OOC I

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC I

#221 Post by Rodriguez »

thirdkingdom wrote:I can give more info on the temples later, if you would like.
Certainly would be interested in that.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#222 Post by Rodriguez »

Do we have a special topic to track expenses or should we just modify our character sheets?

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#223 Post by Rodriguez »

Do we have someone in our Group that has a magical weapon but is not interested in getting into close combat with the vampire? Styr can dish out some serious damage if he can surprise his opponent but his axe probably wont do much good against such a creature...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rodriguez wrote:Do we have a special topic to track expenses or should we just modify our character sheets?
There is the "Character Notes" topic, that can be used, or you can at minimum edit your character sheet. Ideally, someone should be adding plot hooks to the "Character Notes" section; I know I've given out several more since the starting ones.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by sulldawga »

thirdkingdom wrote:Mercenaries can be found at standard availability for a Class III market but at three times the price. Let me know what you're looking for specifically and I'll make an IC post.
Crossbowmen, longbowmen, or bowmen, in that order.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by drpete »

Magic weapons are sort of useless against a vampire, aren't they? At least the "standard" acks one, unless our goal is to drive it off. Or am I missing something? Our best hope is to stake it before it turns to mist.

Sorry about my spotty posting, I've had a death in the family.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by thirdkingdom »

drpete wrote:Magic weapons are sort of useless against a vampire, aren't they? At least the "standard" acks one, unless our goal is to drive it off. Or am I missing something? Our best hope is to stake it before it turns to mist.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Vampires are unaffected by normal weapons. They take normal damage from magical weapons.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by sulldawga »

My condolences, drpete.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by drpete »

thirdkingdom wrote:
drpete wrote:Magic weapons are sort of useless against a vampire, aren't they? At least the "standard" acks one, unless our goal is to drive it off. Or am I missing something? Our best hope is to stake it before it turns to mist.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Vampires are unaffected by normal weapons. They take normal damage from magical weapons.
But they cannot be killed that way, just turned into mist form. Feels like a problem, though I suppose we can work with it.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#230 Post by NJWilliam »

FYI:

Tychon has 4 flasks of holy water and 5 flasks of military oil.
Adtas (his henchman) has 1 flask of holy water and 5 flasks of military oil.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#231 Post by Hrafn »

Rodriguez wrote:Do we have someone in our Group that has a magical weapon but is not interested in getting into close combat with the vampire? Styr can dish out some serious damage if he can surprise his opponent but his axe probably wont do much good against such a creature...
Depending, Kaa may end up just using magic. Or a lit torch. Or hell, just a pitchfork to pin her down with.

Are vampires "no HP damage" resistant to normal weapons or "LOL caint touch this" resistant?
thirdkingdom wrote: There is the "Character Notes" topic, that can be used, or you can at minimum edit your character sheet. Ideally, someone should be adding plot hooks to the "Character Notes" section; I know I've given out several more since the starting ones.
I thought someone called dibs on note-taking? Ah well. I am going to go back through and make sure my maps are correct so I'll grab notes along the way. :)
drpete wrote: But they cannot be killed that way, just turned into mist form. Feels like a problem, though I suppose we can work with it.
I'm so sorry D:

And yeah. But they can't be staked either; grappling them causes level drain. You kill them by beating them only when you know where te coffin is, and then getting there on the clock to stake them while they are immobile.

I mean, I suppose you could sharpen a pike and go for a critical, but odds are we need to do this the hard way.
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by sulldawga »

The hope here is that, since we've destroyed their coffins in the old house, the only coffins they'll have to reform in will be in the cliffside house. So we can corner them there and kill them for good.

If we destroy the coffins in the cliffside house and they still get away from us, then they've got more coffins stashed somewhere else and we're up a creek.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by sulldawga »

thirdkingdom wrote:sulldawga, what do you mean by "blessed" items?
Items blessed by a priest. I have a vague recollection of being able to kill rakshasa with a blessed crossbow bolt in 1e D&D. Why I think that has any application here, I have no idea. But I figured it can't hurt to ask.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by drpete »

Hrafn wrote: And yeah. But they can't be staked either; grappling them causes level drain. You kill them by beating them only when you know where te coffin is, and then getting there on the clock to stake them while they are immobile.

I mean, I suppose you could sharpen a pike and go for a critical, but odds are we need to do this the hard way.
Ah, but thirdkingdom has told us that they don't drain levels that way, they must drink the blood of their victims, which makes them grabbable for staking, so long as they don't sink their teeth into you.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by sulldawga »

So are we hunkering down for the night and then heading there in the morning, or are we going there in the evening in the hopes of destroying the rest of their coffins while they're out hunting?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by thirdkingdom »

Yeah, posts are kind of going all over the place. I know this game slows down a bit over the weekend, so I'd like a vote from ya'll by Sunday evening on the following two things:
1)Are you all leaving for the beach house tonight or the next morning.
2)Are you going to try and rent to manor in town before you go.

It seems like we're kind of treading water here, so I'd like to get some momentum going one way or the other. Thanks.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#238 Post by NJWilliam »

My votes:

1) hit the beach house in the morning/daylight
2) try to rent the manor before we hit the beach house
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

I dunno what do you wanna do?

#239 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha is easy, he'll go where ever. Better in his mind the companions are together than scattered.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by drpete »

Yeah, I think we hit a kind of pause/transition moment, and we weren't quite ready to say let's do the next thing. Maybe we need to push that a little more, calling for votes, etc.

Babu wants to go to the beach house on the morning, and try to get the manor first, but maybe wait to move in until we've dealt with the night stalker, our at least are ready to fend him off.

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”