Amondiage Day 2

Hvalreki
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Amondiage Day 2

#21 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm On their way to the ships, Ty will stop in at the bank branches. He’ll present his bank card from the Filentred bank and ask where in the Island Cluster he can use the card to access his funds and where he cannot. He’ll also inquire about opening an account on Amondiage and where those funds would be available and not.

On his way out, we’ll withdraw 400 credits “Walking around cash” from his Amondiage card
Funds transfer would take appx 6-8 weeks from Filintred. Includes the message out and transfer back. The banks on Amonidage are happy to accept Imperial notes. No problems accessing funds on Amondiage and Acadie and other local worlds.

Amondiage has unfriendly relations with Esperanza, Joyeuse, Neubayern and New Colchis could make banking problematic on those worlds and their subject planets.

Sansterre and Serendip Belt have chilly but open relations with Amondiage.

New Home actively trades with all parties.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm
Ok then.

Streetwise: [2d6+1]=3+1=4, [2d6+1]=8+1=9, [2d6+1]=6+1=7,

JOT Bribery (he’s seen others do it before):

JOT Bribery: [2d6]=9, [2d6]=7, [2d6]=11, [2d6]=11

He’ll look for crewmembers working on their ships, handling cargo, coming or going, or just lounging.

He’ll approach them and explain they are looking for some friends who departed as passengers on The Perfect Stranger a few months ago. The ship was Acadie bound when they parted ways, and he will describe the PS. Trying to find friends by locating the ship to see where they deplaned. If the crewmen seem to know something and are looking for something, Ty will offer 25cr then sweeten it to 50. Willing to go higher, but most bribes are in the low 10s of credits…I think.
Piotr and Ty spend the morning walking the docks but ultimately strike out on any leads to the Perfect Stranger or her crew.
If any purchases need to be made there is time for that before they need to head for the starport to make their afternoon departure.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Thumper »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 am
Amondiage has unfriendly relations with Esperanza, Joyeuse, Neubayern and New Colchis could make banking problematic on those worlds and their subject planets.

Sansterre and Serendip Belt have chilly but open relations with Amondiage.

New Home actively trades with all parties.
Follow-up questions:
Does New Home have a branch at Amondiage Downport?

Do any systems NOT honor the Filentred bank card or Imp cash? (if all systems take Imp money via the Filentred bank card, then all is good for me and I won't pursue this line anymore). I'm only hashing out the banking system because you scared me into not taking all my cash with me into the Islands...and I might want to use it later. :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Thumper on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Eris »

OOC: I've never mentioned what Jako has done about his 68 kCr. He's banked 50 kCr with Hortalez et Cie long term, has a 10 kCr Personal Bank Card with H&C, as well as the 10 kCr one from H&C for this job, on him and the remaining 8 kCr is being carried as various gemstones used as filler and ballast in various pieces of his clothing and equipment...rip seams on clothing, open up boot soles, remove autopistol handle and you're likely to find gems in aspic.

He has no idea how well the gems will trade here, but there value should be comparable to what he paid for them back in Imperial Space...he thinks. He's been doing this throughout his Scout career and it's come in handy with locals more than once...shiny gems seem to be a universal draw for humans of all types.

As mentioned earlier, Jako wants to buy a vacc suit on the H&C dime here before we jump.

He also wants to drop by any place that sells weapons, legally, and see what they have in the way of personal laser weapons. He's not buying, but wants to see how common they are out here and if they are like the ones "back home"...tethered to big power packs with limited mobility and use.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Amondiage Day 2 TAS Cafe

#25 Post by Thumper »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:06 am Gabe, Ted and Jacko sip coffee and wait for the bartender's arrival.

A few minutes after 9 he walks in the door, looks around for a bit then lopes up to the table. Vargr already have a strange gait compared to humans but now that he's out from behind the bar you can see he wears metal braces on both legs.

"So, introductions yes? I am Dagh, funny? Legionnaires seemed to think so. It very common Vargr name."

The trio introduce themselves under their cover as employees of Hortalez et Cie on a recovery mission.

He orders from the waitress in flawless French and she brings him a shallow bowl of coffee which he holds in both paws and laps loudly.

"Business then yes?"

"I know of ship you seek. What's in it for me, eh?"
Maybe this was lost in a flurry of posts? Ted, Gabe, Jako??…

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:56 pm OOC: I've never mentioned what Jako has done about his 68 kCr. He's banked 50 kCr with Hortalez et Cie long term, has a 10 kCr Personal Bank Card with H&C, as well as the 10 kCr one from H&C for this job, on him and the remaining 8 kCr is being carried as various gemstones used as filler and ballast in various pieces of his clothing and equipment...rip seams on clothing, open up boot soles, remove autopistol handle and you're likely to find gems in aspic.

He has no idea how well the gems will trade here, but there value should be comparable to what he paid for them back in Imperial Space...he thinks. He's been doing this throughout his Scout career and it's come in handy with locals more than once...shiny gems seem to be a universal draw for humans of all types.

As mentioned earlier, Jako wants to buy a vacc suit on the H&C dime here before we jump.

