#161 Post by Marullus »

...mace?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [002] A Temple and a Tomb

#162 Post by shaidar »

Fergus

The warrior straps his old shield to his back "Unless someone wants to use this?"

Wendel

The wizard packs away the scrolls, "I'm getting a little full here, I don't suppose someone would mind carrying some of these oil flasks for me."

Sheets updated, Wendel is now using all his slots.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"Fergus, this armor doesn't fit me very well. Do you want to switch the armor for the shield?"

This would allow Ulfgar to continue to use his Scout ability I think.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by shaidar »

Fergus

"Sure, I'll swap."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Marullus »

"Sure, give em here," the stolid Naugrim replies to Wendel.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"Thanks Fergus."

Sheet updated.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by shaidar »

Wendel

The wizard passes Naugrim two flasks of oil.

\Fergus

The warrior happily packs away his leather armour and dons the chain mail.

Sheets updated.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by Eris »

Rex wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:59 am Ulfgar

"Fergus, this armor doesn't fit me very well. Do you want to switch the armor for the shield?"

This would allow Ulfgar to continue to use his Scout ability I think.
OOC: Yes, Leathers would work better for Scouting than Chainmail.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#169 Post by Eris »

OOC: Okay, you have four choices as to your next direction: north through the door with the key in the lock, south through the door that is locked but has no key in the lock, back out onto the dais and through the trap door there, or back out to the Nave and through the door in the Alcove you didn't explore. Or I guess you could try to leave the Temple entirely, but the Specters in the Vestibule (not to mention the Hobgoblins/Goblins outside) might have something to say about that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm...mace?
*Bump*

Naugrim nods to the Book of Ord on the desk. "Wendell, if we have the book that allows you to bypass the magical trap on the very thing that the desecrators were hoping to enter, then that seems the most important."
He tucks away Wendell's oil, but produces his last torch, giving it over to keep the light going.
(I don't remember who the torchbearer is, but I assume we have used a fair number of turns and this needs to be scratched off imminently.)

"We go down that tunnel," opines Willow from the doorway, "but we don't leave doors at our back. So we check these locked doors first and do that last."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by Eris »

Marullus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm
Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm...mace?
*Bump*

Naugrim nods to the Book of Ord on the desk. "Wendell, if we have the book that allows you to bypass the magical trap on the very thing that the desecrators were hoping to enter, then that seems the most important."
He tucks away Wendell's oil, but produces his last torch, giving it over to keep the light going.
(I don't remember who the torchbearer is, but I assume we have used a fair number of turns and this needs to be scratched off imminently.)

"We go down that tunnel," opines Willow from the doorway, "but we don't leave doors at our back. So we check these locked doors first and do that last."
OOC: Yeah, I was going to have you scratch off the first torch and put you in the dark as soon as you moved on, so lighting one now is smart. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

axis57
Strider
Strider

#172 Post by axis57 »

I'll open this one when the party is ready.

Orram pulls out his club in preparation for more skeletons.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

Ulgar moves over and if needed pulls out the keys.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by shaidar »

Fergus moves to join Ulfgar, ready at the door if anything jumps out at them,

Wendek nods at Willow "It makes sense to ensure that there are no surprises behind us before we move on. How about we try the door with the key first? It'll probably turn out to be a closet or something."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"The last closet we searched had some valuable items in it so I hope so."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Marullus »

Naugrim shrugs, deferring to Wendell on the matter.

(Looks like consensus for the door with the key hanging out of it! The Book of Ord trapdoor later, the hole in the floor last?)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

I think it is a good idea to check out everything on this level before going down.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#178 Post by Eris »

The party approaches the door on the north wall prepared for danger beyond. The key is turned and the door is opened.

It is dark inside this room, but as you enter with the torch you see you are entering a small living room. Your first impression is of long neglect. Everything is very dusty and there are cobwebs here and there. Looking around you see there is a couch against the western wall with a rug in front of it. A small dining table with four chairs is directly across from it near the eastern wall. A sideboard rests against the eastern wall with an untidy stack of dishes resting on the top. Between the couch and the table is a large area rug.

The north wall has a tall bookshelf against it with a pair of dusty armchairs in front of it. A tall candle holder stands between the chairs. The candle in the glass chimney is still there, but not lighted. Next to the bookshelf is another door, this one is partly open, but it is too dark to see what lies beyond.
Every last one of you feels uneasy in this room! Arm hairs rise, you feel cold, it even smells wrong in here...like death, but worse than that!

Something bad happened here, the evil still lingers, and something waits.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"Something is not good here. Ready your weapons."

Ulfgar will look everything over from the doorway, including the ceiling. Once satisfied it is clear he will move into the room very cautiously.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by shaidar »

Fergus

Hefts his shield, and stands sword ready. "I don't like this one bit"

Wendel

The wizard keeps his voice low and even "Give me a moment to prepare. I suggest everyone stay where they are for now and get ready. Once everyone is ready, I can try and summon an illumination onto an object which we can throw into the room."

He slowly moves back into the office and looks around for a small item for this light spell (something like a paperweight would be ideal).

Return to “Shadows in the Dark (Shadowdark)”