Introducing Dubricus and the Bee Lady

OGRE MAGE
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Smoking Out The Bandits

#61 Post by hedgeknight »

gurusql wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:18 am Renna

"Thank you! Here is a gold piece for a bottle for myself and one for my friend here." pointing to Dredd
Dredd gives Renna an incredulous look and then bows his head slightly. "Another debt, friend Renna. My thanks for the honey."
He takes the jar carefully, holding it in both hands.
Winter is coming...

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#62 Post by grokkngrognard »

Skratch shakes her head and spits. She could find wild honey easy enough in the woods and here they are buying the stuff.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#63 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The weird little old Bee Lady just smiles at Pimlin. "I have something here you should really enjoy, then." She looks around to see if any children are about before reaching into a waxy coated satchel at her side. She pulls out a small piece of honeycomb just dripping with honey and hands it to the halfling as a sweet treat he can enjoy while the others shop.

She looks the group over for a moment and answers the bee sitting on her ear. "Well, I don't see her here at the moment, so what do you suppose we do about it? Shall I search the entire Keep for this bee slayer?" She seems to answer the bee in a sarcastic manner, but continues smiling at those gathered, finishing up by replying to Crobeus.

"Oh, don't be silly. Of course I cant talk with them. Who ever heard of such a thing. Let's just say I......... understand them."

Stobart, Meinhardt, Crabgrass, and Magdal all seem ready to get moving again, uninterested in this Bee Lady or her honey.
(this might "bee" a good time to remember any similar background information)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"It wouldn't happen to be an elven female wearing a deep blue travelling dress that the bees were mentioning to you would it?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan his eyes widen as she hands him the treat "Oh wow. That's a nice treat. Thank you!" he takes it and starts munching on the treat. Before he realizes he's finished it and licking his fingers. "Do I owe you anything for that it was very delicious." he says back to her.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Having little interest in the market, mainly due to her penniless situation, she lounges about the inn resting up. She figures she better get the rest while she can.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#67 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pimlan gets a pat on his head as the woman brushes away any notion of payment for the sweet treat she normally hands out to the Keeps children.

As the group gets a few steps closer to departing, the Bee Lady looks a little sideways at Renna.

"How did you know that? Can you hear them too? Please don't tell me that you were part of this travesty."

When she looks back to see that Pimlan has already finished the entire thing, her eyes widen with surprise. "You're gonna get a tummy ache eating like that, little fella."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Oh no now that would unsettling. So many voices to hear. But Sylla the elf I was describing was part of our group and she disappeared when I was unconscious on our last mission. We wanted to find her. We are worried about her."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

After his recent near death experience, Meinhardt also has no interest in browsing the market, opting to stay at the inn and rest for the day.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#70 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

A little concerned for the sanity of this odd lady, the paladin stays quiet to make sure he doesn't say anything that may upset the lady...or her bees.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan chuckles "I guess you haven't seen how halflings eat. My stomach is used to it." he smiles politely and joins the others in leaving again. But stops to listen to what is said to Renna, as well as her reply.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The old Bee Lady seems to understand what Renna is saying.

"Well, if I can bee of some service........I will have my tiny soldiers keep an eye out for her as they travel the woods and grasslands searching out their nectar."

"If I hear anything from them about a missing elf, I will be sure to let one of you know the next time I'm around."

"Good day to you all then. It was a pleasure to meet nice folks from afar."

If there is nothing more to do here, we will get the group action moving along.........

I think I will start this thread over anew once everyone is ready and store this encounter somewhere in the Town threads, if I can figure out a good spot for it.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by hedgeknight »

Let's roll!
Winter is coming...

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Thank you that is most kind."

Ready to depart.

Scott308

#75 Post by Scott308 »

Before we go, Crobeus wants to...nah, just messing. He's ready to go.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Introducing Dubricus and the Bee Lady

#76 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:16 am Before we go, Crobeus wants to...nah, just messing. He's ready to go.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

I renamed this thread to what it actually is and moved your departure over to a new thread: viewtopic.php?p=695638#p695638

Let's be off then, shall we? :mrgreen:

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by gurusql »

Yes, let's bee off :!: :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#78 Post by GreyWolfVT »

time to buzz off.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#79 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Okay, that's probably enough. :lol:

Scott308

#80 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, beehave yourselves!

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”