Character Generation

grokkngrognard
TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Generation

#21 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:00 pm
Think I need to look into a Thief option.
Hmmmmm, Halflings don't have Infravision.
To be honest, I have been playing online for years, in several different capacities in several different games. I think I could LITERALLY count on one hand the number of times infravision was actually used. And usually because the player forgot a light source!

Edit to add: Hey! Up above, Halflings have 30' darkvision!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by dmw71 »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:58 pm I am not finding any Fast Packs for equipment - I may be looking at the wrong ruleset... Is this Labyrinth Lord or Dragonslayer?
These are a Dragonslayer RPG thing, and, I'm guessing, not in the free preview. There are three to choose from per class.
Ye Olde Cleric Fast Pack
Pack 1: Ringmail and Shield (AC: 6), War Hammer (1d6), Club (1d6), Sling with 20 Stones (1d4), Backpack, Small Sacks (4), Holy Water, Holy Symbol, Chalk, Waterskin, Torches (8), Flint and Tinder, Rations (7), Quill, Parchment, and Ink (92gp).
Pack 2: Chainmail (AC: 5), Heavy Mace (1d8), Sling and 20 Stones (1d4), Backpack, Large Sacks (2), Holy Symbol, Crowbar, Waterskin, Torches (8), Flint and Tinder, Rations (7), 10’ Pole (97gp).
Pack 3: Studded Leather and Shield (AC: 6), Flail (1d6), Backpack, Large Sacks (4), Holy Water, Holy Symbol, Lantern, Flask of Oil (4), Waterskin, Rations (7) (70gp).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by gurusql »

I am a little confused on the two rule sets.

Hit Dice, Experience Charts and Starting gold are different in L&L and Dragonslayer. Which one should I follow?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Looks like we have a cleric so I will lean towards Ranger, but waiting to see details. I thought Dragonslayer but could be wrong. I have LL but just the free version of Dragonslayer which is not playable as it has no class details at all.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by grokkngrognard »

gurusql wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:12 am I am a little confused on the two rule sets.

Hit Dice, Experience Charts and Starting gold are different in L&L and Dragonslayer. Which one should I follow?
When in doubt, Dragonslayer.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by grokkngrognard »

Rex wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:19 am Looks like we have a cleric so I will lean towards Ranger, but waiting to see details. I thought Dragonslayer but could be wrong. I have LL but just the free version of Dragonslayer which is not playable as it has no class details at all.
I’m getting there, bud.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

No problem, take your time. I will be here.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by TheMyth »

grokkngrognard wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:21 pm
Rex wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:19 am Looks like we have a cleric so I will lean towards Ranger, but waiting to see details. I thought Dragonslayer but could be wrong. I have LL but just the free version of Dragonslayer which is not playable as it has no class details at all.
I’m getting there, bud.
Are you posting the class rules like you did the races?

If so, might I suggest to place them in a separate, locked thread for clearer reference.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by grokkngrognard »

TheMyth wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:59 pm Are you posting the class rules like you did the races?

If so, might I suggest to place them in a separate, locked thread for clearer reference.
I will be posting class rules.

I can do that. It's been on my mind to do so.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by gurusql »

For those of us that did not roll enough money for some of the fastpacks, can you please point me to the equipment table and I then I can meet your go plan. :D

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Edeldhur »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:58 pm I think I will keep it simple, and play an Elven Cleric of St. Ygg (Veridicus), and be the guardian of my companion's immortal souls :D

Eldrohir

Str 10
DEX 9+1=10
CON 10-1=9
INT 8
WIS 16
Cha 10

HP: 6/6
160 gold

I am not finding any Fast Packs for equipment - I may be looking at the wrong ruleset... Is this Labyrinth Lord or Dragonslayer?
Found them now (and thanks dmw71!) ;) Planning on going with:

Pack 2: Chainmail (AC: 5), Heavy Mace (1d8), Sling and 20 Stones (1d4), Backpack, Large Sacks (2), Holy Symbol, Crowbar, Waterskin, Torches (8), Flint and Tinder, Rations (7), 10’ Pole (97gp).

Can I swap Heavy Mace with a Mace and buy a Shield then (putting AC at 4)? Would mean total spent of 97-7+5+10=105gp for now. Looking at the rest of the gear.

Elf Racial Abilities

Movement: Elves have a speed of 40 feet per round.
Darkvision: Elves are accustomed to life under the stars and can see 60 feet in total darkness.
Detect Secret Doors: When elves pass near a secret door they receive a passive 1 on d6 chance to automatically detect due to their keen eyesight. When
actively searching, elves may detect hidden and secret doors on a roll of 1-2 on 1d6.
Racial Weapon: +1 to hit with the longbow.
Weapon Restrictions: Elves are too lithe to employ two-handed melee weapons.
Paralysis: Elves are immune to ghoul paralysis.
Sleep/Charm Immunity: Elves are 90% immune to Sleep and Charm spells.
Thief Skill Bonuses: Elven thieves receive bonuses to Pick Pockets +5%, Open Locks -5%, Move Silently +7%, Hide in Shadows +10%, Hear Noise +1 on d6.
Languages: Elves begin play knowing Elven and Common. They may select Ancient Common, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Orc, Goblin, Gnoll, as additional
languages if their Intelligence modifier permits.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by TheMyth »

Hey!

If "Elves are too lithe to employ two-handed melee weapons," does that mean no quarterstaff???

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by grokkngrognard »

TheMyth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:49 pm Hey!

If "Elves are too lithe to employ two-handed melee weapons," does that mean no quarterstaff???
Ignore it for the staff. Official handwave

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by TheMyth »

I think my character is ready for review....

I just have the backstory to write and a few tidbits here & there.

Dice rolls:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Can someone point me to equipment cost list we are using? With only 30gp I can't afford much.

Check out the new Equipment Lists thread.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by grokkngrognard »

TheMyth wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:19 am I think my character is ready for review....

I just have the backstory to write and a few tidbits here & there.
Approved. Please embed your character sheet to the Character Sheet thread.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by grokkngrognard »

Edeldhur wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:39 pm
Edeldhur wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:58 pm I think I will keep it simple, and play an Elven Cleric of St. Ygg (Veridicus), and be the guardian of my companion's immortal souls :D
Looks good and is approved. Fill out the fillable character sheet on the US Dice Roller site and then embed it within the Character Sheet thread.

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#38 Post by grokkngrognard »

Who else is done?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

I will wrap up my equipment later tonight and then I will be done. I will be a thief with no thief tools unless someone can loan me some coin.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:21 am I will wrap up my equipment later tonight and then I will be done. I will be a thief with no thief tools unless someone can loan me some coin.
I have some more equipment to buy, but can probably kick in 10gp.

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (Dragonslayer RPG)”