0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#141 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm "Nobody's tossing it out until I get orders from Captain Flighty." Doug says then asks, "Swordy, right? I'm Doug and this is Bob, by the way. I'm Chief Engineer and Bob's my assistant. So, you got amnesia, eh? I've never heard of that happening from cold sleep before."

"Pleased, to meet you Sigrun, and Doug, she got whacked and tossed into low, is what I figure." Bob tells the Engineer looking to Sigrun for confirmation then adding, "You didn't see conditions over there. It's a miracle she survived at all!

Bob says over his shoulder as he pops off another access panel, "You know we have one more popsicle off that ship in cold storage. We need to drop him off at a good hospital somewhere before his best used by date. Don't suppose you know who the popsicle is, do you Miss Swordy Sigrun?"
Sigrún replies to Doug's comment about not spacing the bomb by meeting his gaze and stating levelly "The Kapiten told the three of us to deal with the situation - not to bother him with requests to take obvious action". She then seems to relent with "The bomb is on a timer but you will know Kapiten Flighty's style better than I do".

She offers Doug direct eye contact and a crushing handshake "I am Sigrún and já, I am from the Sword Worlds - Isenfang" (she seems faintly surprised here). She adds "Bob is right in that I was lucky that you pulled me from my hibernation with my friend the giant snake. I have no idea who the other cold berth passenger is but then my memory is foggy - not from hibernation but because just before that four of Tostig's crew jumped me outside a bar. I didn't think it too many but while one choked his last my axe got stuck in another's hip. Is that pelvis? Zaki would know... she is a very good healer. Anyway bad luck for both him and me! After that someone cracked my head and that's how I ended up in cold sleep. I should have won that fight but I was very drunk - just not at my best. So, I'm pleased to meet you both. I hold no rank aboard so Sigrún will do if you need me - not "Swordy" not "Miss".

Her manner is not overtly aggressive but she is being "alpha" in response to what may be "social probes" from her future shipmates which are (culturally) answered by way of riposte. Anyone failing to notice her personal confidence, situational awareness and "military bearing" might be about to make a "positional food chain blunder". If the half revealed tribal tattoos, minor melee scars and braided hair were translated by her body language into "Imperial" she'd be what Stan Ridgway might describe as "an awfully big Mehrine"...

(OOC: First day in the (engineering) yard! ;) :P )
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:29 pm
Donovan gritted his teeth and the treatment began to take hold. His face became sober as Zaki spoke further. "Do you have a genetic rejection of the auto doc process?"
“It’s too bad Karsci’s healing seems to be on himself only. Unless he might be able to use it on you.”
"Very few advanced therapies work for me," Zaki replies. "Something about my genetics just doesn't match. I didn't know about any of this until after my crash." She shrugs. "I could ask Karcsi to try, I suppose."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#143 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 am
helvorn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:29 pm
Donovan gritted his teeth and the treatment began to take hold. His face became sober as Zaki spoke further. "Do you have a genetic rejection of the auto doc process?"
“It’s too bad Karsci’s healing seems to be on himself only. Unless he might be able to use it on you.”
"Very few advanced therapies work for me," Zaki replies. "Something about my genetics just doesn't match. I didn't know about any of this until after my crash." She shrugs. "I could ask Karcsi to try, I suppose."
“It can’t hurt,” Flighty said. “Was the scan on the briefcase clear? I’d like to open it up and see if it has info on our cargo.”

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:38 am
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm "Nobody's tossing it out until I get orders from Captain Flighty." Doug says then asks, "Swordy, right? I'm Doug and this is Bob, by the way. I'm Chief Engineer and Bob's my assistant. So, you got amnesia, eh? I've never heard of that happening from cold sleep before."

"Pleased, to meet you Sigrun, and Doug, she got whacked and tossed into low, is what I figure." Bob tells the Engineer looking to Sigrun for confirmation then adding, "You didn't see conditions over there. It's a miracle she survived at all!

