The Adventure begins

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

The Adventure begins

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

The party, who coin purses are filled and three very important bottles of the healing tonic in the groups baggage, finally reach Arnhaven. The Inn is quiet, and the warm food, good ale, and bath to drown the fleas is welcome break from the road. In the morning you find Nailor Gladiolus. He is easy enough to find, his tower house is on the north of the city, and with the letters you are allowed in. the Main party meets other people waiting, and soon all of you are called into a room.

Nailor is sitting by a fire, Dressed in green, in fact, you get the sense he generally likes green, as much of the decor of the room is of the same shade of green. It is almost like he is sleeping, but he wakes up and uncoils himself from the chair, and stands up and looks over the group.

Good you arrived, and I heard of your good work with the old temple, having those healing will help the empire greatly, and I hope you where properly enriched.

He pulls back his robe, and shows off a ring.

This ring shows that I am a minor Noble, don't hold that as me being a useless landowner, I work for my gold, and I have a chance for you to earn more gold then you ever dreamed of for service in the empire. you have been selected by the oracles for this chance, they say you have a chance for doing great deeds, however oddly, it appears the oracles said one of was a elf, but appears to be a dwarf. Dang paperwork...

He gets back on track

"What I have to offer is a commission. The empire is always in need of good men and woman who will fight the shadows that lurk around the corner, it is no secret that the darkness is rising, and the Empire has a special orginization, sometimes called the Dragon claw, to root out the darkness and whip it out. It is not safe work, many of the Claw's agents die each year, but those who live are well rewarded, with gold, lands, and other things they may desire. I know, I am one of them. Now, I know you do not know much about it, this is all i can tell you, and you can walk away with no foul, and the empire will think no less of you, however those who will stay, I can answer you questions.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Adventure begins

#2 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote: ... however oddly, it appears the oracles said one of was a elf, but appears to be a dwarf...
Speaking from someone who uses Oracle's Financial Apps daily, this doesnt surprise me...

Distorted Humor wrote: "What I have to offer is a commission. The empire is always in need of good men and woman who will fight the shadows that lurk around the corner, it is no secret that the darkness is rising, and the Empire has a special orginization, sometimes called the Dragon claw, to root out the darkness and whip it out. It is not safe work, many of the Claw's agents die each year, but those who live are well rewarded, with gold, lands, and other things they may desire. I know, I am one of them. Now, I know you do not know much about it, this is all i can tell you, and you can walk away with no foul, and the empire will think no less of you, however those who will stay, I can answer you questions.
Felgorian nods his acceptacnce. Aye. I am willing. I came to seek adventure. But after seeing the suffering earlier, and then the joy caused by our deeds, well, I wouldnt have a soul not to want to continue spreading that joy.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Felgorian nods his acceptacnce. "Aye. I am willing. I came to seek adventure. But after seeing the suffering earlier, and then the joy caused by our deeds, well, I wouldnt have a soul not to want to continue spreading that joy."
Ceric stands proudly, placing a hand on the shoulder of Felgorian, his new dwarven companion. "I will stand with you," he says matter-of-factly.

He turns his gaze to Nailor, nodding his affirmation. "My sword is now pledged to the Dragon Claw. How may I be of service?"
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Vargr1105 »

"if the money is good, my axes will cleave the knees of your enemies." says Coenbeorht.

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred nods, I wish to help all those in Aman's name and spread his light to the darkest corners of this world.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by max_vale »

Beya; a bit more cautious than her companions; asks Nailor; "While I'm certainly willing to go out on adventures and help out the unfortunate; who exactly is running this 'Dragon Claw' Organization and what manner of help can they provide?" The child of merchant sailors; she can't help but want to bargain a little and in particular; she's hoping to hear of access to scrolls and/or experienced Mages who can teach her more incantations....

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

max_vale wrote:Beya; a bit more cautious than her companions; asks Nailor; "While I'm certainly willing to go out on adventures and help out the unfortunate; who exactly is running this 'Dragon Claw' Organization and what manner of help can they provide?" The child of merchant sailors; she can't help but want to bargain a little and in particular; she's hoping to hear of access to scrolls and/or experienced Mages who can teach her more incantations....
"Ahhh, they said that you where wise, as you should be. And good that you ask this question. You will be working for me, but" (Showing his ring) "This shows that I am speaker for the Dragon Emperor himself. Just as he is just in his punishments, he is Just in his rewards to those who show him that they are Loyal to him. I am most glad that you are willing to think of working for us, Some of you may have sensed it, but the Darkness is rising, and evil is growing like mold in the dark, dank places of the world, and the claw reaches out, and tears open the curtins and brings light and hope and order to these places. "

He pauses, and smiles. "Of course, you may have some questions of me, that is only logical. After you have finished your questions, I have some work for those who have a strong back and sharp minds.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian takes a while to come up with a question or two, but then starts blurting them out...
How long is this commission for? Where would we be going? What kind of dangers are already known?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Beya decided that perhaps being blunt; though polite; was the way to go. "Okay; would it be acceptable to ask for some instruction from a Wizard aligned with the Dragon's Claw in learning some new incantations so that I may be better prepared to successfully complete any quests we go on?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Distorted Humor »

The questions fly out from the members, and he listens, then responds.

