Chapter 1c: The Fountain Room

AleBelly
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Chapter 1c: The Fountain Room

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sully rubs his sore shoulder as Palmero looks over the rusty chainmail.

"Where are the others?"

"Have we lost this many already?"

My guys are willing to equip anything found that hasn't been claimed already.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by AleBelly »

Esited my previous post to note that the chain mail is dwarven size…not fit for human or elf.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by CAI4 »

Bilberta “Fancy seeing you all here! Found some stuff that may be of use” she holds up the swords and other items she comes decorated with. “Legless heroically perished for these, so do use them wisely in his honor”

Sisyphus eyes one of the swords Bilberta holds. “I’ve been looking for a weapon, hope you all don’t mind me taking a sword”

Margit will follow the tracks of what he believes to be Odlo to the left

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by AleBelly »

CAI4 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:03 am Bilberta “Fancy seeing you all here! Found some stuff that may be of use” she holds up the swords and other items she comes decorated with. “Legless heroically perished for these, so do use them wisely in his honor”

Sisyphus eyes one of the swords Bilberta holds. “I’ve been looking for a weapon, hope you all don’t mind me taking a sword”

Margit will follow the tracks of what he believes to be Odlo to the left
Just for clarification,
There is a club with a large hand attached to the end with twine (acts as club with 1d6 damage).
There are two short swords
Elves have an iron allergy so would be better for Sully to take the club.
Please add the short sword to Sisyphus' character sheet, leaving a single one left. Per earlier update, Bilberta will carry it if nobody wants it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#65 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Palmero

"This armor looks too small for me." ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Marullus »

Bobwhite continues ahead as well, though now remaining behind Yarnold and Wenceslas in shadow as they approach the dim light ahead. (Has Weceslas shuttered his own lantern or is he broadcasting?)

Rolf and Hailey are both relieved to find other party members behind the door. While the others check out the looted armory and greet each other, they both hurry ahead to see to the others now that the mysteries of this room are uncovered. They turn right and join Xerxes and Zygmund, Rolf bringing his torch to illuminate the downward passage.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Stirling »

(Has Weceslas shuttered his own lantern or is he broadcasting?)
figuring they may hear me clunking about before they see me, I will keep my lantern illuminated widely.

A more sneaky person is welcome to scout ahead mind, so don't let my lantern hold you back.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by AleBelly »

Yarnold inspects the top hat. He finds no receipts or other financial malfeasance, but he does see dried blood on the brim of the hat.

Duala inspects the top of the stairs rolls dice and finds no traps. Once they reach the top of the stairs, they see that they lead 10' down to a wooden door, thorough which is the only way forward.

I was hit with unexpected travel. Won't be able to update with a map until Friday night/Saturday morning. I have:

Going left towards the light:

Yarnold
Wenceslas
Margit
Bobwhite

Going right down the stairs and to door:
Xerxes
Zygmund
Baye
Ayre
Cotgric
Duala
Rolf
Hailey

I'll hold up the two groups to see which, if any, direction Rimilda, Wenyld, Bilberta, Palermo, Sully, Nordman, Sisyphus are going to go.
There is a short sword and rusty suit of dwarven chain mail that can be claimed by any of the characters as they all catch up.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by AleBelly »

Also please let me know if the party going right will open the door.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Rimilda, Wenyld, & Nordman

All 3 will go left towards the light.

Trying to keep the groups somewhat even in numbers.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by gurusql »

Ayre, Baye, Cotgric, Duala

Duala will examine the door looking for traps and then if she doesn't find any will take the rear position of the four.

Ayre will take the lead and open the door

Baye will follow Ayre holding her torch as he opens the door.

Cotgric will walk behind Baye holding his hammer

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sully and Palmero stay together, moving left towards the light behind the others.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Marullus »

Rolf and Hailey hold their torches as Ayre opens the door. They look for any signs, sigils, or marks on the door and surrounds.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by CAI4 »

Sisyphus and Bilberta will both head left in an attempt to even out the groups more

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by AleBelly »

Yarnold, Wenceslas, Margit, Bobwhite, Rimilda, Wenyld, Nordman, Sully, Palermo, Sisyphus, Bilberta go down the hall to the left, and their adventure continues in the original Chapter 1 thread.

Xerxes, Zygmund, Bayre, Ayre, Cotgric, Duala, Rolf, and Hailey carefully proceed down the stairs to the door. They check carefully for traps dice roll and find nothing unusual. They proceed to open the door. It creaks open on rusty hinges, brushing back cobwebs spun thick across the jamb; many years have passed since last the door was opened. Inside, it is dark and the faintest aroma of old cheese hangs in the room. Though obviously long abandoned, it appears this chamber once served as a kitchen. Two preparing tables dominate the room, and an old stone hearth sits cold in the corner to the left. Dozens of small shapes dangle from the ceiling wrapped in webs, each object being approximately the size of a human fist. The geometry of the webs here appear quite a bit different from the toad-spider monstrosities experienced earlier.

In the middle of the 15' x 15' room, hanging from a spike nailed into the ceiling, dilapidated, dusty, and web-covered burlap is wrapped around what appears to be a wheel of cheese, six feet or so off the ground.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by gurusql »

Ayre, Baye, Cotgric, Duala

Ayre will take the lead and open the door and then help Cotgric with the looking for anything hidden

Baye will follow Ayre holding her torch as he opens the door and examine the first of the small shapes dangling from the ceiling.

Cotgric will check out the old stone hearth, looking for anything hidden in the hearth.

Duala will get out a torch of her own and check out the examine likely wheel of cheese.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Marullus »

Rolf, not to be caught a second time, holds his torch aloft to burn away excess webs and check for hidden spiders.

Hailey pokes about to find what sort of kitchenware they have, as dwarven glassware and pots would be quite useful when this is all over...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Stirling »

Zygmund observes the room. To him it provokes thoughts of 'mouse trap'. Like a tempting morsel of food on a trap ready to spring. The webbed balls could just be balanced weights.

He hesitates, allowing others to check the room ahead if him, figuring that lesser known proverb, "the early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese".

Xerxes holds his shovel out to swing at a web in case it is a spider's nest and they need splattering before they open upon us.

Xerxes: swings his long shovel. [1d20+1]=2+1=3 [1d4+1]=3+1=4

Not very successfully

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by AleBelly »

Zygmund waits at the doorway while others explore the room. The floor, covered in a thick layer of dust, show only the light tracks of rodents...probably mice or small rats. Baye and Ayre examine the web-bound small shapes. Some of the more exposed ones show what appear to be rodent bones. Blue spiders, with bodies about the size of a human figure, skitter away as the webs are burned by Rolf and hacked by Xerxes. But no danger presents itself to the party.

Cotgric carefully examines the hearth for any hidden valuables, but finds only a few sparse webs and a couple long-dead blue spider carcasses. The hearth has not been used in ages.

Hailey rummages through the cupboards, but they are completely bare, just like the table. Whatever was stored here once is gone.

Duala examines the cheese wheel. Peculiarly, it does appear to be a hard cheese, still preserved. No sign of mold or decay is evident by sight or smell. A small door, probably meant for dwarves, is seen in the far left corner of the room the party entered. No other signs of egress are noted, except by the door through which they party entered.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Marullus »

"Don't touch it," says Hailey. They took every pot and pan but left the cheese? That's bait and this is a trap."

Rolf continues to burn the rat cocoons and spiders.

Return to “The Would-Be Heroes of Clearwater (DCC)”