbols means before you go."
The man pauses, and then says "If you try to go without paying, there will be a fight, and I have friends..."

See, this is the main barrow, then those around it are the smaller mounds around it. The treasure was found in the main one.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian walks over to the two gentlemen with the map and says while peering over their shoulders, "A very well drawn out map indeed, but no indication as to what the underground paths look like, most troublesome I think..... Lorde was it? I would only pay the one gold piece he asked for. If the map had more information I would have glady chipped in and offered the other gold coin."

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#35 Post by NPC_Randy »

Distorted Humor wrote:

Five and I will carry your stuff the ends of the earth.
"You've got guts. I'll give you that much. Fine. Five pieces of silver per day. Here's your first day's wages. I'll fetch you my pack as soon as I'm done here."

ST4TICStriker
Strider
Strider

#36 Post by ST4TICStriker »

Lorde takes a long drink and then frowns at the map.
"This is what you call a map!? There's no points of reference, no indication of the hight of the mounds, there's not even a marking to which way the damn town is!"

Lorde takes another drink and looks the ruffian in the eyes "This entire thing is useless, I could get more information by looking out a forsaken window!"

The young man stands, he stumbles abit, but is obviously still angry "I'll pay you... if you can tell me how long the path that leads into the main borrow is in standard yards? If you can't then take your little picture and don't come back till you've brought me a real map."

He reachs into pocket and places two of his kingdom's gold on the table (it's the same except for a slight design change if that's ok with the DM) ".....and one more thing, don't idly threaten me lad, my friends are in much higher places."

He dusts down his coat and looks around the tavern "now, I'm still waiting for my real map."

(If the man manages to tell him the exact distance Lorde will attempt to grab the con-man and drag him towards the door "If you're so sure then come with us to barrow so we can count it ourselves!)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Distorted Humor »

He takes his gold and walks away. A few of the patrons look at the party, but soon the hubbub of the tavern returns.

(OOC: If no one else wants to hire hirelings, then its best we get off to the barrows? yes? )

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Distorted Humor wrote:He takes his gold and walks away. A few of the patrons look at the party, but soon the hubbub of the tavern returns.

(OOC: If no one else wants to hire hirelings, then its best we get off to the barrows? yes? )
OOC: Did Hurtag accept my offer?
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian looks like he is eager to get going, finishing up his bread before he forgets! "Bardoon, Hemna, it looks like we are leaving soon. If you have anything you need to get together before venturing out, now would be the time."

ApathyJesus
Squire
Squire

#40 Post by ApathyJesus »

OOC: I only have five gold. Gonna carry my own backpack this trip, and hope to fatten my coffers enough to grab a hireling for the second outing.

Return to “Adventures in the Barrowmaze”