Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

OGRE MAGE
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

#21 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric looks at the queen. We will return your daughter to you. She give the queen a respectful bow.

Cresty

The fighter finds an open space and takes some practice swings with his weapon. Death to the dragon! AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She bows and smiles at the expected hospitality. "We shall talk soon about more details, Your Majesty. Thank you."

The Princess allows herself to be shown out.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes bows and retires with the others.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

A servant quickly ushers you through the massive hall, past the full dragon mounts and several huge heads that seem to be sticking through the wall from the other side. A simple wooden door brings you out to a hallway with several more doors along its length. The castle worker speaks softly as she shows you to your rooms.

"If it isn't a problem for you, the girls can stay in this room, while your 2 men sleep in another. If you find anything that isn't to your liking, let one of us servants know and we can get you whatever is needed."

Both rooms are close, clean, comfortable, and COLD! The servant takes a torch from a hall sconce and uses it to light the fireplaces, eventually bringing some warmth and light. "Since it's late in the day, I will instruct the kitchen crew to have 6 warm meals brought to you in the morrow. A clergyman will also come by to heal your wounds once the sun rises again. I trust you will find the baths and beds to your liking. Is there anything you would ask of me before I leave you to your rest?"

Actions?

Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 25/28 0/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third (Light Stone)
Tlachtga (D5) AC:7 28/35 6/6 first 2/5 second 3/3 third (Light Stone)
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5
Cresty: (F2) AC:4 17/17
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 26/30 1/5 first 4/4 second
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 33/53 6/6 first 1/5 second 3/3 third 0/1 fourth

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Will there be any issue with us moving back and forth between our 2 rooms?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The servant girl answers directly.

"Of course not. You're not being held here, so you are free to explore the castle all you like. I would advise staying out of the Kings Hall for now however, as the Queen is still grieving the loss of her only daughter." She points to the door you just used to get from the Kings Hall to this hallway.

"There is a sitting room and a vast library down the hall this way, if that is to your liking."

She points out a few other doors to rooms you might wish to visit after you've slept.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel will use the chance to take a bath and have her clothes repaired and cleaned (if that service is included). She will then explore the castle, starting with the library. "I'm going to take a look at the library. Anyone wants to join me? Or do we want to talk any plans before we do anything else?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Thank you, you have been very helpful."

Tlachtga will clean up and make sure her gear is all in order. Just before she goes to sleep she casts CLW on herself.

CLW [1d8]=6

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She nods amicably at the girl. "Thank you."

"I'd like to poke around, so I'll join you Elnaerel. After we get cleaned up." She claims a bed and runs the sheets through her fingers. "It's been a while..."

"Nothing really to do until we meet in the morning, I think. Get some rest."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by kruk »

Cresty

After receiving much needed healing from the clerics of the king and taking a short rest, the fighter strolls the great halls, and eventually finds a guards. Soon he and the guards start a discussion about fighting tactics. The newly assembled group are showing different fighting stances, attacks and counter attacks with various weapons. As Cresty swings and thrusts with his great sword some the guards look at him, then towards each other and smile while shaking their heads in disappointment. One of the guards motions the fighter to stop and offers to help refine the fighter's movements and attacks. Cresty listens to the guard's advice, then practices the move or attack given new found knowledge. This time the guard nods his head in approval, then shows Cresty other attacks and counter attack. This goes on for a couple hours before the guards move on. Cresty then finds his sleeping quarters and retires for the night.

Lerrick

The fighter graciously accepts the healing from the host's clerics. She then finds a spot to rest, relax and pray.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#31 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

Cresty wisely learns a few new fighting techniques from the castle guard before retiring fully healed, filled with fine food and drink.

Princess and Elnaerel have the groups clothing or gear repaired and cleaned before they enjoy a bath, eventually retiring to the library, where they learn a few interesting tidbits of information. It seems that High Winter was once a booming city filled with magic and learning. However, eventually the dragons of the north started migrating south, creating all manner of problems and initiating an all out war against the creatures.

For years the King and his men fought and killed the massive wyrms, but they continued to plague the city in ever growing numbers, eventually chasing most of the people living north of the Icy Isthmus away to the south. Though only a mere whisper of what was once a sprawling metropolis remains, the people here continue to make a hard life for themselves and their families who've remained.

Those living within the castle walls are open and easy to talk with, all of them expressing admiration for their royal leader and what he and his troops have done to kill off most of the invading dragons. Now that there are so few dratons left, possibly only the one the King mentioned, the residents of High Winter feel much more secure about their everyday lives.

