OGRE MAGE
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Smoking Out The Bandits

#41 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"First light it is."

Renna will try and check out the extra merchants that are visiting the keep today.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by hedgeknight »

Stirling wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:52 pm I thought we were going now ... like, we are already on the way or are these conversations taking place in the tavern the night before
Same here...Dredd is good either way.
Winter is coming...

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Quonundrum »

Ditto. The payment was for the previous full day.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Do you see this keyboard in front of me?

Of course you don't.....because it's a magical keyboard.

With this keyboard, I am able to manipulate time and.....well.....mostly just time, I guess. :lol:

Now that almost everyone is ready, I will get us started on the second morning following your return.

Apologies for the lack of Market Day details so far, but it didn't seem like there was much interest initially, so I didn't press it too hard. Is Renna looking for anything specific? Or just out shopping?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#45 Post by Scott308 »

If we are leaving the next day, Crobeus will accompany Renna to see what the Market Day vendors have. He is not looking for anything specific, but if something were to catch his eye he might be interested in buying or at least looking for some unusual food items.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by gurusql »

Renna was just shopping since you put it out there. Nothing in particular just hoping to know what to expect. :D

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Am I ok to add caltrops to Pimlan's sheet? Or are they not ready currently?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by grokkngrognard »

Skratch will wander the market, hood up to hide her features as she looks for anyone selling marbles.

If available what is the cost for a big bag?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Market Day Finds

Walking around the Keep during Market Day is a treat that can't be experienced on any other day. The locals and merchants alike seem to revel in the action, with dozens of sellers calling out their wares as folks pass by.

Crobeus finds a few delicacies he's unfamiliar with, like lizard on a stick and insect kebabs. The paladin is treated with great respect by the law abiding folks, both locals and visitors alike. He also finds weapon and armor merchants, but realizes the quality of their wares are fairly average.

Skratch does indeed find a visiting glassblower who will sell her a bag of small round glass marbles for 1 gold coin.

Renna finds a few items that catch her eye, mostly brightly colored and fashionable clothing. She too thinks the weapons being sold are of average quality, and can find no magic items up for sale.

One thing that does catch the eyes of any visiting shoppers is a strange looking woman in the corner by the front gates. This woman has a massive beehive tied to her back that makes her look a bit like a tall two-legged crab carrying its shell-like home on its back. This woman sells locally produced honey in little glass jars shaped like a honeybear and always seems to have a few bees fluttering around her head as she speaks.

Once we conclude the shopping sprees, we can get this mission on track.

Scott308

#50 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

Intrigued by the unusual food offerings, the paladin can't decide so he gets both a lizard on a stick and an insect kebob! He notices Skratch eying the marbles. If it seems she is unable to pay the requested price, he will flip the glassblower a gold coin.

As they approach the front gate, Crobeus sees something that causes him to stop short. Grabbing Renna's arm, he quietly asks her, "That woman there- might that be the turtle person we saw when we first arrived at the keep?"
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna not finding an item that she cannot live without will not purchase anything this Market Day.

"Agree that is there is a strong resemblance."

Renna will walk up to the woman with the hive on her back and say, "Greetings! My name is Renna. I would like to hear the story behind your honey if you are willing to share. Do you only come to the Keep on Market Days or are you around more often?"

Link back to original description.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#52 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Love the link!

And I'm glad to see players paying attention. :mrgreen:

As the pair discuss the possibility of seeing this turtle person before, the decrepit old woman looks up from what she was doing, basically talking to her hand, where Renna sees a pair of bees walking around in a circle. She tosses the bees up into the air before she responds, waving for the inquisitive Crobeus to join them.

"Hello there dearies. Oh, I normally don't come around this much, but I have been here a lot lately, it seems. Would you like to buy some honey? It is the very best quality you will find, I assure you. I make it myself, you know."

She picks up one of her glass jars shaped like a little bear and is about to hand it to you when a tiny bumble bee lands on the top of her left ear. The woman stops for a moment, as if she is listening to what the bee has to say.

Actions?

If anyone else wants to "bee" around for this encounter, the more the merrier, I say. As long as the initial pair doesn't mind.

Scott308

#53 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

Crobeus walks over to the bee lady. He waits for the bee to stop talking to her before he replies. "Well, I would be missing out if I pass up this wonderful sounding honey! I'll happily take a jar."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

Seeing as they are staying an extra day...and not really in the mood to drink his pain away (yet), the Half-Orc wanders the marketplace...and seeing the bee-lady, slowly walks toward her where several of his companions seem to have gathered.
"How much for a bear jar of honey? Haven't had any in many weeks."
Winter is coming...

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna is also interested in the price, and Renna mentions, "I thought I might have seen you outside the Keep the first day arrived. But that person was far from me and I very much could be mistaken."

GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan "Hmm bees, do you do anything exciting with them? I'm sure you gather honey like most I've met. But do you do anything out of the ordinary with the bees or their honey?" the halfling asks sound excited.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The elderly Bee Lady seems pleased as punch to have so much interest in her honey, though she does seem a little concerned over the questions from the inquisitive halfling.

"What on Oerth do you mean by that question? I hope you aren't suggesting we do anything........immoral."

She looks to Renna next. "I was here recently, dearie. And I don't live far away, so it may have been me you saw, yes."

To those who inquired about her honey, she replies. "Oh I sell it for 10 silver coins. But that's only because it costs almost that much for the jars alone. I don't need to make much profit for myself, as I already have everything I need in life."

With the bee still sitting on her ear, she suddenly stops talking as her expression sours. "What do you mean one of them purposefully killed one of us?"

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan shakes his head "No no. Nothing like that. I meant like healing salves or something of that nature from the honey or the wax, or is that just a saying bees wax?" he shrugs not knowing enough about bees. "They have comb as well right? I dunno I just have heard things wasn't sure how true they were I mostly just eat honey. It's great on toast." he smiles.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Thank you! Here is a gold piece for a bottle for myself and one for my friend here." pointing to Dredd

1 gp subtracted

Scott308

#60 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

With a couple of his companions buying honey, the paladin doesn't feel a need to buy any more. He is, however, a bit confused by what the bee lady says. "Can you...talk...with them?"

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”