IC I

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#381 Post by thirdkingdom »

The adventurers break from their cover and advance towards the house. One quartet of men is visible, sweeping from west to east; as the adventurers advance they raise their crossbows menacingly. The companions venture forwards, and it doesn't take long for the patrol leader to issue an unheard command that sets them heading for the house.
The companions were seen before they could come into hailing distance, due to the flat and featureless terrain. Deciding they are outnumbered and on foot, the guards have retreated to the house, but are still outside.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

The barbarian continues his approach until he's within talking distance.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#383 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"Oh, for..." Kaa looks annoyed. "How universal is a white flag? Give me something white, I'll hang it from my spear."
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#384 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr snorts and says to Kaa "Why should we? They are the ones who should interested in talking. If they try something funny we just burn their frigging house down..."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by thirdkingdom »

As the adventurers ride closer the men keep their crossbows leveled. One bangs on the wall of the villa with an elbow while another calls out, "Halt and identify yourselves, strangers! You are trespassing on private property!"

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#386 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha leaves the small wagon, with the majority of his gear, on the trail as the companions set off to parlay with the guards. He keeps with him the bedroll wrapped around his magical sword and thieves tools; a length of rope securing the roll and slung over his shoulder.

He stays quiet and behind his companions in case the parlay does not go well. He makes a point to look at the corners of the building and on the roof to see if others are attempting to take the unaware.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

"You're interfering with official City business! We're here to investigate a report that the Night Stalker lives in this house. Put down your weapons and stand aside or face the consequences!"

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#388 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"Tychon, you talk well," the shaman whispers in a sibilant hiss, "drop th ename of tha fat bureaucrat who told us not to guard the house. By the time they verify it we will be done and gone."

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#389 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon speaks up and drops names and threats, using negotiation and intimidation to stall and put the guards off guard while they continue to approach.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by thirdkingdom »

Patrol Captain

The one speaking does a credible job ignoring Tychon's blustering and smooth-talking. "Get 'em, lads!" he cries, "these is the ones we was warned about!" And the four loose their bolts at the adventurers.
Intentions, please. Dudes are charmed, by the way, so it didn't seem as if negotiations would do much.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

Harald will draw Atlanaut and charge.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#392 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

"Blackout reinforcements!" orders Styr to his hnchmen Mord while following Haralds charge into the guards. The old alchemist will take cover and then makes ready to cast his serpentine darkness it at the front of the house or shed if more then these four shooters appear.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#393 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Using Harald as cover, Pesha hastens towards the guards and draws his shortsword.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#394 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon gauges the distance to the furthest of the crossbowmen, and drawing back his hand suddenly points at the man's eyes and exclaims "CANDIDUS LUMEN!" A burst of fine blue sand flies from Tychon's hand and bursts at the man's eyes.
Tychon casts light to blind the crossbowman, 120' range.
Light* | Range: 120' | Divine 1, Arcane 1 | Duration: 6 turns plus 1 turn per level
Either version of this spell may be used to blind an opponent by means of casting it on the target’s ocular organs. The target is allowed a saving throw versus Spells to avoid the effect, and if the save is made, the spell does not take effect at all. A light or darkness spell cast to blind does not have the given area of effect (that is, no light or darkness is shed around the victim).
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu and Kondo charge with the others. Babu will look to draw attention to himself by howling and chest thumping as he approaches, and Kondo stays near him to guard his back. Bibi makes for high ground, from which she will alert Babu to tactical developments, like the arrival of reinforcements or ambushes.
Babu fights with sword and shield style, Kondo two weapon style, spear and net. In some other circumstance he might try to catch someone, but not here. Bibi will try to avoid combat.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#396 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

Kaa will hide behind her shield as best as possible, and run around the melee, avoidin any engagement and angling to prevent any from fleein back towards the manor once Harald's hawk eyes make their move.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by thirdkingdom »

The adventurers surge forward. Tychon stretches out his hand and one of the guards grasps his eyes, dropping his crossbow and calling out in a panic; the guard is spitted by brave Kondo's spear thrust. Pesha sneaks forward using Harald as a shield and, sensing an opening, thrusts with his blade at another guard. The tip of his sword enters the guard's neck just above his leather cuirass, and the guard collapses, dead instantly.

The remaining two guards fire their crossbows but both bolts go wide; the crossbow of one guard explodes with a rotten sound, sending fragments flying. The remaining two guards are quickly disposed of.
Uh, yeah, they're 1st level fighters. I'm not going to bother rolling out the rest of the round. Both cleave attacks failed.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#398 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha quickly moves to the corner of the building and peers around to make sure no reinforcements are approaching.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

Harald will do a loop around the villa and see how many doors and windows it has. He's looking into any windows to see if there's any movement inside.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#400 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr tries to get into the house as quickly as possible, through a window and by force if necessary. His henchman stay with the group.

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”