0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#1 Post by Eris »

The ship transitions in to Jump Space with a smooth 'whoosh' barely noticeable by anyone aboard. Zaki often has headaches when transitioning, but not this time. Smooth as butter!

You have a week in Jump Space. What are you doing during this interlude?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#2 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:39 pm The ship transitions in to Jump Space with a smooth 'whoosh' barely noticeable by anyone aboard. Zaki often has headaches when transitioning, but not this time. Smooth as butter!

Flighty will be working to evaluate and secure the equipment and cargo they salvaged. Then he has a briefcase to get into, but it might be booby trapped, so he’s going to get Bob and Zaki to look it over before the open it.

Once that is done, he’ll have to wait until Sigrun is out to talk to her and he’ll undoubtedly hear about Karsci and his amazing new psionic powers. ;)

Also getting to know Donovan better.

So far as relaxation, he’ll find something interesting to read and spend some time in the galley to be sociable while he consumes it.

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrún is sociable but also able to keep her own company. She is clearly at home aboard a star ship albeit apparently one with much less living space and unisex accomodation. This seems to default into making her a neat and tidy crewmate who should either wear a towel more often - or just more!

As soon as she regains any or all of her physical attributes she begins to train as much as she is able. Her fitness regime has only one apparent goal: the restoration of peak fighting ability. This she pursues with ruthless determination.

When not exercising to exhaustion she spends quiet time decorating her gear with inked patterns or etching runes on her liberated "rescue axe"* which she also trains with.

She will check out the container full of body armour and try some for size.
terrymixon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:31 pm Once that is done, he’ll have to wait until Sigrun is out to talk to her
Sigrún is amenable to a chat but remains troubled by her memory loss.

She will ask Flighty "How did you find the wreck on Pequan and what is in the container".

(OOC: * It's life saving gear but it's also a "rescue axe" because she rescued it from a sad and lonely existence on a shipwreck. This must show her caring nature... ;) Now the axe can have fun and play... with people! :shock: )

Edited: addition.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by helvorn »

Donovan will spend time getting to know the ship and the people aboard better. He will do that by working with whoever is doing maintenance in various areas of the ship to learn technically and spend time helping and talking. Donovan will also make himself available in the crew lounge and gladly talk about his own background. He will help Flighty and whoever else handles cargo and trading to see where he can fit in with his background. This will involve helping to sort through the cargo and salvage they brought aboard.

One day, he will approach Sigrun in the galley area. "Not to pry, but what brought you aboard that wrecked ship? You seem to be more of the warrior type than working the Spinward main aboard a trader."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:44 am
terrymixon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:31 pm Once that is done, he’ll have to wait until Sigrun is out to talk to her
Sigrún is amenable to a chat but remains troubled by her memory loss.

She will ask Flighty "How did you find the wreck on Pequan and what is in the container".
He’ll smile and shake his head. “It’s an odd situation. We were all brought out here from deeper in the Imperium—I came all the way from the Core sector and was born on Capitol—and got woken up and told they didn’t need us anymore.”

He chuckled. “That’s actually normal, I suppose. We were offered a job by some very secretive folks that I suspect worked for a mega corporation to recover the one cargo container in exchange for this ship. Pricy, eh? They told us where the ship was.”

Flighty took a drink of his coffee. “I considered looking to see what it was we recovered, but for that kind of money, I’m not sure I want to know. As you helped us recover it, I’d say you’re part of the effort and should get a share of the ship if you want to stay with us.

“I’m sorry you’re not able to remember much of your past. I hope Joxe will be able to help you get those back. This must all seem very strange to you.”

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:39 pm The ship transitions in to Jump Space with a smooth 'whoosh' barely noticeable by anyone aboard. Zaki often has headaches when transitioning, but not this time. Smooth as butter!

