0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#121 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 am “All true. We may never know. It’s probably best if we vanish and they never find out what happened to us. That’s where a different IFF would come in handy. We could use Donovan and you as fresh faces until we get clear. One more thing to talk about once we are sure we won’t blow up.”
Sigrún nods absently ", maybe Donovan and I could pass ourselves off as Sword World pirates?"

She coolly asks "How are they doing with the bomb? I can hotwire airlock overrides but you really don't want me on... ordnance disposal".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:00 am
terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 am “All true. We may never know. It’s probably best if we vanish and they never find out what happened to us. That’s where a different IFF would come in handy. We could use Donovan and you as fresh faces until we get clear. One more thing to talk about once we are sure we won’t blow up.”
Sigrún nods absently ", maybe Donovan and I could pass ourselves off as Sword World pirates?"

She coolly asks "How are they doing with the bomb? I can hotwire airlock overrides but you really don't want me on... ordnance disposal".
“I’m not going to rush them. Lets hold off on jiggling their elbows. As for Sword World pirates, I can see the two of you playing the roles.”

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:18 am “I’m not going to rush them. Lets hold off on jiggling their elbows. As for Sword World pirates, I can see the two of you playing the roles.”
Sigrún replies solemnly ", in this situation jiggling is very bad. As pirates I think we might manage to be convincing. If we do then whichever Intelligence agencies are involved in this are left with only a third party to blame. I also think I can dispose of the talisman in a manner that would limit any... What is your Imperial term - blow work?"

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#124 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 am
terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:18 am “I’m not going to rush them. Lets hold off on jiggling their elbows. As for Sword World pirates, I can see the two of you playing the roles.”
Sigrún replies solemnly ", in this situation jiggling is very bad. As pirates I think we might manage to be convincing. If we do then whichever Intelligence agencies are involved in this are left with only a third party to blame. I also think I can dispose of the talisman in a manner that would limit any... What is your Imperial term - blow work?"
“We can’t keep something that dangerous, I agree. As an Imperial, I do try to keep blow work to a minimum, but I don’t think that’s the right term.”

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:20 pm
"A very strong hunch? Maybe one enhanced by our cargo. How can we find what the wire leads to without setting it off? If it is a bomb, there might be some kind of anti-tampering circuit. We need to be super careful. Please proceed."
"This'll do it." says Doug waving a small device he has in his hand, "I can trace the circuit with this thing. Doesn't tamper, just tracks the electricity along the wire. As long as it isn't tied up with a bunch of other wires it'll be easy to track."

As he gets to it he says, "Don't figure, though Captain. These guys gift us a ship, an old one, but not cheap just to bring them that gee gaw you picked up in that wreak. Why would they put a bomb aboard? I mean after we give it to them, maybe, but just shoot us and take the ship back would make more sense."

"Drat!" Doug says, "Bob unscrew this access point, we're going to have to pick the right wire out from a bunch that pass through here."

After a bit of moving wires and digging around behind panels, Doug says, "Okay, got it again. It's not all that neat a job they did, I can pick it out now even if it's in a group, wrong color for the gauge, this wasn't done by an Engineer."

More panels come off the bulkhead as Doug continues to trace the errant wire, "Hum, I'd lay you odds that this wire is headed for the junction between the power plant and the jump drive. Whoever put it in here is running it along the outside of the cable conduit holding it in place with cable ties...geeze Louise, sloppy work!"

"That would be a good place to plant a small bomb, too, it would cause a runaway reaction when we come out of jump space. The ship might not blow up, but it wouldn't come out of J Space either." Doug stands up and walks a couple of strides over and opens an access door next to the jump drive and shines a flashlight into the wiring that is exposed, "And there she is! Bob, see that green wire we've been tracking? It goes right to that box wedged down under the regulator. See?"

