recent events

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

recent events

#1 Post by wolfpack »

1) About 6 months ago there was an attempt to kidnap Harold by humaoids. It was discovered that the former resident Istan was involved and he was arrested. In the process a party of adventurers discovered the humanoids Istan was working with in an ancient abandoned mine. They cleared the mine out and discovered a large beast that seemed to be the reason the mine was closed to begin with.

After the best was killed a wealthy merchant (winston willrock) from up north arrived and bought rights to the mine from the local land owners. It was discovered the mine still held valuable ore, and as a result of the mine being reopened there has been a boom in rashtan. There has been an influx of people and coin. many businesses have sprung up quickly and new people are in town. The price of the local crops has increased and farmers are making more money becuase of less travel needed to sell crops, this is off set by higher all around prices.

2) After istan was arrested he managed to escape. The group of adventurers that discovered his plot in the first place tracked him down and captured him again. he currently is in prison with a life sentence (he avoided death by giving up all of the information he knew of the humanoids)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: recent events

#2 Post by wolfpack »

fallout

over the first few days of training you all hear the following

the reason the sheriff and the mayor were arguing is because the mayor sent word to the military about the strange humanoids and the undead thye seem to control. a military contingent has been dispatched and should arrive during the week. sheriff talon feels his authority was been taken away and did not want the military involved.

Word of what you found spreads quickly from the church, Sheriff talon brigs you all in and questions you about the details. There is a big uproar as Cilians family acuses the Endler family of being involved since it is on their property, a lot of accusations fly back and forth and bad blood between the families gets worse.

After a week the military shows up, it is a squad of 10 men 5 with shield, spear and dagger and 5 with light crossbow and hand axe. all 10 wear leather armor. They are led by an young officer in chain mail and a middle aged sergebt in scale mail. also with them is a robed man with a thin mustache and shaved head, he seems to be one of the kingdoms war wizards.

the day after they arrive the young officer summons you (everyone but scy and cil who are not in town). he has you lead him to the tunel you found and you wait outside as he and severla of his men explore it.

this is all at the end of week one. rashtan is really starting to bustle now as everyone is showing up for the celebration in one week. Both inns are full and some people are making money renting out rooms in their home. some merchants sleep in there wagong along the maon road and in the town square. the officer and his men have taken over town hall and are buning there.

Teramis
Tracker
Tracker

#3 Post by Teramis »

What are these military guys like? Nice? Arrogant? Standoffish or friendly?
I'm wondering if Hanna can strike up any useful 'fellow fighter' conversations with any of them and learn anything of interest.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

Teramis wrote:What are these military guys like? Nice? Arrogant? Standoffish or friendly?
I'm wondering if Hanna can strike up any useful 'fellow fighter' conversations with any of them and learn anything of interest.
The luetinent seems very arrogant as you would imagine someone with a noble title would be. The seargent is stanoffish, the other footmen seem normal enough.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

Notices are being put up around town. The military is offering a reward for any solid information on the recent goings on about the obelisks and detah mongers and their purpose.

Return to “Aroth”