Artha Nominations

Eric.D
Eric.D
Scout
Scout

Artha Nominations

#1 Post by Eric.D »

We will nominate and vote on Artha here. Please make sure to check this regularly! When a vote has passed, I will attempt to note that the artha should now be claimed.

Remember that only the GM nominates characters for Deeds, but players can and should nominate for anything else.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

Re: Artha Nominations

#2 Post by Eric.D »

Currently we have a few nominations:

Marullus for a Beliefs Fate point for the way he's interacted with the locals, really playing up the Cold trait, and trying to maintain an air of power.
VVhite-Crow for both a Beliefs Fate point and an Embodiment Persona point. He has done a great job of playing up his desire to take care of the Red Diamond, and his roleplay has been excellent thus far.

hidetzugu
Strider
Strider

#3 Post by hidetzugu »

Eric.D wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:43 pm
Marullus wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am The man's rage is only weakness before power.
So damn cool. I nominate Marullus for a Beliefs Fate point for the way he's interacted with the locals. It's not quite high enough for Embodiment just yet, but you're on the way!

Likewise, I think VVhite-Crow's been pushing real hard on his Belief that he must remove the Red Diamond, and also had some awesome roleplay thus far. I would nominate for both a Beliefs Fate point and an Embodiment Persona point.

Those are the only nominations I make at this time, but I think both Enoch and hidetzugu are well on their way already. If someone else thinks they have reached the threshold, they can offer a nomination here, my vote would be nay.

Remember that you can (and should!) nominate each other. I would recommend considering nominations at the end of each scene. Whenever a nomination is made, please reply with a yay or nay on the nomination. Simple majority rewards the artha.

Sorry, I somehow missed this, I think it's a good idea, this way we don't have to figure out "when sessions end".

Farouk: Yay for both - good job.
Nutesh: Nay. Sorry, I'd vote otherwise if you were more overt when leaning on your connection to Alagash.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Marullus »

Yes to all!

You guys are SO Awesome.

I want to nominate Farouk for an Embodiment Persona - his flavorful dive into Middle East description has set the entire game so far.

Per clarification in Discord, Nutesh's final first belief is/was -
"The appearance of power is power itself" was the first lesson of Alagash. I will use the power of his name to secure what I need to go find the Red Diamond.

...I'd like to declare that one achieved and re-write to the new understandings.
Nutesh: Nay. Sorry, I'd vote otherwise if you were more overt when leaning on your connection to Alagash.
Fair. In my mind, referring to living in the Nether was equivalent to Alagash's name. It didn't fit to talk about him directly.

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#5 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Marullus for a Beliefs Fate point for the way he's interacted with the locals, really playing up the Cold trait, and trying to maintain an air of power.
VVhite-Crow for both a Beliefs Fate point and an Embodiment Persona point. He has done a great job of playing up his desire to take care of the Red Diamond, and his roleplay has been excellent thus far.
Even though the cold trait didn't cause any trouble yet I really like how it defined Nuteshs interactions so far. So I'm in the yay department. :)
For myself... well... yay?! ^^' Thanks for the kind words!

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by Eric.D »

That gives us a majority in each, as players are allowed to vote for themselves.

So, 1 Fate to Marullus, and 1 Fate and Persona to VVhite Crow.

Voting on this is complete, though late votes can be cast in support of a yay or nay, to help us get on the same wavelength. Post any new nominations below.

hidetzugu
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by hidetzugu »

Nutesh:
1) I'd like to nominate Nutesh for the Spirit Familiar trait, I think it is heavily colouring play.
2) There is also a bit of overlap with the 'Always check for ambushes and tails through Carrock's eyes' Instinct that I feel is about to cause a lot of trouble but I guess I'll wait for that trouble to peak before making that case.

Suen:
1) IMO, it is undeniable that the Instinct 'Always obey my sister' just got you into trouble.
2) Additionally, you could have done so in a way less self-destructive way that I want to reward your ballsiness. I think openly admitting to where your power comes from is sufficient to reward you Tainted Legacy trait.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by Eric.D »

hidetzugu wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 am Nutesh:
1) I'd like to nominate Nutesh for the Spirit Familiar trait, I think it is heavily colouring play.
2) There is also a bit of overlap with the 'Always check for ambushes and tails through Carrock's eyes' Instinct that I feel is about to cause a lot of trouble but I guess I'll wait for that trouble to peak before making that case.