After resting, eating, praying, sleeping, eating again, then being fully healed, the group is ready to return to the Kings Hall to receive their instructions from his majesty.

Actions?

I stopped here in case there was anything the group wanted to discuss before you take up this mission.

Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 28/28 5/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third (Light Stone)
Tlachtga (D5) AC:7 35/35 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third (Light Stone)
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5 ???
Cresty: (F2) AC:4 17/17
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 first 4/4 second
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third 1/1 fourth

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Did anyone doing research find anything on dragon fighting techniques?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel shares her knowledge of the history of High Winter. "I haven't read that much about what to do against dragons, or this particular one. We can ask more specifics about it before we leave. Ah, and, ask for rations. We still don't know how long the journey will be..."

I updated my character sheet after levelling up. Sorry for the delay.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"If it's going to be a long journey, maybe the king could provide us with a guide?" suggests Wes. "And gear for traveling through ice and snow? White cloaks for camouflage would be a good start".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Right. Let's figure out what we've signed up for, then decide what we need. I do like a guide, though."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric thinks back to the last time she hds felt totally healed and healthy. It's been a long time she says under her breath. She smiles and takes a deep breath of cold refreshing air and lets it out, then speaks to the king. In order to fight such a complex and dangerous foe we will need as much healing powers as we can gather. I, as well as several others in our party, have the power to heal. However, in my experiences it seems that I never have enough. Can you provide us with additional healing capabilities in the form potions or scrolls? I am willing to trade an item I have for them if you would like something in return, in addition to completing the mission. The cleric is obviously inexperienced in the art of bartering.

Cresty

The fighter mindset and attitude is as positive as it has ever been. He eagerly prepares himself for the the quest at hand. It is amazing the change in attitude and outlook on life one has when he finally finds his purpose in life. In Cresty's case...dragon slaying. The former paladin once known as Sir Crestbrook the Mighty is now known as Cresty the Dragon Slayer. The fighter is total consumed with this thought, oblivious to the conversations going on around him.

Cresty has leveled up. He now has 26 hp

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

After a brief discussion, Lerrick leads the team back into the massive great hall of the king of High Winter Castle. His queen eventually joins in the conversation as well, but she remains devastated and barely speaks a word.

The king hears their requests and nods along with all of them but the guide idea.

"You will need no guide where you are going. We have a portal that will deliver you directly to the lair of the great wyrm. High Winter used to be a sprawling metropolis of learning and magic, you see. We had many great wizards here at one point, all of them vying for knowledge and power. The wyrm has made a home in a mountain that lies just beyond a wide swath of abandoned and ruined wizard towers. The portal leads to the ground floor of one of the closer towers, and beyond them is an old road that leads up to the mountain cave entrance. You will find the dreaded beast inside the cave, along with our dear princess, hopefully. We believe the beast holds a grudge against us for killing its kin, so we have high hopes that our dear daughter yet lives. The beast is wily and we think it may be using her as bait or for some other nefarious plan."

He agrees to provision you if you like, and gives you new clothing and heavy winter gear to wear, as the wildlands north of the Icy Isthmus are now little more than frozen tundra.

"We may have a few potions or scrolls that will help you, Mistress Lerrick. We also have a few magical items specifically designed to kill dragons that we will lend you for this quest. You simply must succeed in finding our dearest princess again and returning her to us here once you dispatch the white monster."

"Oh......and one more thing.......I WANT THE BEAT'S HEAD TO MOUNT IN MY HALL!!! Bring it back to me, and I may allow you to keep the magic items you borrow."

The queen sobs uncontrollably after this last remark.

Actions?

Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 28/28 5/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third (Light Stone)
Tlachtga (D5) AC:7 35/35 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third (Light Stone)
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5 ???
Cresty: (F3) AC:4 26/26
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 first 4/4 second
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third 1/1 fourth

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Let us get equipped as quickly as possible then. The longer we wait the less chance we have of saving your daughter I fear."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by kruk »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 pm
"Oh......and one more thing.......I WANT THE BEAT'S HEAD TO MOUNT IN MY HALL!!!"
Cresty

The fighter can't contain himself anymore as he is overcome with joy and elation. YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! WE WILL KILL THE DRAGON!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WE WILL BRING BACK THE HEAD!!!!!!
He thrusts his sword up into the air!

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel can't help but feel suspicious. They are getting all these things for free without knowing these people. Either they might have something in reserve for them or they are trully desperate. Either way, she will play along because, if this is true, there's a life at stake.

"The white beast. So it's a white dragon like the one we fought earlier." She looks at Tlatchga. "If it's in a cave, I guess there won't be any chance of invoking any lightnings from the sky..."

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”