Amondiage Day 2

Hvalreki
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Amondiage Day 2

#1 Post by Hvalreki »

I'm pulling the timelines and groups back together so we can start moving forward again.

The Travellers have secured passage on the Divine Intervention for the jump to Acadie, a colony world of Amondiage which was the next port of call listed on the Perfect Stranger's flight plan.

1500 per person and the use of 2 double staterooms for the voyage as they see fit. Captain Jandala wants to depart as soon as possible but given his current pilot situation will wait until the group ties up any loose ends on Amondiage.

Ted and Gabe wait in the TAS cafe for a breakfast meeting with the Vargr bartender.

Easy will make his way to the Coroner's office which opens at 9AM.

Becky announces she is going shopping.

The three pilots please let me know their next actions and I will startup the threads accordingly.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Amondiage Day 2

#2 Post by AleBelly »

Piotr talks to the others in the morning. "I'm going to go look at a couple ships in the port that may be involved in illegal activity. Maybe they'll know something about our quarry. I'm accustomed to dealing with pirate ships from my turret, though, not face to face. If any of you have interrogation skills and want to come along you're most welcome."

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Thumper »

Ty:
Ya, Piotr. I can help speak with them. (Streetwise-1). Ty knows people react to his 40-something teen-styled surfer persona as assuming he’s dumb, so he’ll lean into it hoping they’ll reveal more and act a little less guarded.

Assuming Ty was able to purchase his common items overnight at the 24-hr starport shops or order them for pickup. Ty will wear normal street clothes.
Last edited by Thumper on Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by subaltari »

AleBelly wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:31 amPiotr talks to the others in the morning.
It just occurred to me, since Piotr is our TAS sponsor, does he need to be present for us to use the facilities? Or can we get into the café using our room keys/fobs or what not.

And at risk of repeating myself, Ty and Jako are also more than welcome to grab a croissant with us and see what the Vargr has to say!

EDIT: And Easy too! Sorry about that Spearmint :oops:
Last edited by subaltari on Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Spearmint »

Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt

Taking whatever cab or space-Uber can be arranged, he will go after breakfast from the TAS to arrive early, slightly before opening hours at the Amondiage's chief Coroner's office.

I am not sure what protocols may be in place, but he will push his time deadlined investigations abd try to locate further information into the deceased crewmen.

Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=8+2=10

At least initially trying to get to the right office and meet the conducting coroner who oversaw any autopsies.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Eris »

subaltari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:47 pm
AleBelly wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:31 amPiotr talks to the others in the morning.
It just occurred to me, since Piotr is our TAS sponsor, does he need to be present for us to use the facilities? Or can we get into the café using our room keys/fobs or what not.

And at risk of repeating myself, Ty and Jako are also more than welcome to grab a croissant with us and see what the Vargr has to say!
If Ty is going with Piotr, then Jako will sit in with the "breakfast crew" and see what the Vargr has to say.

If there is time after that, Jako would like to buy a vacc suit with his H&C card, then with all his gear he heads for Divine Intervention...arriving early if possible.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by subaltari »

Day 2
Amondiage TAS Facility

Unless the Café is 24-hour joint, Gabe shows up within ten minutes of the opening time for breakfast service. He shows his room fob and asks for a booth somewhere along a wall, but in sight of the host stand. When Easy, Jako, Ted, and/or whoever else arrive from the crew, Gabe beckons them over to the booth.

His dark hair has grown about 3 months past the marine regs, slicked back neatly with pomade, his goatee freshly trimmed. He's wearing his brand-new H&C shirt and jacket, any pretense of being a 'tourist' now gone. Glancing over the beverage menu, Gabe thinks to himself: Hair of the dog? and then chuckles out loud realizing who/what it is we are waiting for.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Eris »

Jako takes a seat. He is wearing a jumpsuit, with an H&C patch on the left shoulder. The trouser legs are tucked inside spacer boots. There are tabs on the boots and connectors at strategic location on the rest of the jumpsuit where a vacc suit would attach. It's comfortable, certainly not fashionable, and definitely utilitarian. It's the sort of thing he's used to wearing when he's in space...where he hopes to be later today.