Bob says over his shoulder as he pops off another access panel, "You know we have one more popsicle off that ship in cold storage. We need to drop him off at a good hospital somewhere before his best used by date. Don't suppose you know who the popsicle is, do you Miss Swordy Sigrun?"
Sigrún replies to Doug's comment about not spacing the bomb by meeting his gaze and stating levelly "The Kapiten told the three of us to deal with the situation - not to bother him with requests to take obvious action". She then seems to relent with "The bomb is on a timer but you will know Kapiten Flighty's style better than I do".

She offers Doug direct eye contact and a crushing handshake "I am Sigrún and já, I am from the Sword Worlds - Isenfang" (she seems faintly surprised here). She adds "Bob is right in that I was lucky that you pulled me from my hibernation with my friend the giant snake. I have no idea who the other cold berth passenger is but then my memory is foggy - not from hibernation but because just before that four of Tostig's crew jumped me outside a bar. I didn't think it too many but while one choked his last my axe got stuck in another's hip. Is that pelvis? Zaki would know... she is a very good healer. Anyway bad luck for both him and me! After that someone cracked my head and that's how I ended up in cold sleep. I should have won that fight but I was very drunk - just not at my best. So, I'm pleased to meet you both. I hold no rank aboard so Sigrún will do if you need me - not "Swordy" not "Miss".

Her manner is not overtly aggressive but she is being "alpha" in response to what may be "social probes" from her future shipmates which are (culturally) answered by way of riposte. Anyone failing to notice her personal confidence, situational awareness and "military bearing" might be about to make a "positional food chain blunder". If the half revealed tribal tattoos, minor melee scars and braided hair were translated by her body language into "Imperial" she'd be what Stan Ridgway might describe as "an awfully big Mehrine"...

(OOC: First day in the (engineering) yard! ;) :P )
Someone will have to get her a shipsuit with a name tag that says Sindee, ;)
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm Someone will have to get her a shipsuit with a name tag that says Sindee, ;)
:lol:

Somone reckless... or very brave... :P

Oddly, in illustration of her brand of "warband macho", issuing that particular challenge and then owning the action might actually raise the name taggist's stock with the Sword Worlder...

Might... ;)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by Eris »

Doug accepts the handshake with direct eye contact and an equally firm grip, but not a challenge, "Okay, Sigrun, pleased to meet you."

"However, until I'm told differently by the Captain you're a civilian, er, I mean passenger, and I'm the Chief Engineer aboard this ship and Flighty is the Captain. He gives me orders. I give Bob orders. Sometimes, I'm nice to passengers and listen to their suggestions...sometimes."

Bob breaks in, "Chief, she makes a good point, though. It is a ticking time bomb, we probably should dump that box into jump space as soon as we get it out of the engine."

"Yeah, okay I agree with you both, but we ain't getting it out of there for another, what?, hour of work?" Doug nods then moves over to the comm, "But I'll call Flighty right now and get his okay to do that as soon as we do. That suit everybody?"

Doug taps the comm, "Captain, we'll have that box clear of the Jump Drive in about an hour. Sigrun, suggests we toss it out the aft air/lock into jump space. Bob and I agree that's a pretty good way of disposing of a bomb, but nobody back here is a demolitions expert, so it's just our best guesses. So, what are your orders?"

After Flighty replies with his orders...

Doug says, "Okay, will do. One more thing that needs clearing up. Is Sigrun a passenger or is she part of the crew now? And if she is crew what's her rank?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 pm

“It can’t hurt,” Flighty said. “Was the scan on the briefcase clear? I’d like to open it up and see if it has info on our cargo.”
You were interrupted, but from what scanning you did it looked pretty clear. There was a gun shaped object, a box of some sort that wasn't penetrated by the scan, and what appeared to be a folder of papers. Nothing that looked like a bomb if that's what you're asking. Now somebody with Electronics (or related skill) might do things like check the locks and so on, but otherwise it looks like a pretty standard briefcase.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#148 Post by helvorn »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 pm