Doug stretches his back and scratches his head, "Flighty, it would be easy enough to just cut the wire, at this point, but that might be a bad idea. I can get to that box, but I'll have to dismantle this part of the J Drive and remove the regulator to expose it. We could take it out without detaching the wire, without cutting its power, but then what? I'm not a demolitions man and I reckon that's what we need."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrún offers "I'm not trained on explosives but I do know that charges are built to be specific to their role and that their placement is as important as any other part of the task. If we can move the charge away from where it was intended to be employed then we have defeated its purpose. Some of the hull plates we took from the wreck might divert or even contain the blast. If the workmanship is as amateur as Doug says then there is less chance of anti handling measures on the device and the whole thing looks more like hastily deployed but well informed sabotage than the work of agents".

She asks "So, who did you upset prior to jumping to Pequan?"

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 am "That would be a good place to plant a small bomb, too, it would cause a runaway reaction when we come out of jump space. The ship might not blow up, but it wouldn't come out of J Space either." Doug stands up and walks a couple of strides over and opens an access door next to the jump drive and shines a flashlight into the wiring that is exposed, "And there she is! Bob, see that green wire we've been tracking? It goes right to that box wedged down under the regulator. See?"

Doug stretches his back and scratches his head, "Flighty, it would be easy enough to just cut the wire, at this point, but that might be a bad idea. I can get to that box, but I'll have to dismantle this part of the J Drive and remove the regulator to expose it. We could take it out without detaching the wire, without cutting its power, but then what? I'm not a demolitions man and I reckon that's what we need."
Tiglath wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:39 pm Sigrún offers "I'm not trained on explosives but I do know that charges are built to be specific to their role and that their placement is as important as any other part of the task. If we can move the charge away from where it was intended to be employed then we have defeated its purpose. Some of the hull plates we took from the wreck might divert or even contain the blast. If the workmanship is as amateur as Doug says then there is less chance of anti handling measures on the device and the whole thing looks more like hastily deployed but well informed sabotage than the work of agents".

She asks "So, who did you upset prior to jumping to Pequan?"
"The only people we met were the ones that traded this ship for the cargo we recovered. I'd say this voids the deal. Thier bad faith means we'll keep the payment and they don't get squat. We have valid ownership papers, so legally, they're up a creek. They don't dare admit that they wanted that thing."

He peered at the bomb. "I think it's best to take things apart and extract the bomb without disturbing the wire. The hull plates would make a good baffle if it goes off. Sigrun, I'd appreciate it if you could work with Bob and Doug to get this dealt with. Then we need to go over the critical parts of the ship and make sure there isn't anything else to worry about. Like other bombs or transponders that would locate us if the bad guys ping us. Once we're sure we have the ship clean, then we can talk about what we do next."

Flighty headed for the hatch. "I'm going to check on Donovan and tell Zaki what we found. Let me know at once if you find anything else."

He headed for the med bay. "How is he?" he asked once he stepped inside.

Once he finds out, he'll bring them up to speed, since Donovan is awake.

Flighty

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 am Doug stretches his back and scratches his head, "Flighty, it would be easy enough to just cut the wire, at this point, but that might be a bad idea. I can get to that box, but I'll have to dismantle this part of the J Drive and remove the regulator to expose it. We could take it out without detaching the wire, without cutting its power, but then what? I'm not a demolitions man and I reckon that's what we need."
He peered at the bomb. "I think it's best to take things apart and extract the bomb without disturbing the wire. The hull plates would make a good baffle if it goes off. Sigrun, I'd appreciate it if you could work with Bob and Doug to get this dealt with... "
Sigrún responds "Já, Foringi" and immediately sets to.

"I'll fetch hull plates to give us protection. Don't worry boys - I think I've been in a similar place before with an unexploded missile". She studies the bomb as she distractedly talks to the engineers "They won't get us this time! Not this time! They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, kameraden. Not yet!"* Addressing Bob she says "Chef, strip down the drive as you suggested so we can release the charge". To Bob she says "Obermaschinist, I want as much of that wire free as possible - cut it out of the paneling if you have to". She claps Bob's shoulder "We're close to the aft air lock. Johann, get me enough slack wire and I'll shove the thing out into space!"

