Action Thread 9

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#81 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger tries to eyeball the casket to see if his speartip will squeeze into the jamb and open with a twist.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur stows his tools and draws his blade. Moving to an end of the casket, he slides his blade into the crack. After his demonstration, his asks, "Someone want to give we a hand with the other end?"

Assuming someone steps forward, he levers it open a couple of inches to observe what happens before moving to lift it all the way open with his hands.

assume no foul harm befalls them.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar helps him open the lid.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

Hah, hah! Well done, I'll update the game for real when I can, but I wanted to at least do this piece. And I'm assuming no one else stands in front of the casket. :)
As Al'Zur and Ilhalevar slowly pry open the casket, they are surprised to see (or maybe not that surprised) three darts shoot out of the casket, they hit various fungal columns in the area puncturing them. Closer inspection they've gots some green tacky liquid on the tips. :twisted:

The casket, now fully opened, brightens up the place! Looking inside, now everyone realizes why the guardian was so tough. In the casket you find: at it's base what looks to be (you see Odo calculating on fingers and bare toes) 1,200 gp, piled on top of that is 10 pps, then there is one potion bottle with a light blue liquid in it (looks an awful lot like the potions the villagers gave you), and a strange looking object. The object is a bit less than six feet in length, and maybe about an inch, or a bit more, in diameter. It looks almost fungal in it's shape, or knobbly. It could be a really short rope, but it's a bit more rigid than rope. It's coiled (like 2 and half times) but looks like a floppy stick. The fungal appearance gives it a spongy look, like you could fold it if you pressed hard enough.

I'm assuming nobody touches nuthin' (as they say in New York) until stated. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Distorted Humor »

"It's a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money."

Odo Grins and says "I know, not what you expect, Ok, how about this, the Ale houses and the other type of houses will be wet with coin when I return."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by tkrexx »

Sounds good with me, the Ranger grins, eyeing the coin hungrily.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Holy Gods! We've hit a motherload!" Rake cries out in sight of such wealth.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar looks to see if anyone else reaches for the unusual object. When no one does, she slowly slips a hand into the casket and wraps her fingers around one end of it and removes it from the caske to examine it more closely.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia gets up from going almost prone when the trap was sprung and looks around to make sure no one got hit. She rolls her little halfling eyes at Son of Thunder and lets out a held breath.

When it all looks safe, she bends closer from the second rank to observe the glow of the treasure within the casket. She glances over at Malak's body nearby, closes her eyes and whispers something secretive to her dead friend.

When she finally snaps out of her strange revery, she cautiously gathers the three darts that shot out of the casket. She inspects the green tacky fluid upon them closely in the torchlight, trying to determine if it is floral in nature. "I wonder what this stuff does?" she opines to no one in particular as she conducts her scrutinizations.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by saalaria »

Varkos can't believe his eyes:
"Never have I seen such wealth in all my days. I can not believe there could be that much gold in one place. How do we get it out of here?"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur is surprised as well, but doesn't show it. "That is how it is done." clearly impressed with himself.

Al'Zur too is interested in the weird rope, everything else is known to him. "Yes, how do we move all this gold?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:30 a

After opening the wondrous casket of happy treasure the party starts talking bout how to carry the loot.

Ilhalevar and Al'Zur take a special interest in the ropey object and picks it up. Together the elves check it out. Nothing initially seems to happen.

Zafalia, as the others are looking at the goodies in the casket checks out the darts.

PM sent. Son of Thunder's torch sputters just a tad.

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 17/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 3/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 49 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 06 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 60 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 160 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar looks at Al'Zur and ponders aloud, "Something to help control the plant creatures we've been fighting? Or... "

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will light another torch.
Marked off.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Argennian »

After her careful scrutinization of the strange and tacky greenish-fluid on the three darts, Zafalia wraps them up gently in a small cloth and puts them away for further study at a later time. "These darts all appear to have been coated with some kind of plant-based poison or toxin. Not sure what species of flora or how strong it is but there very well could be enough of it to have been fatal!" she opines matter of factly.

The little druidess then retrieves her spear and shield and stands guard at the entrance of the chamber while Son of Thunder gets his next torch lit. She sneaks a quick peek at the passage outside before returning to join the others as they discuss the logistics of moving the massive haul. "Perhaps we should take the items and simply leave the coin here for now, until we are ready to depart? As we had discussed previously, the other denizens of this subterranean place likely avoided that shambling mound and so it should be safe enough..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Well..." says Rake, "If the wealth as lain here this long undisturbed I see no reason why a few hours more would make a difference."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo says "We take the coin at least" looking at rake "I mean, there is enough coin their to build myself a great hole in a hill and live fat and happy.."

"though knowing me, I will blow it all dicing.."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur grabs a handful and stashes it away in his purse. "Just in case."

He then turns his attention to figuring out the ropey thing.

[1d20] = 2 random check

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger also allows himself a fistful of gold coin. Likely all one such as he would need for the next month. We should plot our next move, he says, satesfied at the new jingle in his purse.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by rredmond »

As others take some of the coins, the elves continue to inspect the ropey thing. It seems to defy any explanation. Al'Zur feels it's reminiscent of a staff... sort of a fungal staff. But the whole floppiness of it makes no sense. It seems sturdy enough to use as a rope of sorts, though it's definitely more rigid than any rope you've seen.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”