Flighty
"Karsci can heal himself? That isn't a bad ability to pick up from our crazy artifact. It would definitely be worth seeing he can help others." Donovan perks up at the mention of a briefcase. "Did you find something on the wreck Flighty?"
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm "Yeah, okay I agree with you both, but we ain't getting it out of there for another, what?, hour of work?" Doug nods then moves over to the comm, "But I'll call Flighty right now and get his okay to do that as soon as we do. That suit everybody?"
Sigrún agrees "Já, you are the Chief Engineer, this is your Drive Room and this is an Engineering matter - in this situation you surely outrank everyone? So tell me how I can help. I suggested that I put it through the airlock because I am qualified on vacc suit and what you Imperials oddly call EVA". Her brow furrows then her teeth show as she adds "Ah, EVA. Now I translate it - "Extra Violent Activity", nei?"
Eris wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm After Flighty replies with his orders...

Doug says, "Okay, will do. One more thing that needs clearing up. Is Sigrun a passenger or is she part of the crew now? And if she is crew what's her rank?"
Sigrún's lips fully draw back from her teeth in a joyous feral grin as she answers "Korvettenkapitän Sigrún Völsung, Third Auxiliary Raiding Squadron, Sacnoth Fleet, Sword Worlds Navy".

Quick flashback for helvorn:
Tiglath wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 pm Sigrún... follows Donovan's reasoning "...Marine?" She pulls a face "I don't know why but I don't like Marines..." then brightens "I am Navy! We have remembered something!"
(OOC: Ohhh, hello! ;) )
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 pmYou were interrupted, but from what scanning you did it looked pretty clear. There was a gun shaped object, a box of some sort that wasn't penetrated by the scan, and what appeared to be a folder of papers. Nothing that looked like a bomb if that's what you're asking. Now somebody with Electronics (or related skill) might do things like check the locks and so on, but otherwise it looks like a pretty standard briefcase.
"It looked like a pistol, a box and some papers. I can try to scan it more carefully."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:48 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 pmYou were interrupted, but from what scanning you did it looked pretty clear. There was a gun shaped object, a box of some sort that wasn't penetrated by the scan, and what appeared to be a folder of papers. Nothing that looked like a bomb if that's what you're asking. Now somebody with Electronics (or related skill) might do things like check the locks and so on, but otherwise it looks like a pretty standard briefcase.
"It looked like a pistol, a box and some papers. I can try to scan it more carefully."
“Please do, and then we’ll cut it open.”

Flighty

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm

Doug accepts the handshake with direct eye contact and an equally firm grip, but not a challenge, "Okay, Sigrun, pleased to meet you."

"However, until I'm told differently by the Captain you're a civilian, er, I mean passenger, and I'm the Chief Engineer aboard this ship and Flighty is the Captain. He gives me orders. I give Bob orders. Sometimes, I'm nice to passengers and listen to their suggestions...sometimes."

Bob breaks in, "Chief, she makes a good point, though. It is a ticking time bomb, we probably should dump that box into jump space as soon as we get it out of the engine."

"Yeah, okay I agree with you both, but we ain't getting it out of there for another, what?, hour of work?" Doug nods then moves over to the comm, "But I'll call Flighty right now and get his okay to do that as soon as we do. That suit everybody?"

Doug taps the comm, "Captain, we'll have that box clear of the Jump Drive in about an hour. Sigrun, suggests we toss it out the aft air/lock into jump space. Bob and I agree that's a pretty good way of disposing of a bomb, but nobody back here is a demolitions expert, so it's just our best guesses. So, what are your orders?"

After Flighty replies with his orders...

“She’s one of us, now. I made the offer and she accepted. Ranks can be figured out once we know more and have time to talk. The bomb disposal plan sounds good, though there is a risk. Get it clear of the drives and work with Sigrun to get rid of it. No boom is better.”