She has a basic enough understanding of Electronics and sufficiently ample dexterity to assist Bob in freeing the "bomb wire" from the rest of the ship's wiring loom.

While the engineers engineer Sigrún finds herself a spare Vacc suit. She seems very familiar with the use of this gear.

(OOC: "Sindee" may have rejected the engineers' reality and replaced it with her own... :roll:
* Because you can't beat a bit of Das Boot. ;)
Deckplan ref: viewtopic.php?p=689821#p689821
Showing how close the bomb is to the "back door". Somewhere near "10" on the map??? If so we maybe don't need to generate that much slack in the wire to at least get it into the air lock).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pmHe headed for the med bay. "How is he?" he asked once he stepped inside.

Zaki references the autodoc's readouts and gives Flighty a brief summary. She pales as he describes the goings-on back aft. "I think we all knew that this deal was too good to be true, so I'm not surprised that you found a bomb aboard. There are probably several, plus who knows what else they could have done. If I wanted to make a ship vanish forever, I'd make sure it blew up in hyperspace."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 pm
terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pmHe headed for the med bay. "How is he?" he asked once he stepped inside.

Zaki references the autodoc's readouts and gives Flighty a brief summary. She pales as he describes the goings-on back aft. "I think we all knew that this deal was too good to be true, so I'm not surprised that you found a bomb aboard. There are probably several, plus who knows what else they could have done. If I wanted to make a ship vanish forever, I'd make sure it blew up in hyperspace."
“I’ll go through the jump and maneuver programs, as well as all the flight controls. We’ll each need to look. Bob and Doug are working with Sigrún and will look everywhere for more sabotage devices. We will also need to check the fuel tanks, but that might have to wait until we’re in normal space. We can’t be too paranoid.”

He looked at the autodoc. “I had some visions when exposed to the thing in the crate. You and Donovan were talking. He made a joke about not giving any hot oil massages. I also saw Bob and Doug finding the electrical connection to the bomb. Added to the mild sense of impending danger I felt in the wreck, I suspect something more subtle has happened to me. Karsci also had a vision of future events. Precognition I suppose. Mine might be clairvoyance, I suppose. Donovan burning metal with his hand, I’m not sure what that would be. I haven’t heard about anything from Bob and Doug, but Sigrún also seems to be able to see the future. What about you? Have you developed anything?”

Flighty

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:05 pm
terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 am Doug stretches his back and scratches his head, "Flighty, it would be easy enough to just cut the wire, at this point, but that might be a bad idea. I can get to that box, but I'll have to dismantle this part of the J Drive and remove the regulator to expose it. We could take it out without detaching the wire, without cutting its power, but then what? I'm not a demolitions man and I reckon that's what we need."
He peered at the bomb. "I think it's best to take things apart and extract the bomb without disturbing the wire. The hull plates would make a good baffle if it goes off. Sigrun, I'd appreciate it if you could work with Bob and Doug to get this dealt with... "
Sigrún responds "Já, Foringi" and immediately sets to.

"I'll fetch hull plates to give us protection. Don't worry boys - I think I've been in a similar place before with an unexploded missile". She studies the bomb as she distractedly talks to the engineers "They won't get us this time! Not this time! They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, kameraden. Not yet!"* Addressing Bob she says "Chef, strip down the drive as you suggested so we can release the charge". To Bob she says "Obermaschinist, I want as much of that wire free as possible - cut it out of the paneling if you have to". She claps Bob's shoulder "We're close to the aft air lock. Johann, get me enough slack wire and I'll shove the thing out into space!"

She has a basic enough understanding of Electronics and sufficiently ample dexterity to assist Bob in freeing the "bomb wire" from the rest of the ship's wiring loom.

While the engineers engineer Sigrún finds herself a spare Vacc suit. She seems very familiar with the use of this gear.

