Action Thread 17

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 17

#101 Post by Alethan »

If anyone else is going to help Jeloon against the rats, please post your action now or indicate that you're not helping.

Wouldn't mind lighting a fire back under the Legacy thread and pick the pace up to something that is more than once a week...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Argennian »

Not knowing what else he can do to help Jeloon, except jumping in and making himself a target as well as risking drowning in his armor, Yosef again cries out again in desperation to his half-orc companion. "Jeloon! You have to swim for one of the sides!"

The elf moves up to the drop off and begins splashing the water there with his free hand, hoping to lure some of the giant rats off of Jeloon and back towards him.

OOC: Yosef is definitely not going to jump in the water next to Jeloon. From everything that's been stated and detailed, if he did so in his armor he'd drown. With a whopping 8 hit points, there's no way he'd take the chance to do so without his armor. I had originally thought that maybe he could get a running start and jump past her, his intention being to hold his breath and make for the other side, pulling himself up and out of the water all the while potentially luring some of the rats away from her.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:Not knowing what else he can do to help Jeloon, except jumping in and making himself a target as well as risking drowning in his armor, Yosef again cries out again in desperation to his half-orc companion. "Jeloon! You have to swim for one of the sides!"
This situation is pretty ugly. I'm not even sure how many rats she's even facing, but that is a lot of attacks against her (probably with attack bonuses, and without reciprocation) if she attempts to swim and flee.

Given how little damage they are capable of doing, Jeloon might have a good chance of eliminating the problem... if she could only hit! I really don't know?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#104 Post by Alethan »

Till is close enough to help by attacking rats in the next round. Hold on, Jeloon!

Hopefully Van can get a spear attack in? I'm assuming he didn't THROW his magical spear at the rats earlier...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#105 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:OOC: Yosef is definitely not going to jump in the water next to Jeloon. From everything that's been stated and detailed, if he did so in his armor he'd drown. With a whopping 8 hit points, there's no way he'd take the chance to do so without his armor. I had originally thought that maybe he could get a running start and jump past her, his intention being to hold his breath and make for the other side, pulling himself up and out of the water all the while potentially luring some of the rats away from her.
Bruard is in the same position. He's pretty pointless out of the water, and he'll drown if he goes in, unless he takes off his plate first... and then what? Ron, I don't imagine that Bruard could take a swing at a rat from out of the water? Also, how long would it take for him to remove his plate armor?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 11:12 a
Round 2

Van is too far to attack with his spear without throwing it and getting involved in the missile fire rules.

Jeloon slashes around, water splashes everywhere. She is certain that one strike of her sword hit. Then the rats attack and several them are able to score bites. Jeloon feels four sets of fangs strike home. 8 HPs damage The rest of her sword swings go awry, and she’s feeling hurt at this point as her blood mingles in the water with the rats’.

Van is stripping off his chainmail as Till comes rushing out the passageway on the other side, quietly but quickly.

For Round 3, Jeloon still will not need to make an initiative roll, just attack rolls. The rats are less than a hit die, which means that Jeloon gets 4 attacks per round, 2 before the rats and 2 after. We’ll keep that number, but (as per the module) she will be subjected to a -4 on her to hit rolls.
Don’t need to make any saving throws. Make all actions and rolls in your post. With all that’s going on, someone could try to jump past Jeloon but it’d be extremely difficult, not sure of the penalties I'd assign, it would depend on what/how you wanted to do it.

HPs: Jeloon - 05/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Helm used 1x today.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon feels weak. Extremely weak. It feels like it takes all her efforts just to stay afloat, but the swarming rats will no doubt end her if she dare drop her defenses completely and attempt to swim past or away from them. "Must." "Fight." "On." she gasps between her struggles.

"DIE!" she blurts out in orcish, swinging wildly and hoping for the best.

+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7

+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17 [1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#108 Post by Alethan »

"Hang in there, Jeloon!"Till whispers as he swipes at the rats with his sword and dagger...

To Hit, Shortsword+1 [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12 (Hits AC7) and Dagger +1 [1d20] = 17 (Hits AC2)
(How about a +2 for attacking from behind on each of those? ;) That would be "Hits AC5" and "Hits AC0" then...)

Damage, Shortsword+1 (Small/Medium) [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
Damage, Dagger+1 (Small/Medium) [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#109 Post by ToniXX »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard is in the same position. He's pretty pointless out of the water, and he'll drown if he goes in, unless he takes off his plate first... and then what? Ron, I don't imagine that Bruard could take a swing at a rat from out of the water? Also, how long would it take for him to remove his plate armor?
Hello? :D I think you missed my questions, Ron.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:
ToniXX wrote:Bruard is in the same position. He's pretty pointless out of the water, and he'll drown if he goes in, unless he takes off his plate first... and then what? Ron, I don't imagine that Bruard could take a swing at a rat from out of the water? Also, how long would it take for him to remove his plate armor?
Hello? :D I think you missed my questions, Ron.
Saw it, and missed it. Sorry Greg.

I think I glazed over it, because it would take you a round to get it off... longer to get it back on. ;)

Sorry about that.

I'm actually a little surprised by this combat. Even though they do have the advantage of numbers, the rats are making some pretty good rolls. The de-armoring of Jeloon helps a lot... or hurts depending on which side of the DMs screen you are looking.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:... the rats are making some pretty good rolls.
Yeah, feel free to knock that off any time. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:... the rats are making some pretty good rolls.
Yeah, feel free to knock that off any time. ;)
I've actually been giving them some penalties to hit as well for reasons I can't divulge. :)
Intrigued to see how this ends.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#113 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Intrigued to see how this ends.
With a half-orc drowning in my guess.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#114 Post by Alethan »

So... what's the hold up here? We waiting on an action by someone?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#115 Post by ToniXX »

Fuck it!

Bruard begins to quickly remove his armor so he may jump in and help Jeloon and get these darn rats out of our way! Per Ron's note, that will take one round. Ron, just let me know when he can start bashing rats in the water!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Fuck it!

Bruard begins to quickly remove his armor so he may jump in and help Jeloon and get these darn rats out of our way! Per Ron's note, that will take one round. Ron, just let me know when he can start bashing rats in the water!
That was last round, so go ahead and make your attacks for this round. Till is already headed to the melee, and Van has stripped his armor too.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#117 Post by Alethan »

lol...

everyone's gettin' nekkid with giant rats!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by rredmond »

I always think that it's dirty boxers and a tee shirt under there. Sorta like when the Juggers take off their armor in Blood of Heroes. :D

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#119 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:That was last round, so go ahead and make your attacks for this round. Till is already headed to the melee, and Van has stripped his armor too.
Whats the rule on attacks per round for opponents less than one HD? Do I get two or four??? And can someone point me to the page in OSRIC on this? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to read up on this rule :)

I imagine the tshirts and boxers too. LOL!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:Whats the rule on attacks per round for opponents less than one HD? Do I get two or four??? And can someone point me to the page in OSRIC on this? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to read up on this rule :)
OOC: the multiple attack rule that we've been applying here is in regards to fighter-class characters being able to attack creatures under 1 Hit Dice, the amount of attacks equal to their level. (i.e.- a 3rd level fighter can make 3 attacks per round against any creature under 1HD)

(Note: Greg, I'm still at work and cannot get access to my pdf, but this should be listed either under the fighter class section or in the combat section. I'll edit my post here with that rule when get home tonight!)

ToniXX wrote:I imagine the tshirts and boxers too. LOL!
ROFLMAO!!

(and probably dirty ones at that!)
:lol:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”