Flighty

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 am“Please do, and then we’ll cut it open.”
"Will do," Zaki says. She turns to Donovan and bestows a grave look on him. "Will you behave if I leave you here for a few minutes?" A slight tic at the right corner of her mouth might be a suppressed smile.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 am
“She’s one of us, now. I made the offer and she accepted. Ranks can be figured out once we know more and have time to talk. The bomb disposal plan sounds good, though there is a risk. Get it clear of the drives and work with Sigrun to get rid of it. No boom is better.”
"Okay, will do." says Doug, "I'll splice in a power cable to extend it far enough out to go past the jump bubble into jump space. Then Sigrun can EVA it out the aft airlock and give it a good hard toss. Even if it does go boom, it'll go boom beyond the bubble and I've never heard tell of anything crossing that."
Sigrún's lips fully draw back from her teeth in a joyous feral grin as she answers "Korvettenkapitän Sigrún Völsung, Third Auxiliary Raiding Squadron, Sacnoth Fleet, Sword Worlds Navy".

Doug looks over at Sigrun then continues to Flighty, "Did you hear that? Sounds like its Captain Sigrún Völsung of the Swordy Navy. Seems like she's getting her memory back."

Doug glances back at Sigrun, "I am glad your memory is coming back. I would hate it if I forgot myself."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 am
terrymixon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 am“Please do, and then we’ll cut it open.”
"Will do," Zaki says. She turns to Donovan and bestows a grave look on him. "Will you behave if I leave you here for a few minutes?" A slight tic at the right corner of her mouth might be a suppressed smile.
OOC: The briefcase is sitting on a table near the Autodoc where you were scanning it before the emergency in the cargo hold. You won't have to leave Sickbay to continue with the scans or opening it.

Zaki continues with the scans. It looks exactly what it looked like before. What it looks like is a pistol shaped object, a small flat box (roughly 8 cm wide, 20 cm long, and about 4 cm thick), and a folder of papers.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#156 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 am
Donovan shook his head and made a face at Zaki. "I may turn into a werewolf or some kind of psionic monster. You never can tell…"
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm Doug looks over at Sigrun then continues to Flighty, "Did you hear that? Sounds like its Captain Sigrún Völsung of the Swordy Navy. Seems like she's getting her memory back."

Doug glances back at Sigrun, "I am glad your memory is coming back. I would hate it if I forgot myself."
Sigrún replies "Þakka fyrir - thank you. I think my head is clearing and some things are coming back to me - but, at least for now, I can be useful. Chief, please direct me to the EVA store and I will suit up so we can be rid of this bomb".

If Doug or Bob obliges with directions she'll find herself a vacc suit, a safety tether and prep for EVA. If she can find herself a standard snub pistol and some light line she'll be happy (a sub caliber bolt she'll scrounge from Engineering).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 pmDonovan shook his head and made a face at Zaki. "I may turn into a werewolf or some kind of psionic monster. You never can tell…"
Zaki keeps a mostly straight face, but that tic is working overtime. "I have a spatula in the galley, and I'm not afraid to use it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#159 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 am
helvorn wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 pmDonovan shook his head and made a face at Zaki. "I may turn into a werewolf or some kind of psionic monster. You never can tell…"
Zaki keeps a mostly straight face, but that tic is working overtime. "I have a spatula in the galley, and I'm not afraid to use it."
Donovan couldn't help but wink. "A spatula will be perfect to use the flip you over when we finish half of your hot oil massage."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:32 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm Doug looks over at Sigrun then continues to Flighty, "Did you hear that? Sounds like its Captain Sigrún Völsung of the Swordy Navy. Seems like she's getting her memory back."

Sigrún replies "Þakka fyrir - thank you. I think my head is clearing and some things are coming back to me - but, at least for now, I can be useful. Chief, please direct me to the EVA store and I will suit up so we can be rid of this bomb".

If Doug or Bob obliges with directions she'll find herself a vacc suit, a safety tether and prep for EVA. If she can find herself a standard snub pistol and some light line she'll be happy (a sub caliber bolt she'll scrounge from Engineering).
There are vacc suits in both Engineering near the air/lock and back near the main air/lock to the ship. Sigrun has never made it that far forward though. The furthest forward she's been is Sickbay, crew quarters passenger spaces and the bridge are forward of there. As for a snub pistol, if there are any aboard, they would/should be locked away in the Ship's Locker. She'll need to speak to Flighty about acquiring a snub pistol, and in fact he will probably want to lock away *all* the weapons for now. Right now, it's neither necessary nor safe to have multiple people running around with firearms, all over the ship!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”