0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

helvorn
Scout
Scout

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#81 Post by helvorn »

Donovan finally looks down at his hand and pales. Still he looks up at Sigrun and shakes his head. "Don't do anything crazy with the artifact. We may still need it to get us out of the eye of whoever sent us here. If nothing else we can keep it outside of the ship or in a remote section so we are not affected by it."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 am Donovan finally looks down at his hand and pales. Still he looks up at Sigrun and shakes his head. "Don't do anything crazy with the artifact. We may still need it to get us out of the eye of whoever sent us here. If nothing else we can keep it outside of the ship or in a remote section so we are not affected by it."
Sigrún replies "The "crazy" is being in possession of the thing. It is called Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum. It doesn't give gifts it makes slaves - it breaks and twists people". She again eyes Donovan and states levelly "People with an interest in such a thing are very dangerous to deal with".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:15 am
helvorn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 am Donovan finally looks down at his hand and pales. Still he looks up at Sigrun and shakes his head. "Don't do anything crazy with the artifact. We may still need it to get us out of the eye of whoever sent us here. If nothing else we can keep it outside of the ship or in a remote section so we are not affected by it."
Sigrún replies "The "crazy" is being in possession of the thing. It is called Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum. It doesn't give gifts it makes slaves - it breaks and twists people". She again eyes Donovan and states levelly "People with an interest in such a thing are very dangerous to deal with".
Zaki points to the autodoc. "Donovan, please get in so I can start your treatment." She talks as she works. "We have to deliver that artifact if we want to keep this ship. Of course, the idea that it's worth that much to someone concerns me."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#84 Post by helvorn »

Donovan met Sigrun's eyes without flinching. "Crazy or not we are dealing with not only a powerful artifact but as Zaki says powerful people that want it. Unless it is an immediate danger and we are prepared to flee we need to preserve our ability to negotiate with our crazy patrons that what this item. I'm saying we need to secure it and then think about our next actions. Besides, destroying the thing may be dangerous in and of itself. I think we have the opportunity to look before we leap." He rose and headed over to the auto doc. "I trust you and Zaki and the rest of the crew to make the right decision. For now it seems I have to sleep a bit."
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 pm Zaki ... talks as she works. "We have to deliver that artifact if we want to keep this ship. Of course, the idea that it's worth that much to someone concerns me."
helvorn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 pm Donovan met Sigrun's eyes without flinching. "Crazy or not we are dealing with not only a powerful artifact but as Zaki says powerful people that want it. Unless it is an immediate danger and we are prepared to flee we need to preserve our ability to negotiate with our crazy patrons that what this item. I'm saying we need to secure it and then think about our next actions. Besides, destroying the thing may be dangerous in and of itself. I think we have the opportunity to look before we leap." He rose and headed over to the auto doc. "I trust you and Zaki and the rest of the crew to make the right decision. For now it seems I have to sleep a bit."
Sigrún cautions Donovan "Stay awake for your healing, keep your weapon to hand and protect Zaki until this is done. You have all just seen galdr firsthand but I'm sure that none of you can appreciate the danger of seiðr". She stops, leans both her off hand and head tiredly on the med bay doorframe and deliberately inhales "It seems the dragon's dreams have undone some magic and strengthened me against the talisman but while I don't think I could destroy it I yet fear what it may do to me. I already owe you all a life and so, if I retain the choice, I'll not enter the afterlife doubly burdened. Skalds often sing of the joy of realizing your potential... on this occasion that's just not what I'd like to achieve...".

Sigrún returns to aid Karcsi and Flighty.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 am
Sigrún cautions Donovan "Stay awake for your healing, keep your weapon to hand and protect Zaki until this is done. You have all just seen galdr firsthand but I'm sure that none of you can appreciate the danger of seiðr". She stops, leans both her off hand and head tiredly on the med bay doorframe and deliberately inhales "It seems the dragon's dreams have undone some magic and strengthened me against the talisman but while I don't think I could destroy it I yet fear what it may do to me. I already owe you all a life and so, if I retain the choice, I'll not enter the afterlife doubly burdened. Skalds often sing of the joy of realizing your potential... on this occasion that's just not what I'd like to achieve...".
Zaki looks after Sigrun for a moment, and then she turns to Donovan. "I can let you stay awake, but it's not a comfortable process."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#87 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:37 am

Zaki looks after Sigrun for a moment, and then she turns to Donovan. "I can let you stay awake, but it's not a comfortable process."
Donovan looks back at Zaki as Sigrun leaves. "Painful or not I think I would rather stay awake. There is too much going on right now. Even with this hand injury." He sighed and bit back the pain that was starting to throb. "Zaki, do you think the artifact may have affected you as well?"

