Priory of St. Analuska

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Priory of St. Analuska

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

A fine map is provided to the party - giving detailed directions to the Priory (getting info from the imperial foresters is a great boon, also, you have a 3 week pass to hunt game for your own needs in the forest without being a poacher.) and as indicated, you arrive at the Priory. Your have been told that there was a large underground complex under the Priory, to protect its treasures from raiders and orcs in the past, however, you do not know where the access point(s) are, as they died with the brothers and sisters of the Priory.

The trip itself goes fast, and in fact, you make it in six days, instead of the expected seven. you are at a clearing, and can see the ruins of the Priory before you. they are approx 400 feet away from you to the North. To the left is the old living quarters , you do not know the shape it is in, except that you see that the locals, whatever they may be, have been pulling the lead roof tiles in large patches, leaving the building surely water damaged, the building on the right is well burned out, its stone blackened. In the center, almost untouched, is the oddly shaped actual Priory. In the distance is a barn which leads to some abandoned fields and a odd corpse of trees planted in the middle of the farmland. To the far left you see a pond, which appears to be normal, as many Priory's had a fish pond to provide meat for the brothers and sisters. You do not see any activity, and it is about 4pm, when the sun will set at about 6 pm.

Party is at the red diamond.

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Priory of St. Analuska

#2 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred offers a quick prayer to those that fell here and to those that are laid to rest here, forgiving the possible disruption of their eternal rest.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian offers his service as the lead marcher, to check for traps/pits, etc. along with, "

I say we get inside quick like. Don't want to be critter food out here in the elements, when there is a fairly defensible place right here.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:"I say we get inside quick like. Don't want to be critter food out here in the elements, when there is a fairly defensible place right here."
"Agreed," states Ceric, drawing his sword. "I will walk with you."

"Now, let us make haste."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Onwards then." says Coenboerht. Readying his shield and ax the halfling follows his companions.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Distorted Humor »

which building are you headed to?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Beya looks over the ruins and feels a few butterflies of fear float around in her stomach. Shaking them off and doing her best to maintain a proper 'experienced dungeon adventurer' aura; she casually flips one of her throwing daggers in her hand and asks as nonchalantly as possible; "So....should we go straight for the Priory or check out one of the other buildings first?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

max_vale wrote:"So....should we go straight for the Priory or check out one of the other buildings first?"
Ceric has no objection to this, but looks to Felgorian for his input. "What say you?" he asks his bold, dwarven companion.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian answers,

I say we quickly confirm the burnt ruin is empty, and go to the priory.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred agrees. The proiry would be where the item was kept I would imagine.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:"I say we quickly confirm the burnt ruin is empty, and go to the priory."
Ceric nods his agreement. "Let's keep in mind our objective and not waste too much time with the ruins. We'll make sure they're safe, but the priory is what should demand our attention, should it not?" he asks.

He then waits for the dwarf to lead.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Distorted Humor »

(OCC - I will most likely be out of internet for the next 2-3 days since I am in the process of moving out. My modem has to go today back to the internet company. )

The party makes quick passage across the fields, the burned out building is just stonework, perhaps in dire need it could be made into a defensive wall, but right now its just burned out and rotted timbers. The Monks quarters also is well damaged, however in a dry spot you see a stone circle and the remains of a campfire (but no smoke or embers active, its been out for at least a day) the actual priory building is sound, and there are 4 doors near the center of the building, one facing north, south, east, and west. The Thief looks over the doors, and does not detect any sort of traps on the door, and the western door has been spiked with a Iron spike to keep it open, inside the party sees some statues and a alter, but would need to go inside to get a good view due to the gloom.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Shall we go in?" asks the halfling, intending to do so even if none respond to him.

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred looks at the spikes, "It looks like someone has been here recently. Hopefully they will not interfere with our task at hand"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian will head in the doorway, ready to defend against an attack.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Distorted Humor »

The eyes adjust to the room, and you see a central alter, raised above the floor about 15 feet above, with stairs leading up to it. Outwards into the corners is small shrines to numerous gods, some of which have fallen into disrepair or has been vandalized. There is some birds or bats in the rafters, judging by the mess they leave behind that has been left uncleaned over the years. It seems strangely calm, though there is a layer of dust about most items,

(Also, Marching Order would be good for future reference.)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Ceric will follow closely behind Felgorian, keeping his eyes focused on the altar looming above them.

Regarding marching order, I'm not even positive what players/characters are still active in the game from the 'Player Characters' thread, but Ceric prefers to be somewhere up front.
-- Project --
-- DM --

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by max_vale »

Beya feels her senses go on 'high alert' as she follows the Dwarf, Halfling and Cleric into the Priory; her throwing dagger gripped tight and words of magic on the tip of her tongue if needed....

OOC: Unless I'm mising somebody; we have a Halfling; a Dwarf; two Clerics and me the Mage....and an NPC thief...that sound about right DM?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by onlyme »

I seem to recall the redbook saying that dwarves make good line leaders due to their ability to check for traps, etc. So, I think Felgorian should lead.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Distorted Humor »

OOC: Unless I'm mising somebody; we have a Halfling; a Dwarf; two Clerics and me the Mage....and an NPC thief...that sound about right DM?[/quote]

About Right :)

This is the marching order right now.

Felgorian - PC Dwarf - Onlyme
Ceric Perrigan - PC Fighter - DMW71
Brother Meldred - PC Cleric - Brov
Beya - PC mage - Max Vale
Boaur - NPC torch carrier
Husker Wilkenburg - NPC theif
Coenbeorht Kneecapper - PC Halfing - Vargr1105

As a note, Boaur is here since you saved his life, and is totally loyal to the party. so is not costing the party a 1/2 share in gold and XP, only Husker is a half share (since he NPCed.)

Return to “Empire of the Dragon Throne [BECMI/RC]”