Suen:
1) IMO, it is undeniable that the Instinct 'Always obey my sister' just got you into trouble.
2) Additionally, you could have done so in a way less self-destructive way that I want to reward your ballsiness. I think openly admitting to where your power comes from is sufficient to reward you Tainted Legacy trait.
This may be the first time I've seen a good argument for Trait Fate. I completely agree with all of these nominations for both Nutesh and Suen-Magir.

If awarded, all of these nominations are for Fate points, so it would come out to two Fate points apiece.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by Eric.D »

I also think Lilly's Beliefs about speed and being enamored with the Gifted humans is heavily coloring the action in camp. I would nominate for a Beliefs Fate point on that.

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#10 Post by VVhite-Crow »

I like all of the above! Especially Enoch's instinct and his choice for the Hideous! trait was awesome and created (at least for me) a lot of unexpected drama. :) And I have the feeling, that Suens Belief about using his gaze will play a role shortly. ;)

hidetzugu
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by hidetzugu »

Eric.D wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:39 am I also think Lilly's Beliefs about speed and being enamored with the Gifted humans is heavily coloring the action in camp. I would nominate for a Beliefs Fate point on that.
Well I'll obviously agree with that :P

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#12 Post by Eric.D »

That's 3 out of the 5 of us, so Artha is awarded:

Nutesh: 2 Fate points
Suen-Magir: 2 Fate points
Lilly: 1 Fate point

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by VVhite-Crow »

I see why one could say it's doubled up, but I want to nominate Suen for another fate for his gaze Belief. The tainted legacy and his sisters influence started the commotion but using his gaze on Akhom turned it into a physical conflict, which is a whole nother level for me.

hidetzugu
Strider
Strider

#14 Post by hidetzugu »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:03 pm I see why one could say it's doubled up, but I want to nominate Suen for another fate for his gaze Belief. The tainted legacy and his sisters influence started the commotion but using his gaze on Akhom turned it into a physical conflict, which is a whole nother level for me.
I'm inclined to nay that one for that precise reason (I know! I'm such a debbie downer!)
I somehow missed the text of the Belief! that is definitely worth a Fate

On the other hand: I would like to nominate Farouk for the Superstitious trait, as it generated some player conflict.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by Eric.D »

I agree with hidetzugu on both of these.

That's enough for Suen-Magir to earn another Fate point.

If anybody else supports the nomination for Farouk, that will earn him a Fate point, as well.

Now I just need to find a way to make you folks burn through all this Artha you're earning. :mrgreen:

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#16 Post by VVhite-Crow »

When Artha- (or better Fate-) bloat becomes a thing and the vote doesn't handle it, I would gladly give Eric a veto right. And I'll stop voting on my own nominations. ;)
Oh, btw. I never really understood why you note the amount of Artha you spent on BITs. There are spaces on the character sheet and MrHyde updated it on his Forum-sheet for Lilly, but I see no mechanic that interacts with it.

hidetzugu
Strider
Strider

#17 Post by hidetzugu »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:32 pm When Artha- (or better Fate-) bloat becomes a thing and the vote doesn't handle it, I would gladly give Eric a veto right. And I'll stop voting on my own nominations. ;)
Oh, btw. I never really understood why you note the amount of Artha you spent on BITs. There are spaces on the character sheet and MrHyde updated it on his Forum-sheet for Lilly, but I see no mechanic that interacts with it.
It's a really long-term thing (I've never reached it). If you spend 3 Deeds + 10 Persona + 30 Fate in a stat/skill it Grayshades.

But maybe PBP will be the format that I eventually reach it!!!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Marullus »

I vote yes on both!

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#19 Post by Eric.D »

Farouk has earned a Fate point!

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#20 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Eric.D wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm Farouk has earned a Fate point!
Woohoo! :)
hidetzugu wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 pmIt's a really long-term thing (I've never reached it). If you spend 3 Deeds + 10 Persona + 30 Fate in a stat/skill it Grayshades.

But maybe PBP will be the format that I eventually reach it!!!
I'm familiar with Epiphanies. ;) I was speaking about the F, P and D next to your beliefs and instincts.

Return to “A Small Time Job (Burning Wheel Gold Revised)”