Zaki works on her strength and mobility exercise routines in between preparing meals for the crew and attending to steward duties, such as cleaning clothes and beddings.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 am One day, he will approach Sigrun in the galley area. "Not to pry, but what brought you aboard that wrecked ship? You seem to be more of the warrior type than working the Spinward main aboard a trader."
Sigrún smiles "Já, I am a warrior - I think I remember that and you can pry because I would like to know as much as you do. I know I had a fight with four men in an alley and I was doing well enough - two were down. I think they were something to do with Tostig Þorvaldsson. Maybe they were his men... or his crew? Then I was knocked out and I don't remember much more than that or why or even how I came to be in cold sleep and on that trader. I have ship skills as a gunner so maybe I was crew - like a Frozen Watch but that doesn't seem to make sense... You've seen Pequan - a ship should man its guns while insystem there. It's too easy to bounce ships forced into surface refuelling...".

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Eris »

A few OOC points
  1. The New Chance has 20 low berths (the 10 is a typo that I don't seem able to change).
  2. I'd like someone to appoint themselves in charge of the ship's Cargo & Passenger Manifest and Ship Finances and make appropriate updates when you make deals (I think Donovan has some Broker/Trader skills so is he going to be your Cargo Master?)
  3. I'm going to modify the CT Experience Rules in a post coming up. It is going to be more generous, but not much more. You will need to keep track of this on your Character Sheet.
  4. Speaking of Character Sheet, we need to put them online. The sheets Unseen Servant has aren't really appropriate for Traveller, so I'll work up a really simplified one for us in the form of a post in a dedicated thread. I'll do one for Bob and for Doug as templates you can follow.
  5. Character Sheets, Experience Rules, Cargo/Passenger Manifests and Finance posts will have Threads in Resources for the Game.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 am He’ll smile and shake his head. “It’s an odd situation. We were all brought out here from deeper in the Imperium—I came all the way from the Core sector and was born on Capitol—and got woken up and told they didn’t need us anymore.”

He chuckled. “That’s actually normal, I suppose. We were offered a job by some very secretive folks that I suspect worked for a mega corporation to recover the one cargo container in exchange for this ship. Pricy, eh? They told us where the ship was.”

Flighty took a drink of his coffee. “I considered looking to see what it was we recovered, but for that kind of money, I’m not sure I want to know. As you helped us recover it, I’d say you’re part of the effort and should get a share of the ship if you want to stay with us.

“I’m sorry you’re not able to remember much of your past. I hope Joxe will be able to help you get those back. This must all seem very strange to you.”
Sigrún frowns and then replies "I am from here - what you would call the Marches. I know of Pequan and Arden... the Frontier Worlds... but my world was... lost". She gives a rueful smile "Just like my memories..." then switches to "How could they know the location of a ship that was lost? That ship had been shot down - there were close in beam weapon burns stitching the hull. The shots weren't ideally placed... maybe the Corporate filth had a spy aboard because it didn't look like the bridge crew survived and the engineer decelerated into the bulkhead on impact - crash couch support sheared off. I didn't touch the body - I didn't want any of his cursed luck! If they had a Purser aboard then his gear might have held some clues...".

"Alternatively I suppose someone responsible may have reported the wreck - you know no one responsible shifts through Pequan?"

"When I already owe you a life it is very fair of you to offer me shares Kapiten Flighty. If I take some armour from that recovered consignment can the cost be taken from my shares?" She grins "If you gave your word not to look in the Corporate's consignment of treasure then I did not. I'll check the crate if you like?"

She muses "Things seem at least familiar to me - I just don't yet know why I am here".
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:59 pm
terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 am He’ll smile and shake his head. “It’s an odd situation. We were all brought out here from deeper in the Imperium—I came all the way from the Core sector and was born on Capitol—and got woken up and told they didn’t need us anymore.”

Sigrún frowns and then replies "I am from here - what you would call the Marches. I know of Pequan and Arden... the Frontier Worlds... but my world was... lost". She gives a rueful smile "Just like my memories..." then switches to "How could they know the location of a ship that was lost? That ship had been shot down - there were close in beam weapon burns stitching the hull. The shots weren't ideally placed... maybe the Corporate filth had a spy aboard because it didn't look like the bridge crew survived and the engineer decelerated into the bulkhead in the impact - crash couch support sheared off. I didn't touch the body - I didn't want any of his cursed luck! If they had a Purser aboard then his gear might have held some clues... Alternatively I suppose someone responsible may have reported the wreck".

