Action Thread 17

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 17

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:42 a

Jeloon doesn't go far into the room, other than making a lot of noise, smashing more of the dishes, and spotting a spoon or fork on occasion, there doesn't seem to be anything else in this room.

She doesn't go too far, only because it looks like the stuff in this room, especially the things she just stomped, can get pretty pointy. Her toes are made of tougher stuff, but she'd have to definitely trod upon the sharp pointed objects. It's every where!

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Yosef) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 17

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Turning to the rest of the group waiting behind her, Jeloon offers: "Seem empty to me."

"Anyone else wanna look, or do we press on?"
she asks.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

"For now, let's press on. Something tells me there might be more to this room, but we'll wait until Bruard's helm is active before we check more closely."

Till moves the party on to the next room.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"For now, let's press on. Something tells me there might be more to this room, but we'll wait until Bruard's helm is active before we check more closely."
Bruard nods in agreement and moves on.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods to Till and prepares to move out, silently thankful that the dinnerware-smashing racket and subsequent subterranean echoes are finally over! :)

The elf tries to swallow the nervous lump in his throat and ignore the prickly feeling of impending doom that's making him sweat. He shares a look of concern with Van and holds his torch high as the party moves to the next chamber.
Last edited by Argennian on Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Till taps his foot and looks at his pocketwatch...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Till taps his foot and looks at his pocketwatch...
Setting off the trap and causing the blue flash from the bolt of lightning.
Everyone make a save for half damage!
[40d6] = 127 HPs damage

Just kidding. :) Gimme a sec to update.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Setting off the trap and causing the blue flash from the bolt of lightning.
Everyone make a save for half damage!
[40d6] = 127 HPs damage
:lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

Goodness. I can't believe this was my 2,000th post:
dmw71 wrote: :lol:
:roll:
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Ahhhh, we have turned another one to the dark side!
:lol:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:44 a

The next room you all remember as you move closer. It smells. Real bad. The smells is nauseating, as as you stand at the entrance to survey the room through tearing eyes, you see this chamber contains piles of rotting or decayed food. Most of it is not recognizable and covered with mold. Small flies buzz about the room and maggots crawl from anything resembling meat. It's completely disgusting.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (49.44 KiB) Viewed 1408 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Yosef) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Standing back from the doorway and looking in, Till mutters, "I bet this is where that bastard king keeps all his treasure, too. Can't you do some kind of 'scourgify' spell and get rid of the smell, Yosef?"

OOC: Alright... is it time to have Bruard pull out his helm and quickly scan all of the rooms for anything secret or hidden?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:OOC: Alright... is it time to have Bruard pull out his helm and quickly scan all of the rooms for anything secret or hidden?
Agreed. Jeloon does not want to go back into that stinky room unless absolutely necessary.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Standing back from the doorway and looking in, Till mutters, "I bet this is where that bastard king keeps all his treasure, too. Can't you do some kind of 'scourgify' spell and get rid of the smell, Yosef?"
"I wish that I could, my friend. That smell is... beyond horrid," Yosef responds as he holds the torch high and pulls the hood of his cloak around to cover his nose and mouth to keep from puking.

Alethan wrote:OOC: Alright... is it time to have Bruard pull out his helm and quickly scan all of the rooms for anything secret or hidden?
OOC: :!: :!: :!:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard nods in agreement. (He does a lot of that). He'll move to the 'bottle' room first, then move backwards from there, checking each room, keeping mind of how much time is left for the magic of the helm.
Make ready, friends, for me to move quickly from room to room.

Ron, let me know if you need further info from me. Otherwise, let me know if I see anything 'fun'.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:49 a

Bruard pings off the truesight of his helm. The countdown inside it shows he has 5 minutes to explore. :) Exploring the rooms is easy, the AOE covers them fine, it's really getting from room to room that takes the time. He goes from Bottle Room, to Stinky, to the Utensil room, to the Dagger room. With seeming nothing to report.

PM to Greg.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19

Helm used 1x today.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by ToniXX »

Once he is done with his examination, Bruard flips the helmet's visor back up and says I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing hidden, either doors or anything else, and no alignment auras. The dagger is hiding nothing. I say we leave the dagger and everything else in these rooms and move on.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Argennian »

Yosef looks from Bruard to Till and Jeloon and nods his readiness to proceed. "Shall we continue across the room with the standing water and to the passage beyond it then, friends?" he queries, preparing to move out behind the cleric of Shinare.

"Friend Bruard, you should still have the capability to use the Helm of Sight two more times this day. Mayhap something new will be revealed with it's next use. Something that might help us," the elf opines, holding his torch as high as he can to provide the most light he can for the others.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

Till nods in agreement, mad that nothing of value was found.

He moves towards the water, wondering how it can easily be crossed...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"Shall we continue across the room with the standing water and to the passage beyond it then, friends?"
Jeloon nods her agreement and quickly follows Till. "Me not like swimming, but probably couldn't hurt clean stink out from that room." she says, curling her snout at the extra odor she's now carrying as a result of her earlier investigations.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”