(OOC: "Sindee" may have rejected the engineers' reality and replaced it with her own... :roll:
* Because you can't beat a bit of Das Boot. ;)
Deckplan ref: viewtopic.php?p=689821#p689821
Showing how close the bomb is to the "back door". Somewhere near "10" on the map??? If so we maybe don't need to generate that much slack in the wire to at least get it into the air lock).
Doug seems happy with Sigrun's ideas adding to them, "You know we've got plenty of cable and it's not that hard a thing to extend a cable in place all it takes is the right gauge of wire and a couple of splices and we can make the cable just about as long as we like. But, yeah, you're right, it's not that far from where that thing is and the aft airlock. We could just toss it out and let jump space take care of it. It'll cut the cable when it reaches the end of the jump bubble and nothing beyond the bubble is suppose to affect anything inside the bubble, so there's that."

Bob is removing access plates and Doug is disassembling the Jump Drive. This is going to take some time....
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#132 Post by helvorn »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:24 pm
“I’ll go through the jump and maneuver programs, as well as all the flight controls. We’ll each need to look. Bob and Doug are working with Sigrún and will look everywhere for more sabotage devices. We will also need to check the fuel tanks, but that might have to wait until we’re in normal space. We can’t be too paranoid.”

He looked at the autodoc. “I had some visions when exposed to the thing in the crate. You and Donovan were talking. He made a joke about not giving any hot oil massages. I also saw Bob and Doug finding the electrical connection to the bomb. Added to the mild sense of impending danger I felt in the wreck, I suspect something more subtle has happened to me. Karsci also had a vision of future events. Precognition I suppose. Mine might be clairvoyance, I suppose. Donovan burning metal with his hand, I’m not sure what that would be. I haven’t heard about anything from Bob and Doug, but Sigrún also seems to be able to see the future. What about you? Have you developed anything?”

Flighty
Donovan shakes his head. "I guess I'm not surprised that they put a backup in place to take us out. What worries me is the space ambush and battle. We should be prepared to bounce right back in the jump space once we arrive in the system. I assume we have a full load of fuel to do a second jump. I can go through the turret and weapons for anything suspicious and help out with engineering." He sighed. "In addition to the burning hand thing I seem to have a sense of danger."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 am
terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:24 pm

Flighty
Donovan shakes his head. "I guess I'm not surprised that they put a backup in place to take us out. What worries me is the space ambush and battle. We should be prepared to bounce right back in the jump space once we arrive in the system. I assume we have a full load of fuel to do a second jump. I can go through the turret and weapons for anything suspicious and help out with engineering." He sighed. "In addition to the burning hand thing I seem to have a sense of danger."
“We have fuel for a second J-1. I made sure of that and I’m glad I did. Good plan on checking the systems and I suspect a quiet exit is the best call. We’ll all talk about it once we’re sure we don’t have any other unpleasant surprises.”

Flighty

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am“We have fuel for a second J-1. I made sure of that and I’m glad I did. Good plan on checking the systems and I suspect a quiet exit is the best call. We’ll all talk about it once we’re sure we don’t have any other unpleasant surprises.”
Zaki's pale cheeks show a hint of color at the mention of the massage comment. "While you look, Donovan here will be resting to take are of his hand." She locks eyes with her erstwhile patient. "Right?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 am Doug seems happy with Sigrun's ideas adding to them, "You know we've got plenty of cable and it's not that hard a thing to extend a cable in place all it takes is the right gauge of wire and a couple of splices and we can make the cable just about as long as we like. But, yeah, you're right, it's not that far from where that thing is and the aft airlock. We could just toss it out and let jump space take care of it. It'll cut the cable when it reaches the end of the jump bubble and nothing beyond the bubble is suppose to affect anything inside the bubble, so there's that."

Bob is removing access plates and Doug is disassembling the Jump Drive. This is going to take some time....
Sigrún gives a triumphal laugh "Not this time, eh Chef? Splice in your wire and I'll throw it out. The ship needs engineers now..." She pauses and looks embarrassed as she addresses Doug and Bob "I'm sorry... I am Sigrún... my mind is broken - but Zaki says it will mend... I mistook you for my Chief Engineer and Machinist... they too were good men..." then she smiles in sudden surprise "...on the Gungnir! Some of my mind is coming back...".

