[IC] 01 - Kleine / Search for the missing children

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [IC] 01 - Kleine / Search for the missing children

#101 Post by Griffith »

Heff whispers to the others, "I am worried about those windows. It is possible the enemy may have archers positioned behind those windows ready to fire on intruders. Still, we must enter. So I propose that Coldmoon and I stand some distance from the doors with our bows drawn, ready to fire. Balam armed with his axe and Beato armed with his mace, one to the left of the doors and one to the right, careful not to be in the line of fire, will push open the doors. Is this a plan we can agree on?"

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#102 Post by GoblinTown »

Balam looks at the doors, at each comrade, then nods and tries to open the doors.
Edit: For some reason, I couldn't see Heff's post when I posted mine. I agree with that and changed my post to reflect that, instead of just going for it as was originally posted.
Last edited by GoblinTown on Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by zebediah »

Griffith wrote:Heff whispers to the others, "I am worried about those windows. It is possible the enemy may have archers positioned behind those windows ready to fire on intruders. Still, we must enter. So I propose that Coldmoon and I stand some distance from the doors with our bows drawn, ready to fire. Balam armed with his axe and Beato armed with his mace, one to the left of the doors and one to the right, careful not to be in the line of fire, will push open the doors. Is this a plan we can agree on?"
Sounds good to me. says Beato as he moves close to the door and prepares to open it together with Balam.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by rremedio »

Moving the game in a few hours. Just remember that Coldmoon is not with you anymore. Blackrazor has left the game due to lack of time to post.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by Griffith »

zebediah wrote:
Griffith wrote:Heff whispers to the others, "I am worried about those windows. It is possible the enemy may have archers positioned behind those windows ready to fire on intruders. Still, we must enter. So I propose that Coldmoon and I stand some distance from the doors with our bows drawn, ready to fire. Balam armed with his axe and Beato armed with his mace, one to the left of the doors and one to the right, careful not to be in the line of fire, will push open the doors. Is this a plan we can agree on?"
Sounds good to me. says Beato as he moves close to the door and prepares to open it together with Balam.
Heff, approximately 20 feet from the door, readies to fire.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by rremedio »

Sorry for the delay, guys...I'm having time problems, connection problems and I don't have access to the maps right now. So I'm improvising from memory. Luckly all the problems will be solved by Thursday

The door opens with a loud sound. After some cautious sneaking, you are sure that no one expects you inside the room. It's a large, empty room,. After the torch enlightens the place, you can notice marks on the dusty ground of objects, probably furnishings, that have been moved. The room seems to take all the floor, and looks like there is nothing to be seem. At the left end of the room there's a spiraling staircase leading to the top floor. The room is around 45' square. A disgusting smell fills the air, probably coming from the fresh pools of some blue stuff scattered here and there on the ground, probably the same thing the monsters use to paint their faces.

After some moments, you hear a scream coming from the top of the stairs. It comes from a small humanoid, who soon disappears. Then you can hear a lot of noise, like footsteps and unintelligible voices, but nothing else appears in the stairs again and after a few seconds, silence comes back.

You are not surprised (neither is the humanoid), so you can act when you just notice the creature, if you want. Most of his body is covered by the stairs, but you can notice that he is a small one.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#107 Post by Griffith »

Heff puts away his bow and takes out his sword.
Something appears at the top of the stairs. What was that? A kobold or something smaller?
After the ruckus, It's quiet now, too quiet. They have either run off to tell the others or they are lying in wait up there...
Heff glances around and looks at his comrades. Before moving on I think we should do a quick search of this area, looking for secret passages, trap doors, and such.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by zebediah »

We've been spotted and don't know who or how many there are, Heff. I would rather try to act while we are not swarmed by enemies.

Beato will try to go up the stairs, watching out for any movement or sound from above.

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#109 Post by GoblinTown »

Were the situation different, Balam would like to examine the room further as well, but things have not worked out that way. Grrr, no chance of this ending well I'm sure...

Balam will back up Beato and make for the stairs, taking a cursory glance around on the way if he can.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#110 Post by Griffith »

Heff follows the others. I just hope we aren't rushing past something important... or rushing into a trap.
As he is bringing up the rear, Heff keeps an eye out for any threats that may be approaching from behind.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#111 Post by rremedio »

Beato promptly runs up through the stairs while the others take a batter look into the room, finding nothing special and soon following him. The stairs goes up into a small room. It's almost 20' square, except for the northern part of the west wall, which advances to the west like a small corridor, 5' wide and 10' long, with a closed door to the south. Nothing else obvious enough can be heard or seen and there are no windows in this room.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#112 Post by Griffith »

Before proceeding Heff sketches a quick map so they don't get lost.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by rremedio »

That's what I'm talking about ;) I've forgotten to mention that the stairs show up in the center of this room.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#114 Post by Griffith »

rremedio wrote:That's what I'm talking about ;) I've forgotten to mention that the stairs show up in the center of this room.
Is it necessary that I fix the map or can we leave it the way it is?

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by rremedio »

No need to fix at all.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by zebediah »

The cleric approaches the door and tries to swing it open.
I assume they had no time to prepare traps, but Beato is half expecting an ambush from the other side.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#117 Post by rremedio »

The next room is around 40' to the south and 15' between the western and eastern walls. On the western wall there are two closed doors. The one closer to the northern wall is blocked by a great amount of furnishings clearly left with the purpose of blocking the passage. On the eastern wall there's also what seems to be a door near the southern wall, compared to the entrance. It is blocked with wooden boards, just like the windows.

There are rotten chairs, tables and other furnishings spread here and there and no sign of the monsters. The smell here is much worst than in the other rooms, even if you notice a light, cold breeze in the air that wasn't noticeable in the other rooms.

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#118 Post by GoblinTown »

Balam takes a slow walk around the room looking for any signs of anything hiding or where that breeze is coming from.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by zebediah »

Beato goes to the western door that is not blocked
the only unblocked door if I understand correctly
and will try to listen if there is any sound beyond it.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#120 Post by rremedio »

A quick examination of the room shows nothing important noticeable, and Beato can't hear any sounds behind the southern west door. The breeze seems to come from eastern door: the boards have some gaps between them and Balam can recognize that the door leads to the open air. Probably to the destroyed wall already seem from outside the house.

Return to “Darker Dungeons of Thunder Rift”