Introducing Dubricus and the Bee Lady

OGRE MAGE
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Smoking Out The Bandits

#21 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Something about Dubcricus's demeanor, aside from the choking superiority complex, causes Meinhardt a great deal of consternation.

Something from his past, something he couldn't quite remember ...

"Son ... sorry, Dubricus ... I see no need to engage your services as leader. We have a diverse set of skills and by no means are lacking in the capacity for logical thinking."

"You lack what some of us already possess, age and experience. However, you seem capable and I am sure would provide ample value to us in an advisory role."

He nods is head slightly and peers about the table, gauging the other's reactions.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Renna Kellamin, charmed I am sure." she says to Dubricus and them speaking to the group "Let us meet just inside the front gate at dawn to head out."

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by grokkngrognard »

Skratch

The half-orc caught the side glance the man who named himself Dubricus shot her way. But my he was a fancy pink with his airs, rich clothing, and boastfulness! She replied in turn with a feral look that could curdle milk. She didn't like him already. Their leader? This pink? She was itching to stab him.

When Dubricus laughed, Skratch couldn't help herself. She let go a giggle first. Oh, this pink was a precious one! she thought before her giggle eased into a chortle which then fell into outright laughter. It wasn't pleasant to hear, the sound that escaped her throat. She was guffawing freely now, her lithe form shaking with the effort.

She looked at the others, mirth in her eyes. "This man so full of dung, he funny! Yes? He is funny, sabba?" she asked the others gleefully without so much as a hint of tact. "I think funny man first to die at caves, sabba?" she added, nodding vigorously.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Without missing a beat, Meinhardt responds to Skratch's interjection, "May I introduce Skratch? She will be our guide to the Caves of Chaos." He says this to Dubricus in an even tone suggesting the topic is not up for discussion.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dubricus tries to process the varying replies. He pats Pimlin on the shoulder and smiles, though that expression changes drastically after the next few responses.

Looking to Crabgrass for support, and receiving none, the pompous prestidigitator tries once again to assure the group of his talents.

“I don’t think you understand me, Mr. Meinhardt…. and…. ummmm….. Skratch, is it?”

“Though I do agree that experience is a valuable commodity, I also believe there is absolutely no substitution for a sharp mind and the ability to make intelligent decisions at the snap of a finger.”

He snaps his fingers and a thin blue flame appears above them. He displays the flame around the table dramatically before waving his hand in the air to extinguish it again.

“If you do not require my leadership skills, I am happy to move along and locate a group who does. However, if you want the very best thinking mind around making decisions for this company, I am happy to forgive this little misunderstanding and continue on as your leader.”

He looks directly at Meinhardt. “I would indulge any suggestions you may have along the way though, from an advisory standpoint, that is.”

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Very well. My opinions aside, I do not make decisions for this group. I will defer to their judgement on your generous offer and then make my own decision."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan "I don't see why we couldn't give it a shot. Let Dubricus lead. A good leader listens to those they are leading and considers their viewpoints. Typically." he cuts in with a slight smile. Mostly just trying to defuse the situation before they lose the help from Dubricus.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc gnaws on a biscuit and between swallows asks, "Say you find yourself in a room full of skeletons eager to rip you to shreds. What type of reasoning and sharp thinking would be necessary to survive? Or if you were on a trail with a dozen or so bowmen in the trees waiting to fill you full of arrows if you don't pay the toll to pass...what would you say to avoid becoming a pin cushion?"
He brushes crumbs off his chest after his questions, waiting for Dubricus to respond.
Winter is coming...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Intervenes as he as vouched for the mage.

"Probably say 'In the Name, In the Name' to the skeletons" he says, brandishing his holy symbol theatrically,

"Or, here's sixty gold, I shalt pass; as you did. Or run away bleeding, as you did last night."

He feels the bickering only detracts from the mission. We have not faced any issues or challenges that might put his skills or ideas to the test yet. And judging by each groups lack of success so far, I don't think adding the mage can do any harm.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by hedgeknight »

Stirling wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:33 pm And judging by each groups lack of success so far, I don't think adding the mage can do any harm.
Ain't that the truth! :lol:
Winter is coming...

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Meinhardt leans into the table at Dredd's questions to Dubricus, apparently very interested in the response.

There is an IC reason for Meinhardt's skepticism. :)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#32 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

Sighing, the paladin replies to Dubricus. "We'll see how you fare in the field. If you earn our respect, then great. If not, well, we likely won't put much stock in what you are telling us. Having said that, we clearly have not made very good decisions to this point, so maybe you are just what we need. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough, won't we?"
Last edited by Scott308 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"There seems to be some confusion over our destination. My understanding was that we will be dealing with the bandits, rather than heading to the caves. Although it's possible we might end up and the caves anyway."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dubricus beams with pride when nobody shoos him away from his coveted position as leader.

He shrugs off the questions and interrogations, pointing out the reply from Crabgrass with a nod, glad for the half-elfs impromptu answer. "There you go friends! There is one way to handle such things."

He looks over Rena's map for a moment. "I agree with the idea to try and skirt in behind the bandits waylay area. However, even with help from our experienced woodsmen, er, woods people, it will be slower moving for us through the trees. I think we need to keep that in mind before we decide when to leave. Who knows, we may even find some other areas important to the highwaymen that you haven't discovered yet."

The mage takes a head count and starts writing names down into his book of all the folks who claim they are going along.

"I suggest we leave at first light, and double time it on the road to the forest so we can take our time once inside the more dangerous unknown areas."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

"Sorted then. Let's go."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal listens quietly to the conversations. She isn't convinced the mage would make a good leader, but then we will never know unless he is put to the test. She hopes her first assessment will be proven wrong. "Yes, now that we've sorted things out, I suggest we follow Rinna's map when everyone is ready," she says not wishing to rush any of the priests or mages.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan smiles and nods his head "Sounds like we have a plan, and I agree at first light makes the most sense."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"I will concede to my companions' judgement." He then arranges for room and board for the next day and night.

-1 gp

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"First light it is then."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Stirling »

I thought we were going now ... like, we are already on the way or are these conversations taking place in the tavern the night before?

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”