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#136 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:17 pm
terrymixon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am“We have fuel for a second J-1. I made sure of that and I’m glad I did. Good plan on checking the systems and I suspect a quiet exit is the best call. We’ll all talk about it once we’re sure we don’t have any other unpleasant surprises.”
Zaki's pale cheeks show a hint of color at the mention of the massage comment. "While you look, Donovan here will be resting to take are of his hand." She locks eyes with her erstwhile patient. "Right?"
Donovan chuckles but he nods and laid back in the auto doc. He gave Zaki a wink and brief smile. "You really should give the massage a trial. It's very relaxing. After all we have to take care our doctor, right?"
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pmDonovan chuckles but he nods and laid back in the auto doc. He gave Zaki a wink and brief smile. "You really should give the massage a trial. It's very relaxing. After all we have to take care our doctor, right?"
Zaki sighs and makes a slight adjustment to the regeneration routine. "I wish that this thing worked for me like it does most people. Most Imperial doctors don't practice any other treatments, since my reaction to it is vanishingly rare." Faint patterns of light flow across her eyepiece as she works. "It's working very well for you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:47 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 am Doug seems happy with Sigrun's ideas adding to them, "You know we've got plenty of cable and it's not that hard a thing to extend a cable in place all it takes is the right gauge of wire and a couple of splices and we can make the cable just about as long as we like. But, yeah, you're right, it's not that far from where that thing is and the aft airlock. We could just toss it out and let jump space take care of it. It'll cut the cable when it reaches the end of the jump bubble and nothing beyond the bubble is suppose to affect anything inside the bubble, so there's that."

Sigrún gives a triumphal laugh "Not this time, eh Chef? Splice in your wire and I'll throw it out. The ship needs engineers now..." She pauses and looks embarrassed as she addresses Doug and Bob "I'm sorry... I am Sigrún... my mind is broken - but Zaki says it will mend... I mistook you for my Chief Engineer and Machinist... they too were good men..." then she smiles in sudden surprise "...on the Gungnir! Some of my mind is coming back...".
"Nobody's tossing it out until I get orders from Captain Flighty." Doug says then asks, "Swordy, right? I'm Doug and this is Bob, by the way. I'm Chief Engineer and Bob's my assistant. So, you got amnesia, eh? I've never heard of that happening from cold sleep before."

"Pleased, to meet you Sigrun, and Doug, she got whacked and tossed into low, is what I figure." Bob tells the Engineer looking to Sigrun for confirmation then adding, "You didn't see conditions over there. It's a miracle she survived at all!

Bob says over his shoulder as he pops off another access panel, "You know we have one more popsicle off that ship in cold storage. We need to drop him off at a good hospital somewhere before his best used by date. Don't suppose you know who the popsicle is, do you Miss Swordy Sigrun?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#139 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:16 pm
helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pmDonovan chuckles but he nods and laid back in the auto doc. He gave Zaki a wink and brief smile. "You really should give the massage a trial. It's very relaxing. After all we have to take care our doctor, right?"
Zaki sighs and makes a slight adjustment to the regeneration routine. "I wish that this thing worked for me like it does most people. Most Imperial doctors don't practice any other treatments, since my reaction to it is vanishingly rare." Faint patterns of light flow across her eyepiece as she works. "It's working very well for you."
Donovan gritted his teeth and the treatment began to take hold. His face became sober as Zaki spoke further. "Do you have a genetic rejection of the auto doc process?"

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#140 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:29 pm
joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:16 pm
Donovan gritted his teeth and the treatment began to take hold. His face became sober as Zaki spoke further. "Do you have a genetic rejection of the auto doc process?"
“It’s too bad Karsci’s healing seems to be on himself only. Unless he might be able to use it on you.”

Flighty

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”