OOC I

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC I

#241 Post by Hrafn »

Ah, but thirdkingdom has told us that they don't drain levels that way, they must drink the blood of their victims, which makes them grabbable for staking, so long as they don't sink their teeth into you.
I read that as the drain isn't permanent, but still an acute threat. Guess we will see?
thirdkingdom wrote:Yeah, posts are kind of going all over the place. I know this game slows down a bit over the weekend, so I'd like a vote from ya'll by Sunday evening on the following two things:
1)Are you all leaving for the beach house tonight or the next morning.
2)Are you going to try and rent to manor in town before you go.

It seems like we're kind of treading water here, so I'd like to get some momentum going one way or the other. Thanks.
Beach house requires sunlight. But with ten hours of darkness or so, they could achieve a lot! I would hate to get there and find the whole shebang was abandoned! D:
Oh well. If we do get there and it's vacant, we can continue the story. So I vote for leaving in the morning.

Kaa is interested in renting the villa, as it would become a base of sorts. We have a company, and may hire more again in the near future. A compound with walls, rooms, courtyard? Yes, please.

This should mark the end of my funny work schedule for the time being. Once I transition to a different role i won't be able to use my phone on-site, but I will have better hours in general.
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by sulldawga »

Well, I obviously wanted to go tonight but looks like I'm outvoted. Best we hunker down for the night then and hope the Night Stalker(s) don't find us unprepared.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#244 Post by NJWilliam »

I'm not aware of what's involved in communing with the spirits, such as time needed, risks, etc.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by thirdkingdom »

NJWilliam wrote:I'm not aware of what's involved in communing with the spirits, such as time needed, risks, etc.
It can be done once per week, takes one turn during which time the shaman's spirit is essentially out of their body, and enables them to ask their spirit ancestors three ye/no questions. Note that the spirit ancestors are not omniscient, but as long as you're pretty clear and precise in your questioning I'm not going to mess with you too much.

Also, keep in mind that I have already made one roll to determine if you guys are being followed. There is the potential for future rolls.

Man, the more that I think about it the deadlier the vampire's Charm Person ability is.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by NJWilliam »

I have a bit of a concern that we are being led into a trap, rather than being saved from one . . .
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by sulldawga »

Question #1 - Is there at least one vampire in the cliffside house?

If the answer is yes:
Question #2 - Do the vampires in the house know we're coming?
Question #3 - Are there any innocent people in the house?

If the answer to Question #1 is no:
Question #2 - Are there any coffins inside the house?
Question #3 - Are the vampires in the sewers right now?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by sulldawga »

Are we in Mellas right now? Because if the cliffside house is outside of Mellas, then at least one of those questions answered wasn't helpful.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by sulldawga »

The only thing we really learned is that the vampires have coffins in places other than the cliffside house. Assuming they actually sleep in coffins during the day...

Sounds like we have two choices. One is to search the cliffside house and see if there are any clues about where else the vampires might be sleeping. The other is to forget about vampires for now and follow another one of the plot hooks.

Or I guess a third choice is to hang out all day, sneak back into Mellas at night, and try to catch the Night Stalkers in the act of feeding.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by NJWilliam »

Well, we need a place to stay, and it seems Mr. Sugar helped us.
Why don't we see what the urchin can tell us about meeting up with Mr. Sugar again, and meanwhile head to the cliffside house and search it, and get some lodging nearby.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#254 Post by NJWilliam »

In that case, I vote for search/ransack cliffside house, especially if we can get there during daylight, and get some lodging nearby it.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by NJWilliam »

What range are the cliffside house patrol now at and what sort of cover, if any, do they have?
Is there any cover nearby for the party, such as a wall to the cottage, tree, etc?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by thirdkingdom »

NJWilliam wrote:What range are the cliffside house patrol now at and what sort of cover, if any, do they have?
Is there any cover nearby for the party, such as a wall to the cottage, tree, etc?
You guys said you wanted to come within hailing distance, so I'm assuming you're within 60'. Neither the patrols nor the PCs have any form of cover. There is no door visible on this side of the house, but there are some windows.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#258 Post by Fearghus »

If they'll let us get within 60', I'd say that is good. We can holler a bit.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by thirdkingdom »

I'll roll combat out this evening. I'm pretty slammed at work, so haven't been able to post as frequently as in the past.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#260 Post by Hrafn »

No problem. I'm in the same position! I'm at the point of considering posting within 24 hits of my last, a success on the 1/day mark :oops:
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”