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Eris »

Flighty collects the things he thinks he's going to need: a cutting torch, heavy gloves, rope and plasma welder for closing everything back up when he is done. This takes only a few minutes and takes Flighty into Engineering where Bob and Doug are looking after the engines. Bob helps Flighty gather and carry the gear back into the Cargo Bay.

Karcsi holds the rope while Bob ties it around Flighty waist saying as he does so, "Skipper, what do you expect to find out by taking that thing back out of the box? Are you sure you don't want to just leave that thing alone and turn it over to the folks that wanted us to collect it?"

At this point, Sigrun walks back into the Cargo Bay and sees the setup. Karsci is holding a rope tied around Flighty waist while he begins to cut melted metal on the shipping container's latch. A crewman Sigrun hasn't met yet is standing off to one side rubbing his chin with a worried expression on his face.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by Eris »

helvorn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm
joertexas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:37 am

Donovan looks back at Zaki as Sigrun leaves. "Painful or not I think I would rather stay awake. There is too much going on right now. Even with this hand injury." He sighed and bit back the pain that was starting to throb. "Zaki, do you think the artifact may have affected you as well?"
Zaki is more than a little surprised that Donovan isn't in a lot more pain than he seems to be showing. This is a very, very, nasty burn! It's going to take a two hour session now and another hour a day for the next four days to completely heal Donovan's hand. It might take longer if he is a slow healer, but there's no way to know that until Zaki has some data on him.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm Flighty collects the things he thinks he's going to need: a cutting torch, heavy gloves, rope and plasma welder for closing everything back up when he is done. This takes only a few minutes and takes Flighty into Engineering where Bob and Doug are looking after the engines. Bob helps Flighty gather and carry the gear back into the Cargo Bay.

Karcsi holds the rope while Bob ties it around Flighty waist saying as he does so, "Skipper, what do you expect to find out by taking that thing back out of the box? Are you sure you don't want to just leave that thing alone and turn it over to the folks that wanted us to collect it?"

At this point, Sigrun walks back into the Cargo Bay and sees the setup. Karsci is holding a rope tied around Flighty waist while he begins to cut melted metal on the shipping container's latch. A crewman Sigrun hasn't met yet is standing off to one side rubbing his chin with a worried expression on his face.
“It’s messing with the crew. We need to know more about it, but we can’t research it without at least having pictures. Is it dangerous? Obviously. Still, it’s a risk I’m willing to take for all of you. As to what we do, that depends on what we find out.”

He’ll get to it with fingers crossed and a murmured prayer to the gods of luck.

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm At this point, Sigrun walks back into the Cargo Bay and sees the setup. Karsci is holding a rope tied around Flighty waist while he begins to cut melted metal on the shipping container's latch. A crewman Sigrun hasn't met yet is standing off to one side rubbing his chin with a worried expression on his face.
“It’s messing with the crew. We need to know more about it, but we can’t research it without at least having pictures. Is it dangerous? Obviously. Still, it’s a risk I’m willing to take for all of you. As to what we do, that depends on what we find out.”
terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:03 pm
Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm Then she smiles "Your last words held wisdom Kapiten Flighty" then she extends her smile into a vulpine grin that shows her teeth "but Fate is inexorable".
"I'll try to keep my Imperial to a minimum," he said with a smile. "And no one here will even think about doing something to him. It will be our little secret. Let me know what you find if I need to know."

Sigrún nods at the "new" (to her) crewman and moves close to speak to Flighty shielding her eyes from the glare of the ignited plasma torch. "Foringi Flighty, you are a brave man to risk death on behalf of your crew. It is the honourable thing to do but you do not know what you are risking. If you are afflicted by the talisman death would be seen as a kindness but I believe that insanity is not your fate. Earlier you spoke wisdom to me so I ask you to be wise now. Seal the container - close up the crack with your torch and learn more of what is within before you expose yourself or any more of the crew to harm. We are in jump and surely have time and reason to be cautious, nei?"

