through the window

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

through the window

#1 Post by wolfpack »

As the smoke begins to fill the large mill room tub smashes the window with his dager and using his cloak clears away the edges.

You climb through and fall t the ground coghing, quickly behind you cilian follows his lungs tight from the smoke. Both of your visions are slighly blurry and your eyes sting form the acrid smoke. As you try to adjust to removing your selves from the building you hear a gutteral command from in fornt of you. As you look up 2 orcs followed closely by a large creature that stands like a man but has the head of a jackel emerge from the tall grass.

Serg followed closely by korec run from the burning building as the rest of your party charges foward from the direction of the bolts.

You run swiftly along the wall to the east and round the cornber just intime to see the 3 creatures moving in on tub and cil.

roll init.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: through the window

#2 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

1d6=6

the two orcs hand axes in hand head to confront cil and tub

Tub:
1d20=14

cil
1d20=8

Both with their vision obscured by the rising smoke mis their targets, although the one on Tub slices the shoulder of his leather leaving a gash.

The large jackel heded creature pulls wielding a large two handed axe moves on serg.

1d20=9

The young man a arms manages to raise his shield just in time to block the blow but the force of it numbs his arm and causes him to falter back a step.

your actions

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

Cillian swings at the orc awkwardly with his staff, obviously thrown off by their presence...

To Hit, Staff [1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by zebediah »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

need tubs action

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Sorry, little RL crisis struck.
Cursing the fact that he couldn't sneak out and around, and the blurred vision not allowing him to throw his daggers, Tub attacks with Short Sword and dagger!

Short sword, damage s-m [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, large [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8, to hit [1d20] = 4

dagger attack [1d20] = 19 and damage [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

His expertise with the short sword shines through. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by wolfpack »

Cil awkwardly strikes out at the orc attacking him missing wildly. Serg seeing his friend in trouble ignores the beast on him and charges at the orc but misses his strike.

Tub not being used to the length of the short sword misses wildly with it but strikes tru with his dagger wouding the orc badly.

Init round 2
1d6=4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Heartened by the dagger attack, Tub attacks again the orc he wounded!

Short sword, damage s-m [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, large [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3, to hit [1d20] = 18

[1d20] = 11 [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Doing better with his sword this round!

and 5 damage to boot!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

need sergs action to complete round 2

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by zebediah »

Sergius will try to pierce the nearest enemy:

Spear - To hit: [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12, Damage (s/m): [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, Damage (L): [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4
The dice roller does not like Serg!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

The humaniods act first.

orc1 on cil
1d20=7

orc2 on tub
1d20=6

gnoll on serg
1d20=10

damage
2d4=8

The orc attacking cil is unable to land a strike on the wirey youth as he flails about madly with his staff.

the orc atacking tub is unable to hit the nimble theif as he dodges the clumsy axe strike.

The jackel headed humanoid however is able to land a strike on squarley on sergs back causing the young warrior to cry out in pain as blood slatters from the large gash.

using his dagger to probe for an opening Tub slides the blade of his short sword into the gut of the orc facing him. it's eyes grow wide as it slips t the ground.

Ignoring the burning of the wound to his back serg lunges foward and slips his spear under the ribs of the orc attacking cillian and punctures it's lunges killing it.

Just then you hear a

I hate gnolls in a snarling voice followed by a loud crack. The gnoll stumbles backward and grabs at the back of his head revealing Korec standing behind him holding his gnarled club.

korec attack
1d20+2=19

damage
1d4+3=4

The fire has reached the wall with the window you climbed through as the entire mill is now engulphed in flames and is beginning to spread to the dry grass.

init
1d6=2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 4

Cillian nods at Serg as thanks for the help, then rushes to try and take advantage of Korec's blow to the back of the... "A gnoll? I've only seen drawings of them up til now..." Cillian thinks to himself.

Unfortunately, that distracts him from his swing...
To Hit, Staff [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by zebediah »

Sergius tries to ignore the wounds and will move on to face the nearest enemy:

Spear - To hit: [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18, Damage (s/m): [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3, Damage (L): [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by wolfpack »

Distracted by the suprise of the blow to the back of his head the creature leaves an opening for Serg to plunge his spear forward stiking the gnoll in his side.

the beast lets of a howl of pain as it grips it's giant axe and prepares to strike the young warrior down when you hear a sing song voice coming from your right

Magitus Strinos lew masilese

Suddendly three bolts of dart like light streak into the back of the gnoll with a searing hiss. The eyes of the creature grow wide as it collapses to the ground.

As you look over you see propped up shakily on his knees Minter has regained conciousness.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Excellent! Tub says to Minter.

Any more bad guys here? Can we hear the other fight going on?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

That was the last of your bad guys, you do hear fighting going on around the other side of the building.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

"Thanks, Minter!" Cillian says as he rushes to his side to make sure he's OK.

"Check on the others and... let's clear away from the mill," he adds, looking up wistfully at the burning wreck that used to be his family's property. He helps Minter move away from the barn.

Return to “Aroth”