OOC I

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#2 Post by thirdkingdom »

I went ahead and copied the text about animal henchmen from the Autarch site to the House Rules section of this forum. Now, that states that animal henchmen do get a partial share (they go with 50%, but I'm cool with calling 25% the base share needed to keep henchdudes happy. Of course, the animal doesn't care what proportion of the treasure it gets -- please note that the share is only noted for purposes of XP division, not actual division of loot).

I had ruled earlier that henchpets only get a share of combat XP. Would you guys like to give them a 1/4 share of treasure as well? They would advance slightly faster. On the downside, they'd be sucking XP from the PCs. I'll let y'all decide.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Hrafn »

I am on the fence. On the one hand, disparity between levels is smaller than I am used to making decisions on. On the other, experience shows that having a pet that gets outpaced and made obsolete frankly sucks. I abstain, pending better argument one way or another.
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#4 Post by Hrafn »

Reminds me. How do you want maps documented? You'll be providing overland mapping as we go, yes?

I've got the proficiency, may as well put them to use, I suppose~!

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by sulldawga »

So do the two treasure maps mean we have two adventure hooks right off the bat?

Speaking of treasure, I will volunteer to keep track of it, and XP.
Last edited by sulldawga on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hrafn wrote:Reminds me. How do you want maps documented? You'll be providing overland mapping as we go, yes?

I've got the proficiency, may as well put them to use, I suppose~!
I will be handling all overland mapping for y'all. It also looks like I need to provide two treasure maps for you guys. You all are responsible for any dungeon mapping that needs to happen, although I will provide clarifying sketches if needed.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote:So do the two treasure maps mean we have two adventure hooks right off the bat?

Yes. I love treasure scrolls.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by sulldawga »

This is a pet peeve of mine so I wanted to ask a favor of you all up front.

Can we not post comments about the maps in the maps thread, or comments about treasure in the treasure thread? Post them here in the OOC thread. That way, those other threads are clean and you can find what you need quickly.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by Hrafn »

sulldawga wrote:This is a pet peeve of mine so I wanted to ask a favor of you all up front.

Can we not post comments about the maps in the maps thread, or comments about treasure in the treasure thread? Post them here in the OOC thread. That way, those other threads are clean and you can find what you need quickly.
Sorry. I've been feeling guilty about all the OOC talk in character creation as well, is why I moved here :oops: . I think this channel here is pretty solidly for meta level talk, and the other threads are more resource archives. That's how I will play it at least.
*NJWilliams' magic items rolls*
Begorah! Healing schematics? Staff of the Serpent?

You've got me over a barrel, NJW. Be gentle?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by thirdkingdom »

Yeah, that's a good point. I've set up some threads that are just for my record keeping. I don't care if you guys look through them, but I've asked that you not post in them. Likewise, the Treasure/XP thread should just be for recording Treasure/XP. If you have a comment about, say, treasure, please post it OOC with reference to the original post.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by drpete »

Babu will go by the rubbish heap where the body was found exsanguinated, and try to sense power as soon as possible (the power signature fades) If he can find an animal to talk to (rats? Or are they vermin?) He'll speak with animal to try to ask them about the body, or about really scary predators in the area.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by Hrafn »

I like that we were able to jump right in to things. That's always nice.

Babu is doing some recon with animals, Kaa will most likely do the same. What other plans do we have? The more information we get now, the better our divinations will be. Better questions asked.
I also plan to leave tips around, and find out exact locations of the abductions, if not the bodies. They seem random but someone must have noticed a pattern.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Fearghus »

Tell work they need reschedule because you have an important PbP to manage. ;)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by thirdkingdom »

Fearghus wrote:Tell work they need reschedule because you have an important PbP to manage. ;)
I'm self-employed.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by NJWilliam »

Intro is pretty dense with information, here's what I've gathered:

Mellas
Port City, walled
Population: 4,000

(I think the inlet and docks are to the South and possibly East, and it's not too far to the Sea to the West, but enough to have roads that brigands are troubling.)

Geography & Locations
Desert three to four miles out, surrounding city
Barren Hills to Northwest
Vast Forests to the North (amber and timber)
Shore to the West
Shallow Sea
Inlet
Small tavern frequented by sailors
Lighthouse
Shipwreck 1
Shipwreck 2
Refuse Pile where corpse dumped
Ossuary

Groups
The Northern League
Goblin Marauders
Old Elven Empire
Brigands
Merchants
Sailors
Evil Aquatic Beings
Cult

Deities
The Hungry Man
Lecha, Lady of the Hearth
Nabalb
Kala
Gielaph

Hooks:
1. Cult, in Mellas
2. Brigands, North and West
3. Night Stalker, in Mellas
4. Merchant Tormod, caravan to North
5. Styr’s Map, North
6. Ancient Temple, Northeast – roof made of exotic material unknown to them
7. Lighthouse, shore West, and two shipwrecks
8. At one point the party is accosted by a monk in the service of Gielaph, who whispers hoarsely that the lamb has been shorn and is ready for the slaughter.
9. The price of mercenaries and bodyguards is much increased due to the raise in demand for protection.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hah, very cool. I need to get you guys a map to the treasure as well a map of the city. I shall post them tomorrow afternoon. As an aside, I typically throw out very few red herrings when running a pbp. IRL is different, and I feel that the pace of play in a pbp is slow enough I don't want to slow things down to much by tricking you guys with false rumors.

This is, of course, not to say that everything you hear is true.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Fearghus »

NJWilliam wrote:Intro is pretty dense with information, here's what I've gathered:...
An excellent summary. Thank you.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by thirdkingdom »

I went ahead and started a thread called "Character Notes" for summaries like the above, so they don't get lost in the OOC thread. I will be allowing both IC and OOC threads to reach 20 pages or so before starting new ones. I know convention here is for shorter threads, but if this game runs to any length we will soon be deluged by a large number of threads.

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”