"With your earlier wisdom you also offered me a secret and so I'll share some with you if you want to understand the talisman. The first is that you can't tell if you are being manipulated by seiðr... I have... learned this. So seal the container and prove that you are not - there are things that you need to know".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pmDonovan looks back at Zaki as Sigrun leaves. "Painful or not I think I would rather stay awake. There is too much going on right now. Even with this hand injury." He sighed and bit back the pain that was starting to throb. "Zaki, do you think the artifact may have affected you as well?"
Zaki is more than a little surprised that Donovan isn't in a lot more pain than he seems to be showing. This is a very, very, nasty burn! It's going to take a two hour session now and another hour a day for the next four days to completely heal Donovan's hand. It might take longer if he is a slow healer, but there's no way to know that until Zaki has some data on him.
"I don't think so," the medic replies. "I was able to handle the air raft pretty well, so maybe it's enhancing my skills?" She points to the autodoc. "You will need a couple of hours today, and then I will examine you to see what your treatment plan will be moving forward."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am
terrymixon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm At this point, Sigrun walks back into the Cargo Bay and sees the setup. Karsci is holding a rope tied around Flighty waist while he begins to cut melted metal on the shipping container's latch. A crewman Sigrun hasn't met yet is standing off to one side rubbing his chin with a worried expression on his face.
terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:03 pm
Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm Then she smiles "Your last words held wisdom Kapiten Flighty" then she extends her smile into a vulpine grin that shows her teeth "but Fate is inexorable".
"I'll try to keep my Imperial to a minimum," he said with a smile. "And no one here will even think about doing something to him. It will be our little secret. Let me know what you find if I need to know."

Sigrún nods at the "new" (to her) crewman and moves close to speak to Flighty shielding her eyes from the glare of the ignited plasma torch. "Foringi Flighty, you are a brave man to risk death on behalf of your crew. It is the honourable thing to do but you do not know what you are risking. If you are afflicted by the talisman death would be seen as a kindness but I believe that insanity is not your fate. Earlier you spoke wisdom to me so I ask you to be wise now. Seal the container - close up the crack with your torch and learn more of what is within before you expose yourself or any more of the crew to harm. We are in jump and surely have time and reason to be cautious, nei?"

"With your earlier wisdom you also offered me a secret and so I'll share some with you if you want to understand the talisman. The first is that you can't tell if you are being manipulated by seiðr... I have... learned this. So seal the container and prove that you are not - there are things that you need to know".
“I know what it felt like to be manipulated,” he said as he continued to cut. “I’m not being tricked into doing this. I know this is risky, but forgive me but your memory is not what it could be and we need to see what it is. I’ve been exposed and had little effect. Perhaps that will change, but I won’t flinch to do what I have to for my people.”

Once he has cut through, he’ll kill the torch and set it to the side. “I won’t ask you to risk yourself. I’ll take pictures as quickly as I can and if something happens, the rope will let you pull be to safety. It’s already done something to three of you and while curiosity is part of what drives me, so it your safely. Guard my back and pull me clear if I fall in this battle, but let me fight this thing and reveal its secrets. Idiot that I may be.”

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 am “I know what it felt like to be manipulated,” he said as he continued to cut. “I’m not being tricked into doing this. I know this is risky, but forgive me but your memory is not what it could be and we need to see what it is. I’ve been exposed and had little effect. Perhaps that will change, but I won’t flinch to do what I have to for my people.”

Once he has cut through, he’ll kill the torch and set it to the side. “I won’t ask you to risk yourself. I’ll take pictures as quickly as I can and if something happens, the rope will let you pull be to safety. It’s already done something to three of you and while curiosity is part of what drives me, so it your safely. Guard my back and pull me clear if I fall in this battle, but let me fight this thing and reveal its secrets. Idiot that I may be.”
Sigrún gives an exasperated sigh "I know its secrets and no doubt it knows mine - likely better than I do. I can't explain how but I know what it is and so will anyone interested in it - without the need of an image reference! If you really feel you need one then Donovan and I have seen it so we can make an image between us. You saw the wound it gave him - like a radiation burn. Talking of which you going in there is like responding to a radiation alarm by putting your head in the reactor core!" She hastily adds a diplomatic "Kapiten" but clearly shares common ground with the concerned crewman.

Trying a different tack she says "Flighty I don't know if you have got to reasoning out this part yet but we are transporting the talisman in the wrong direction. It originated somewhere Spinward and Coreward of here and we are taking it Trailing. The Consulate are going to want it back!"

Recognising his determination and says "Your course is set Skippare and you won't budge from the steering oar" she laughs "Just the man to hold an airlock with!" Then she mutters "Fate. In my vision he lives". Now apparently changing her mind she says "Watch over me" to Karcsi and leaving the big man on the safety rope goes to the container with Flighty. Before he opens it she hands him an autopistol (that he was unaware that she owned!) "Here, before we start take this. If the talisman takes me and you don't use it I fear I might kill you all".

NB EDITED!

Some people can't leave anything alone... constantly fiddling... :roll: :D
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am
terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 am “I know what it felt like to be manipulated,” he said as he continued to cut. “I’m not being tricked into doing this. I know this is risky, but forgive me but your memory is not what it could be and we need to see what it is. I’ve been exposed and had little effect. Perhaps that will change, but I won’t flinch to do what I have to for my people.”