He also wants to drop by any place that sells weapons, legally, and see what they have in the way of personal laser weapons. He's not buying, but wants to see how common they are out here and if they are like the ones "back home"...tethered to big power packs with limited mobility and use.
Don't get rolled :D !

Jacko has no problem purchasing a Vacc Suit. The purchase drains his account until next month.

TL12 Vacc Suit, 2kg Weight, Armor as Cloth, 6hrs Air Supply.

There are no projectile or energy weapons available for purchase on Amondiage for civilians. Short bladed weapons may be purchased but not carried openly.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by subaltari »

At the TAS Café
Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:06 am"So, introductions yes? I am Dagh, funny? Legionnaires seemed to think so. It very common Vargr name."
After being introduced, Gabe replies "Sound like yer buddies in the Legion liked you, and ya know, a sense of humor is a good ting to have in a foxhole..." He smiles wittily.

Gabe plays a bit with the fried tomato on his Full Amondiagan Breakfast while waiting for Jako or Ted to answer first. When they don't, he speaks up quietly.

"Ya want money? I'm curious if dat's the only reason you wanna help us, Dagh. Or you want somethin besides money? Passage offworld maybe? I tink we might could make that happen too," he now glances significantly at Ted and Jako.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Eris »

subaltari wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:23 pm At the TAS Café
Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:06 am"So, introductions yes? I am Dagh, funny? Legionnaires seemed to think so. It very common Vargr name."
After being introduced, Gabe replies "Sound like yer buddies in the Legion liked you, and ya know, a sense of humor is a good ting to have in a foxhole..." He smiles wittily.

Gabe plays a bit with the fried tomato on his Full Amondiagan Breakfast while waiting for Jako or Ted to answer first. When they don't, he speaks up quietly.

"Ya want money? I'm curious if dat's the only reason you wanna help us, Dagh. Or you want somethin besides money? Passage offworld maybe? I tink we might could make that happen too," he now glances significantly at Ted and Jako.
Jako thinks that the people that met Dagh in the bar should do the talking, but he'll have pulled a 50 credit note (or the equivalent) from his jacket pocket and placed it on the table with only a bit showing from under his palm.

"Ride offworld?" Jako raises his eyebrows and shrugs as he slides his hand completely over the note, "Only if he's willing to pull up stakes and join us within the next hour or two. Where we're going is probably going to be like jumping out of the fire into the frying pan, though. So, Dagh, you'd have to really want off this rock bad to join us."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

At the TAS Cafe

#29 Post by Hvalreki »

Jako thinks that the people that met Dagh in the bar should do the talking, but he'll have pulled a 50 credit note (or the equivalent) from his jacket pocket and placed it on the table with only a bit showing from under his palm.

"Ride offworld?" Jako raises his eyebrows and shrugs as he slides his hand completely over the note, "Only if he's willing to pull up stakes and join us within the next hour or two. Where we're going is probably going to be like jumping out of the fire into the frying pan, though. So, Dagh, you'd have to really want off this rock bad to join us."
Dagh's eyes sparkle as he responds,

"Offworld, eh? Dagh status complicated. Freedom of movement yes, freedom to leave Amondiage no. You got plan that ends without Dagh back in Arcone gulag?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by AleBelly »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:29 am
Thumper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm
Ok then.

Streetwise: [2d6+1]=3+1=4, [2d6+1]=8+1=9, [2d6+1]=6+1=7,

JOT Bribery (he’s seen others do it before):

JOT Bribery: [2d6]=9, [2d6]=7, [2d6]=11, [2d6]=11

He’ll look for crewmembers working on their ships, handling cargo, coming or going, or just lounging.

He’ll approach them and explain they are looking for some friends who departed as passengers on The Perfect Stranger a few months ago. The ship was Acadie bound when they parted ways, and he will describe the PS. Trying to find friends by locating the ship to see where they deplaned. If the crewmen seem to know something and are looking for something, Ty will offer 25cr then sweeten it to 50. Willing to go higher, but most bribes are in the low 10s of credits…I think.
Piotr and Ty spend the morning walking the docks but ultimately strike out on any leads to the Perfect Stranger or her crew.
If any purchases need to be made there is time for that before they need to head for the starport to make their afternoon departure.
Piotr: "Well, Ty, thank you for the company. It was always a long shot, but worth it I guess. I'll grab my duffel and meet you at the ship. Should be rather, ah, interesting."

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Thumper »

Ya, we tried. No tasty waves today.

I’ll go grab all my stuff too. Carry it over to the ganja ship. Hey, don’t let me get caught up in smokin the weed again. Makes me dull witted…

Most of my gear should probably just go in the cargo bin we’re allotted. Might be easiest if we just borrow a grav cart here at the port and float the cargo bin to the TAS. Load everybody’s stuff up, close up the bin there, then just float it all back to the starport and ship already loaded. Of course, don’t forget it will go through a customs scan on the way back, but with just one bin, I bet we can walk it through in no time.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 am Ya, we tried. No tasty waves today.