"When I already owe you a life it is very fair of you to offer me shares Kapiten Flighty. If I take some armour from that recovered consignment can the cost be taken from my shares?" She grins "If you gave your word not to look in the Corporate's consignment of treasure then I did not. I'll check the crate if you like?"

She muses "Things seem at least familiar to me - I just don't yet know why I am here".
"It does sound suspicious when put that way," he agreed. "My suspicion, if I had to guess, was that someone was here collecting samples or making drugs from them that would be of a psionic nature. That is heavily frowned on and even illegal in the Imperium, so that would explain why they were willing to pay so much. If they knew where it was working, or at least picking up the stuff, they'd know where it was. Of course, I could be completely wrong."

"All of us, other than Donovan, agreed to the retrieval. While they never said we couldn't look, the inference was pretty clear. If you and Donovan were to satisfy your curiosity, I wouldn't complain as long as the cargo isn't damaged or released where it shouldn't be on the ship. Sophistry, but sometimes honor makes us do strange things."

He smiled. "Knowing what we're dealing with might help if they intend to take delivery of the cargo and then arrange for something to happen to us. It's always best to be ready for that kind of nonsense from the powerful and connected."

Flighty

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 pm "It does sound suspicious when put that way," he agreed. "My suspicion, if I had to guess, was that someone was here collecting samples or making drugs from them that would be of a psionic nature. That is heavily frowned on and even illegal in the Imperium, so that would explain why they were willing to pay so much. If they knew where it was working, or at least picking up the stuff, they'd know where it was. Of course, I could be completely wrong."

"All of us, other than Donovan, agreed to the retrieval. While they never said we couldn't look, the inference was pretty clear. If you and Donovan were to satisfy your curiosity, I wouldn't complain as long as the cargo isn't damaged or released where it shouldn't be on the ship. Sophistry, but sometimes honor makes us do strange things."

He smiled. "Knowing what we're dealing with might help if they intend to take delivery of the cargo and then arrange for something to happen to us. It's always best to be ready for that kind of nonsense from the powerful and connected."
Sigrún replies "I think the answer is already within even my fractured knowledge and reasoning. While I slept captive Jörmungandr lived in my dreams - the beasts were "gifted" in a psionic sense. Trapped in coldsleep as I was no physical connection was likely. You said the beasts also attacked your minds and yet your man who was bitten developed sorcery? These are just increasing degrees of exposure to raw psionics which is the snake's first attack form - but I'll bet it's physically in the snake venom! No wonder corporate scum would have interest here. I suggest you let me take a look at what I suspect might be a consignment of enough base state raw Thongamonganite to ensure that if we're caught with it we never see natural daylight again! To get betrayed by the Corporates you'll first have to slip Imperial customs!"

She meets Flighty's gaze with her odd eyes and states levelly "I think you and I agree that honour is everything!" she adds "For Sword Worlders reputation is a close second but I fear mine is... for now mislaid...".
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:12 pm
terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 pm "It does sound suspicious when put that way," he agreed. "My suspicion, if I had to guess, was that someone was here collecting samples or making drugs from them that would be of a psionic nature. That is heavily frowned on and even illegal in the Imperium, so that would explain why they were willing to pay so much. If they knew where it was working, or at least picking up the stuff, they'd know where it was. Of course, I could be completely wrong."

Sigrún replies "I think the answer is already within even my fractured knowledge and reasoning. While I slept captive Jörmungandr lived in my dreams - the beasts were "gifted" in a psionic sense. Trapped as I was no physical connection was likely. You said the beasts also attacked your minds and yet your man who was bitten developed sorcery? These are just increasing degrees of exposure to raw psionics which is the snake's first attack form - but I'll bet it's physically in the snake venom! No wonder corporate scum would have interest here. I suggest you let me take a look at what I suspect might be a consignment of enough Thongamonganite to ensure that if we're caught with it we never see natural daylight again! To get betrayed by the Corporates you'll first have to slip Imperial customs!"