Sigrún gives an exasperated sigh "I know its secrets and no doubt it knows mine - likely better than I do. I can't explain how but I know what it is and so will anyone interested in it - without the need of an image reference! If you really feel you need one then Donovan and I have seen it so we can make an image between us. You saw the wound it gave him - like a radiation burn. Talking of which you going in there is like responding to a radiation alarm by putting your head in the reactor core!" She hastily adds a diplomatic "Kapiten" but clearly shares common ground with the concerned crewman.

Trying a different tack she says "Flighty I don't know if you have got to reasoning out this part yet but we are transporting the talisman in the wrong direction. It originated somewhere Spinward and Coreward of here and we are taking it Trailing. The Consulate are going to want it back!"

Recognising his determination and says "Your course is set Skippare and you won't budge from the steering oar" she laughs "Just the man to hold an airlock with!" Then she mutters "Fate. In my vision he lives". Now apparently changing her mind she says "Watch me" to Karcsi and leaving him on the safety rope goes to the container with Flighty. Before he starts she hands him an autopistol (that he was unaware that she owned!) "Here, before we start take this. If the talisman takes me and you don't use it I fear I might kill you all".

NB EDITED!
"I don't fear you and I don't need a gun. We'll weather this storm together and come out the other side. You shouldn't risk yourself but I'd be a hypocrite to tell you what to do. Together, then. You take the pictures while I use these gloves to move it."

Flighty hands her the camera and pockets the pistol. He's focused and wants to get this over quickly. See earlier post for how he does it.

Fingers crossed, big bucks - no whammies, and any other player prayer that goddess of luck shines on them and the dice are generous.

Flighty

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am NB EDITED!

Yep. On a related note, I know Flighty is taking a risk, but he feels he has to and the player wants to have some interesting things to roleplay with the rest of the crew. Here's to hoping he doesn't become a zombie or a human torch. ;)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Yep. On a related note, I know Flighty is taking a risk, but he feels he has to and the player wants to have some interesting things to roleplay with the rest of the crew. Here's to hoping he doesn't become a zombie or a human torch. ;)
Of course, absolutely no critique intended or inferred above. The OOC and eye roll was a self mocking commentary on my apparently incurable urge to edit. :oops: :) FWIW/showing my working I hoped that I'd interpreted your above intent correctly (which I think I did) and (under the guise of trying to talk Flighty out of it) used the scene to do a bit more Sigrun exposition. Lawks, she'll exposition all over anyone who stands still long enough! ;) :) I also took the opportunity to give Flighty some more back up - with a hopefully better "Psi save"(?) Sigrun and the talisman are old bunk mates so what could go wrong...?!? A week in jump - so many manias and phobias to explore! :SAN: :lol:

Fingers crossed for the container crew! ;) :)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm
terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Of course, absolutely no critique intended or inferred above. The OOC and eye roll was a self mocking commentary on my apparently incurable urge to edit. :oops: :) FWIW/showing my working I hoped that I'd interpreted your above intent correctly (which I think I did) and (under the guise of trying to talk Flighty out of it) used the scene to do a bit more Sigrun exposition. Lawks, she'll exposition all over anyone who stands still long enough! ;) :) I also took the opportunity to give Flighty some more back up - with a hopefully better "Psi save"(?) Sigrun and the talisman are old bunk mates so what could go wrong...?!? A week in jump - so many manias and phobias to explore! :SAN: :lol:

Fingers crossed for the container crew! ;) :)
No critique taken. We're just roleplaying and making the magic happen. Perhaps literally.

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#99 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pmDonovan looks back at Zaki as Sigrun leaves. "Painful or not I think I would rather stay awake. There is too much going on right now. Even with this hand injury." He sighed and bit back the pain that was starting to throb. "Zaki, do you think the artifact may have affected you as well?"
"I don't think so," the medic replies. "I was able to handle the air raft pretty well, so maybe it's enhancing my skills?" She points to the autodoc. "You will need a couple of hours today, and then I will examine you to see what your treatment plan will be moving forward."
Donovan looked down again at his hand and winced. "I think the sooner we start the healing process the better. It may be shock or whatever but this thing is starting to hurt like hell." He climbs into the auto doc. As he does he looks up and meets Zaki's eyes. "It quite possibly gave you some flying ability. Apparently I can sense the feeling of danger and somehow weld the things shut with my hands."

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am
Donovan looked down again at his hand and winced. "I think the sooner we start the healing process the better. It may be shock or whatever but this thing is starting to hurt like hell." He climbs into the auto doc. As he does he looks up and meets Zaki's eyes. "It quite possibly gave you some flying ability. Apparently I can sense the feeling of danger and somehow weld the things shut with my hands."
We could be the Traveller X-Men. ;)

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”