I’ll go grab all my stuff too. Carry it over to the ganja ship. Hey, don’t let me get caught up in smokin the weed again. Makes me dull witted…

Most of my gear should probably just go in the cargo bin we’re allotted. Might be easiest if we just borrow a grav cart here at the port and float the cargo bin to the TAS. Load everybody’s stuff up, close up the bin there, then just float it all back to the starport and ship already loaded. Of course, don’t forget it will go through a customs scan on the way back, but with just one bin, I bet we can walk it through in no time.
A bit of housekeeping - any equipment purchase made in the city before departure can be delivered free to the ship and customs cleared. You can always carry it yourself but I'm thinking the Vacc suit or other bulky stuff the supplier would be happy to arrange transport. That may not be true on some backwater worlds you're on Amondiage, Jewel of the Islands!
Last edited by Hvalreki on Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Hvalreki »

Hvalreki wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:05 am
Thumper wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 am Ya, we tried. No tasty waves today.

A bit of housekeeping - any equipment purchased in the city before departure can be delivered free to the ship and customs cleared. You can always carry it yourself but I'm thinking the Vacc suit or other bulky stuff the supplier would be happy to arrange transport. That may not be true on some backwater worlds, but you're on Amondiage, Jewel of the Islands!

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Thumper »

Cool. But Ty, being a sloucher, would seek the easiest way to transport his personal gear from TAS to the Starport…a grav sled with a cargo bin…

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Re: At the TAS Cafe

#35 Post by Hvalreki »

"Offworld, eh? Dagh status complicated. Freedom of movement yes, freedom to leave Amondiage no. You got plan that ends without Dagh back in Arcone gulag?"

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: At the TAS Cafe

#36 Post by Eris »

Hvalreki wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:04 pm

"You're not free to leave Amondiage? Legally?" Jako's hand slides completely over the 50 credit note, "We don't want you...or us...in an Arcone gulag. Don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound like somewhere I'd want to be."

Jako looks at the others at the table then says, "If we can help your situation in exchange for information we'll do it, but I don't think we are in a position to break any Amondiage laws doing it."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Thumper »

https://media1.tenor.com/m/0T3Vo6YZutYA ... -stare.gif

This breakfast table standoff takes so long that Ty and Piotr show back up after a couple hours striking out at the shipyard. 😂

Ty walks into the restaurant and says, Dudes, we like totally flunked out. But we brought a cargo bin down to load your stuff into. It’s time ya get goin’. It’s right outside the side door. Throw your bags in and we’ll float it back. Piotr here don’t want to be late for his first day on the job with the Divine Providence. Time to go!

And he leaves to check out of his room.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Hvalreki »

Dagh barks a laugh and slides the credit back to Jacko.

“I need you deliver message to Dagh friends on Acadie. In return I tell you what I know of ship, yes?

Find Barbosa, he runs startown bar like Dagh, Black Scorpion. Any trouble tell them Caporal-chef Dagh sent you, eh?

Message simple. Dagh say to pass the salt, eh? Very easy, no problem. He may even buy drinks, but probably no. Barbosa cheap bastard.”

He goes on to explain the Perfect Stranger is still on the landing pad at Acadie and has been for months. More than that he doesn’t know but insinuates Barbosa may.

“Dagh know he never find out if you visit Barbosa or no. If you come back to Amondiage come see me again.”

With that he slaps a paw on the table, laughs again in the Vargr fashion and shuffles out the door in his peculiar gait, braces squeaking

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by subaltari »

Gabe nods at the information shared by Dagh. "Barbosa, colorful name. We can buy our own drinks, 'mano. But we'll tell him to pass da..." he picks up a salt shaker and wiggles it a bit.

After the Vargr departs, Gabe takes enough time to finish his meal properly, then checks out of the TAS and tosses his kit bag onto Ty's cart. He proceeds back to the Starport along with the other crew to pick up their restricted items. correct?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Eris »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:09 am Dagh barks a laugh and slides the credit back to Jacko.

“I need you deliver message to Dagh friends on Acadie. In return I tell you what I know of ship, yes?

Find Barbosa, he runs startown bar like Dagh, Black Scorpion. Any trouble tell them Caporal-chef Dagh sent you, eh?

Message simple. Dagh say to pass the salt, eh? Very easy, no problem. He may even buy drinks, but probably no. Barbosa cheap bastard.”

He goes on to explain the Perfect Stranger is still on the landing pad at Acadie and has been for months. More than that he doesn’t know but insinuates Barbosa may.

“Dagh know he never find out if you visit Barbosa or no. If you come back to Amondiage come see me again.”

With that he slaps a paw on the table, laughs again in the Vargr fashion and shuffles out the door in his peculiar gait, braces squeaking
"Yeah, I'll pass that message along Dagh. If it was another time and place I might want to do more, but as it is." Jako shrugs and stands up from the table. The 50 credit note has disappeared when he does, "Thanks for the information."

Jako leaves the table and takes all his gear over to the starship and is ready to leave this place.

OOC: This is assuming he did his shopping before the meeting, otherwise, he did want to see about buying a vacc suit on H&C's dime. If there's no time, he'll skip it and get to the ship...he's not gonna miss it.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”