Sitting down at the booth and sliding in, Jako looks over at Gabe's chuckle, "Funny menu?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by subaltari »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:22 pmSitting down at the booth and sliding in, Jako looks over at Gabe's chuckle, "Funny menu?"
"Oh hey man. Nah' really... I just thinkin about the contact we s'posed to meet. He's, y'know, like... a Vargr." For no particular reason, Gabe's tone of voice drops a bit at the last word. He smiles sheepishly and slides the menu over to Jako.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Eris »

subaltari wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:22 pmSitting down at the booth and sliding in, Jako looks over at Gabe's chuckle, "Funny menu?"
"Oh hey man. Nah' really... I just thinkin about the contact we s'posed to meet. He's, y'know, like... a Vargr." For no particular reason, Gabe's tone of voice drops a bit at the last word. He smiles sheepishly and slides the menu over to Jako.
Jako nods, "I've met a few. Some of them seemed a bit touchy, if you say or do something to rub 'em wrong, but otherwise pretty normal folk. Guy on Ruie compared one to a pit bull and she flipped out, big fight...they don't like being compared to any sort of canine. I can sort of see that, be like comparing one of us to a monkey, very disrespectful. I'd probably laugh it off, but...you know..."

Jako ends with a shrug before passing the menu on to the next person, "I'm thinking coffee and what they call a Full Amondiage Breakfast, whatever that is."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Amondiage Day 2 Coroner's Office

#11 Post by Hvalreki »

Following the old rule of "you're never late if you're early," Easy finishes the last of his coffee and croissant on a sunny bench outside the Coroner's office. The building is not quite as shiny and well maintained as the city core around the space port and the tourist area.

Very familiar with bureaucracies from his Army days, he waits until quarter past the hour to give the workers time to settle in and start their day.

The front desk is a bit stymied by the request but as Easy is "official" and has all the proper credentials for the line of inquiry, after an hour of administrative shuffling he is ushered into see the Coroner who seems none too pleased at the interruption.

"Look, I know you've come a long way but honestly I"m not sure why you're bothering with this. They were already too far gone when they got here. See, died of Laser Wounds, all right here in the report. Now if you'll excuse me I need to get back to my work."

He doesn't seem keen on answering any more questions but he does let Easy review the complete report before he leaves the office.

Easy learns the 2 crewman were seriously injured but alive and in cold sleep when they arrived on Amondiage. More importantly they were shipped from Acadie. The crew were rescued from their ship's launch which had crash landed, by a merchanter who put them on ice and brought them back to Amondiage for better medical care than could be found locally or onboard. Despite their best efforts the surgeons on Amondiage were unable to save the crewmen and both died on the operating table.

The Coroner's report indicates while the injuries from the crash were very serious, ultimately the cause of death for both crewman was the horrific wounds inflicted by personal laser weapons not long before the crash.
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=8+2=10

Coroner's Reaction +1 for Easy's long service =5 Hostile, May Attack
Last edited by Hvalreki on Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Spearmint »

The crew were rescued from their ships launch which had crash landed by a Merchanter who put them on ice and brought them back to Amondiage for better medical care than could be found locally or onboard. Despite their best efforts the surgeons on Amondiage were unable to save the crewmen and both died on the operating table.
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: tries some Diplomacy [2d6]=9

"Listen, I have been twenty plus in the Army, seeing action, committing action year by year. I know what 'died of wounds looks like', almost even feels like. If you get my drift?"

He doesn't want to get fobbed off with 'an official report' if it hides any other truth or relevant information. He checks over the report and compares them to any photo evidence taken of the bodies. I want to establish things stuff like 'shot in the back' which may indicate being ambushed or shot while escaping (thinking wrists might have evidence of cuff restraints), also if the bodies where examined for implants, something I suggested as subdermal chips could easily hide data being covertly gathered.

So my understanding is they launched a craft to escape a fight (onboard the PS?) but wounded crashed landed nearby. Where the launch and bodies where discovered.

"So what is the name of the Merchant vessel that found them and its Captain. Any information on where they crashed. Maybe the launch itself has various data caches we need to retrieve. Is the launch salvageable?"

Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Intelligence to discern information (Int B, +2) [2d6+2]=3+2=5

He struggles to piece things together beyond the basics. He asks the Coroner as much as he can, taking a copy of the report.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Hvalreki »

"The merchanter? Easy Money out of Serendip Belt, Captain Chapman, again all in the report."

"Listen, you Imps think you can come in and interfere wherever you want. Serves you right poking around in matters that don't concern you. The Islands were a much more pleasant place before the Imperium showed up in our laps. Now all we have to thank for it is enemies at every turn and a police state! Good day to you sir!"