She meets Flighty's gaze with her odd eyes and states levelly "I think you and I agree that honour is everything!"
Flighty frowned. "Karsci? He developed something? First I've heard of that. I hope it's nothing serious." Then he nodded. "Honor is extremely important and we owe it to the people on that ship to find out what we can about what happened to them. Take that look, you and Donovan. If we're wrong, no harm. If we're right, we have a week to plan."

He smiled. "Someone once told me that reputation is what other people know about you, and that honor is what you know about yourself. We have to be true to ourselves."

Flighty

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:20 pm Flighty frowned. "Karsci? He developed something? First I've heard of that. I hope it's nothing serious." Then he nodded. "Honor is extremely important and we owe it to the people on that ship to find out what we can about what happened to them. Take that look, you and Donovan. If we're wrong, no harm. If we're right, we have a week to plan."

He smiled. "Someone once told me that reputation is what other people know about you, and that honor is what you know about yourself. We have to be true to ourselves."
Sigrún sighs and with gentle emphasis chides "No, he didn't "develop something" - he now has a gift to the benefit of us all. I think Zaki saw it with her All Father's eye but you could at least wait until the border to start being so "Imperial" about it!" She adds "If I have shares I have a vote so you can count my vote with his against cutting his brain about - if needs be I'll fight for it!"

Then she smiles "Your last words held wisdom Kapiten Flighty" then she extends her smile into a vulpine grin that shows her teeth "but Fate is inexorable".

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm
terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:20 pm Flighty frowned. "Karsci? He developed something? First I've heard of that. I hope it's nothing serious." Then he nodded. "Honor is extremely important and we owe it to the people on that ship to find out what we can about what happened to them. Take that look, you and Donovan. If we're wrong, no harm. If we're right, we have a week to plan."

Sigrún sighs and with gentle emphasis chides "No, he didn't "develop something" - he now has a gift to the benefit of us all. I think Zaki saw it with her All Father's eye but you could at least wait until the border to start being so "Imperial" about it!" She adds "If I have shares I have a vote so you can count my vote with his against cutting his brain about - if needs be I'll fight for it!"

Then she smiles "Your last words held wisdom Kapiten Flighty" then she extends her smile into a vulpine grin that shows her teeth "but Fate is inexorable".
"I'll try to keep my Imperial to a minimum," he said with a smile. "And no one here will even think about doing something to him. It will be our little secret. Let me know what you find if I need to know."

Flighty

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:03 pm
"I'll try to keep my Imperial to a minimum," he said with a smile. "And no one here will even think about doing something to him. It will be our little secret. Let me know what you find if I need to know."
Sigrún laughs and acknowledges "This is of course your ship but you are a good man Foringi* Flighty - you be careful with that. I will go and find Donovan... and a crowbar!"

(OOC: Trans = Leader. Flighty may have scored points! :) ).

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ateno »

Karcsi will use the first day with minor exercises and jogging, eating and drinking.

After that he will speak with Sigrún. "I, Karcsi would like to thank you for acting as I would if i was there. I owe you a minor favor. Would you like to train together?

There is no guile in Karcsi question.

"There is little i had to prepare for this mission, i was woke from a sleeper that was sending me home.
Byt the military, or governments have other plans. I want to make the best of it."

Karcsi

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Tiglath »

ateno wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:11 am Karcsi will use the first day with minor exercises and jogging, eating and drinking.

After that he will speak with Sigrún. "I, Karcsi would like to thank you for acting as I would if i was there. I owe you a minor favor. Would you like to train together?

There is no guile in Karcsi question.