As for magical information, not only do we offer access to the Mage guild and its store of magic, but we have many wizards who work for us, and rewards can include access to the royal library. One of our agents even got access to the scrolls of Ti' Ti, she went blind after reading them, but said it was quite worth it. Crazy mage she is. I may be able to scrounge up something for you before you travel.

As for our Dwarf of many questions, the Commission is for as long as it is both agreed upon. Later, if you show great work and loyal to the Empire, you may be offered a chance to take a blood oath for life. However we would not expect you to agree to that that now, nor would we offer till you show your worth.

As for where you would be going, it depends on the mission, and as for what do we know about the enemy, the sages still debate, and the there are...stored memories of long ago that the royal family have access to. We are still not totally clear on the true nature of the threat we face, but we know this. The empire has kept the Royal peace and allowed men, elves, and dwarves, and even the little folk to live in a just order. For the last 20 years something has been trying to sow troubles, organizing the orcs and trolls, breeding them in numbers we have not seen in many years, and other, more foul evil is risings all the time. The Dragon claw both wants to stop this, but reinforce the good and order of the world. In fact, we have sent priests to rebuild the temple that you helped clear. that is just one of the small moves that will help the empire put the evil back in the dark damp places.

Is there any further questions, or shall you want to know what we desire of you to do next for us.

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred speaks, "It seems that if something is not done quickly, then all of that which Aman can see will grave danger. What would our first quest be?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian got the vague answers he expected, though not what he was exactly hoping. They never tell of all the dangers they know. Folks wouldnt sign up then, would they?

It really doesnt matter. He replies. "Aye. As long as there is safe place for my kind in this kingdom, I will gladly serve my share of time in keeping it that way. Oh, These magical men in your employ? Do they know how to umm, adjust certain blades of steel to make them...say... more useful against these dangers?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Is there any further questions, or shall you want to know what we desire of you to do next for us.
Ceric has no questions; he simply stands at attention and awaits word of his task.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

Sorry for the delay, I been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get stuff ready to move, as i will be moving 1100 miles for my Job.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nailor smiles. "Good, no more questions... We have two missions that need dealing with. One is rather basic, there is a old Priory, the Priory of St. Analuska, about a week away from here. We could use some men and woman of your skills to clear it out. Of course, any treasure you would find would be yours, and what we are looking for is the Locket of St. Analuska, which they say should be located in the tunnel complex under the Priory. We would pay 1,000 gold for the locket, and there is other treasures to be had. Its been mostly untouched since we only recently routed some orc-types from the woods that surrounded the Priory.

The other mission is of a more odder nature, we have a... magical device of sorts, it is a long story to explain, except that it can give sage advise, even if we don't know all the reasons. And it recommended that we send a team to investigate the going on of a hold-fast to the north. If you feel that you would rather stay above ground, I would gladly send you to their, and we will pay you 100 gold, plus future rewards if you find out the reasons why it recommended us to send agents.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Sorry for the delay, I been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get stuff ready to move, as i will be moving 1100 miles for my Job.
Congratulations again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distorted Humor wrote:
We could use some men and woman of your skills to clear it out.
Ceric steps forward. "This priory expedition. When does it depart?" he asks. "I'm in, regardless."
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote: One is rather basic, there is a old Priory, the Priory of St. Analuska, about a week away from here. We could use some men and woman of your skills to clear it out. Of course, any treasure you would find would be yours, and what we are looking for is the Locket of St. Analuska, which they say should be located in the tunnel complex under the Priory. We would pay 1,000 gold for the locket, and there is other treasures to be had. Its been mostly untouched since we only recently routed some orc-types from the woods that surrounded the Priory.

The other mission is of a more odder nature, we have a... magical device of sorts, it is a long story to explain, except that it can give sage advise, even if we don't know all the reasons. And it recommended that we send a team to investigate the going on of a hold-fast to the north. .

Felgorian compares 1000 to 100, and quickly comes up with his answer. I think which ever one you believe the most urgent, but the locket retrieval sounds more suited for my skills.

Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Bouv »

Brother Meldred speaks up enthusicastically, Cleaning out the priory should be our first job!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by max_vale »

Beya attempts to minimize the light of greed that surely must be in her eyes upon hearing the words 'You may keep any treasure you find'; and adds to her companions words with; "Indeed; I believe recovering this Locket sounds like a task suited for our band."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Vargr1105 »

"I guess the party's moot has decided. The priory it is, then." says Coenbeorht.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Distorted Humor »

Good, then it is agreed then! We will send you to find the locket, and as for the other mission, we will send a small group who skills better match the skill set needed.

I think you should start at once, as word has quickly spread, and there might be other treasure hunting types prepping their way to the treasures rumored to be in this forest.

--------------------------

Note: I will be creating a new thread for the Priory, and one thing I have learned with Play by Post, is that it is best to keep the game moving. So In the thread you will be just arriving at the Priory, and if you want to buy any supplies before you go, buy them by say, Wednesday. As a note - Wednesday and Thursday I may not be able to post since I will be cleaning out my place in prepping for moving.

Return to “Empire of the Dragon Throne [BECMI/RC]”