The coroner rebuffs any attempts at further questions. Easy leaves the office not fully satisfied but with a full autopsy report and a lead on where the bodies came from, Acadie.

He's established:

1. The crewmen were on Acadie when they were on the receiving end of laser fire.
2. Somehow, two of them made it to their ship's launch but it crashed.
3. The wounded crewmen were rescued by the crew of the Easy Money, a Merchant Trading vessel from Serendip Belt who brought them to Amondiage for medical treatment.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Spearmint »

Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt

Once done in the Coroner's, he will ping the others via his dot-com and make his way to the merchant vessel taking us to Arcadie.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Thumper »

Ty grabs a breakfast sandwich in one hand and a disposable cup with OJ in the other and bolts to catch up with Piotr.

So, old dude. What’s your plan this morning? What do You want me to do to back you up?
Last edited by Thumper on Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by AleBelly »

"Plan?" asks Piotr blankly. "I guess we should have one of those. Well, I was just going to walk up and talk to them, ask if they have any information on our target. And bribe them if necessary" he grins. "If you do the talking, it might go more smoothly..." he suggests.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Thumper »

On their way to the ships, Ty will stop in at the bank branches. He’ll present his bank card from the Filentred bank and ask where in the Island Cluster he can use the card to access his funds and where he cannot. He’ll also inquire about opening an account on Amondiage and where those funds would be available and not.

On his way out, we’ll withdraw 400 credits “Walking around cash” from his Amondiage card

—-

Ok then.

Streetwise: [2d6+1]=3+1=4, [2d6+1]=8+1=9, [2d6+1]=6+1=7,

JOT Bribery (he’s seen others do it before):

JOT Bribery: [2d6]=9, [2d6]=7, [2d6]=11, [2d6]=11

He’ll look for crewmembers working on their ships, handling cargo, coming or going, or just lounging.

He’ll approach them and explain they are looking for some friends who departed as passengers on The Perfect Stranger a few months ago. The ship was Acadie bound when they parted ways, and he will describe the PS. Trying to find friends by locating the ship to see where they deplaned. If the crewmen seem to know something and are looking for something, Ty will offer 25cr then sweeten it to 50. Willing to go higher, but most bribes are in the low 10s of credits…I think.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by AleBelly »

Thumper wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm On their way to the ships, Ty will stop in at the bank branches. He’ll present his bank card from the Filentred bank and ask where in the Island Cluster he can use the card to access his funds and where he cannot. He’ll also inquire about opening an account on Amondiage and where those funds would be available and not.

On his way out, we’ll withdraw 400 credits “Walking around cash” from his Amondiage card

—-

Ok then.

Streetwise: [2d6+1]=3+1=4, [2d6+1]=8+1=9, [2d6+1]=6+1=7,

JOT Bribery (he’s seen others do it before):

JOT Bribery: [2d6]=9, [2d6]=7, [2d6]=11, [2d6]=11

He’ll look for crewmembers working on their ships, handling cargo, coming or going, or just lounging.

He’ll approach them and explain they are looking for some friends who departed as passengers on The Perfect Stranger a few months ago. The ship was Acadie bound when they parted ways, and he will describe the PS. Trying to find friends by locating the ship to see where they deplaned. If the crewmen seem to know something and are looking for something, Ty will offer 25cr then sweeten it to 50. Willing to go higher, but most bribes are in the low 10s of credits…I think.
Piotr is bad with money, so he's more than happy to spend it on bribes.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Thumper »

Then Ty will do the talkin’ and look to Piotr to take over handling the cash.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Amondiage Day 2 TAS Cafe

#20 Post by Hvalreki »

Gabe, Ted and Jacko sip coffee and wait for the bartender's arrival.

A few minutes after 9 he walks in the door, looks around for a bit then lopes up to the table. Vargr already have a strange gait compared to humans but now that he's out from behind the bar you can see he wears metal braces on both legs.

"So, introductions yes? I am Dagh, funny? Legionnaires seemed to think so. It very common Vargr name."

The trio introduce themselves under their cover as employees of Hortalez et Cie on a recovery mission.

He orders from the waitress in flawless French and she brings him a shallow bowl of coffee which he holds in both paws and laps loudly.

"Business then yes?"

"I know of ship you seek. What's in it for me, eh?"
Last edited by Hvalreki on Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”