"There is little i had to prepare for this mission, i was woke from a sleeper that was sending me home. Byt the military, or governments have other plans. I want to make the best of it."
Sigrún instinctively replies "Allt er gott. Ekki at þakka" she then smiles at her error and translates "All is good. There is nothing to thank me for". She continues "You have a positive attitude to your situation and, yes, I would be happy to train with you. I see you favour the spear - a good all round weapon both in attack and for holding ground. For myself the axe" she gives a dangerous smile "because all out offense is the best defense - and it pairs well with a good pistol. We should work up to some sparring. It would keep us both sharp but I lost my last war axe in the leg of a níðingr*. Sadly that is most of what I can recall of how I ended up on Pequan. So I have a toolshop axe to train with but it's not a fighting weapon".

(OOC: * Trans: Villain with no honour).

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#18 Post by helvorn »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 pm
Sigrún smiles "Já, I am a warrior - I think I remember that and you can pry because I would like to know as much as you do. I know I had a fight with four men in an alley and I was doing well enough - two were down. I think they were something to do with Tostig Þorvaldsson. Maybe they were his men... or his crew? Then I was knocked out and I don't remember much more than that or why or even how I came to be in cold sleep and on that trader. I have ship skills as a gunner so maybe I was crew - like a Frozen Watch but that doesn't seem to make sense... You've seen Pequan - a ship should man its guns while insystem there. It's too easy to bounce ships forced into surface refuelling...".
Donovan frowned slightly as Sigrun relayed her story. "You were put into cold sleep without an attempt to heal you. It was almost like you may have kidnapped or taken by the people you were fighting if they owned the wreck. A mix of warrior and ships gunnery skills might make me think of a Marine where they battle in space and on the ground." He shook his head with a bitter look. "I was stranded on that hellhole for avoid the place several months. With no system defense except for the random ship from Arden it is like the wilderness beyond the star port and little settlements. I would rather avoid the place then pass through. There is no trade in the locals are definitely unfriendly and a bit crazy."

After thinking a bit and sipping his coffee, Donovan spoke carefully. "There may be some hint of who these people were on the ship in the salvage we found. It is unfortunate we could not pull the computer core."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ateno »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:24 am [dialog .... After that It would keep us both sharp but I lost my last war axe in the leg of a[/dialog] níðingr*. Sadly that is most of what I can recall of how I ended up on Pequan. So I have a toolshop axe to train with but it's not a fighting weapon".
"We should go to the ship engineer and have them print you an axe from ship steel. That's how I got my spear, hardly needs sharpening, pierces most anything and no bend, even if one of those magic snakes had charged me.

He thinks a bit.

"Maybe we could print 2 axes and another spear so we could cross train, yes.

Karcsi smiles.

Karcsi

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:49 am Donovan frowned slightly as Sigrun relayed her story. "You were put into cold sleep without an attempt to heal you. It was almost like you may have kidnapped or taken by the people you were fighting if they owned the wreck. A mix of warrior and ships gunnery skills might make me think of a Marine where they battle in space and on the ground." He shook his head with a bitter look. "I was stranded on that hellhole for avoid the place several months. With no system defense except for the random ship from Arden it is like the wilderness beyond the star port and little settlements. I would rather avoid the place then pass through. There is no trade in the locals are definitely unfriendly and a bit crazy."

After thinking a bit and sipping his coffee, Donovan spoke carefully. "There may be some hint of who these people were on the ship in the salvage we found. It is unfortunate we could not pull the computer core."
Sigrún attentively follows Donovan's reasoning adding her own commentary to his analysis "Maybe Tostig's men just had one autodoc and had to put their man in it? Or no medic like Zaki or no autodoc at all. My hands were glued to my body and my feet secured so whoever put me in coldsleep knew I am dangerous or thought I would attempt escape. Marine?" She pulls a face "I don't know why but I don't like Marines..." then brightens "I am Navy! We have remembered something!"

She nods adding "Pequan is one of those places you only end up if you are on the way to somewhere else".

"As to the salvage Foringi Flighty directs you and I to check through the container. We are not covered by the contract and so therefore can not breach it. I think it may be very useful to learn what has been recovered".

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”