Re: OOC Chat

#41 Post by AleBelly »

No problem. Take your time!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by AleBelly »

Question on spells - I don't think I see the spot on the character sheet for listing known spells through apprenticeship. Is there a preferred field for this?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Keehnelf »

That’s actually the worst limitation of that sheet. You can go ahead and add a new Google doc or Google sheet specifically to capture those.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by AleBelly »

Keehnelf wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:07 pm

The grogs at Verdant Springs have landscaping ability of 10+

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Keehnelf »

Haven't heard from Enoch in a bit, so my goal will be to start the next Season/Story with Arduin as the focus character soonish. The key question is:

-Will Arduin have a goal that requires Adventure(TM) beyond the Covenant's grounds in Summer 1221?

Or

-Does Arduin want to spend some time focused on research/study/etc. before launching out on an adventure? (this would give us a time skip of some duration that we could collectively determine)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by AleBelly »

Sorry been traveling but I plan to post tonight or Saturday.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Keehnelf »

Do you want me to reopen the seasonal thread or do you mean here?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Grognardsw »

With Arrivals closed, is there 1) to be a new thread for Arduin and a companion? 2) If not, do Arduin’s secondary sub-plots get played out somewhere; 3) If Cugel wants to pursue a books-recovery quest (with Bran?) where/when is that done?

Thanks!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Keehnelf »

Once there’s a decision about when Arduin will have an adventure, I’ll make a thread. Companions aren’t focus characters so Cugel would be expected to show up as an actor in threads for Bran or Enoch/Zhym’s magi if they show for it.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Keehnelf »

Keehnelf wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:30 pm Haven't heard from Enoch in a bit, so my goal will be to start the next Season/Story with Arduin as the focus character soonish. The key question is:

-Will Arduin have a goal that requires Adventure(TM) beyond the Covenant's grounds in Summer 1221?

Or

-Does Arduin want to spend some time focused on research/study/etc. before launching out on an adventure? (this would give us a time skip of some duration that we could collectively determine)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Grognardsw »

If Vestius opens the recovery of Salvatus books and paraphrenalia to other magi in the Covenant, and one of those book(s) is useful in Arduin's planned studies, then Arduin would go questing for it. Assuming, that is, a civilized milieu, not a dungeon, ruins, or underground anything, which the magus disdains.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Keehnelf »

The bounty to expand the library is open to any magi or allies of the Covenant. There are a wide range of places one could find such texts--the most common being the libraries of other Covenants, where one would be expected to trade items of value or favors for the right to scribe a copy of such a text, or more substantial items or favors to obtain the original for their own use. Less commonly, one might find texts like these held in mundane collections by folks who don't know (or only suspect) their true nature, or in places once occupied by magi that have since become dangerous for some reason (such as being overwhelmed by a supernatural force of some kind that is hostile to magi).

The first step in a process like that, no matter where it led, would be determine what kind of book you're looking for (what Art) and then do some lead-hunting to try and find a trail to follow. Depending on the power of the book (level 15+ in an Art), such a journey might take up multiple story-seasons (spaced out), so one season would be following the clues to find the definitive location, and a later season mounting the expedition to go get it. Lesser books might allow for one to locate and travel to its location, with any added seasons being possible copying time if that's the result.

So...I guess the first question is, what Art of book is Arduin looking for (the Covenant needs ALL the Arts currently, so none is strictly better than the others), and to qualify for the bounty it would need to be Level 11+ but you could aim for any rough power level (11-15, 16-20, or 21+--which would be fairly legendary).

Let me know what you're after, and I'll set the stage and we can get Companion and Grog(s) on board too.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by AleBelly »

Keehnelf wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:24 pm Do you want me to reopen the seasonal thread or do you mean here?
I'd be happy to role play it, but don't need to necessarily. I will finalize Bran's spells this weekend too. I had started writing them down in a notebook at home but lost it. :(

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Keehnelf »

I unlocked that thread so we can add to it if desired, when you have time!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by AleBelly »

Keehnelf wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:27 pm It sounds like there is no other business to be done here, so Bran can apply 5xp to any combination of abilities that would have been relevant to his journey from Ireland, and any of the following Arts (assuming he would have begun perusing the notebooks while it was still Spring): Animal, Herbam, Intellego. AleBelly, feel free to use the OOC channel to indicate where you decided to allocate those points.

This thread is now closed.
Just to make sure I understand, Bran gets 5xp total to spread across arts and/or abilities? And just to better understand the game mechanics (I looked through the experience and advancement section) is this 5xp from adventure or elsewhere?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, across any abilities that feel relevant to his journey to Verdant Springs.

And this is xp from Adventure (such as it is at this stage--it'll get more involved, I promise!)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by AleBelly »

Sounds good - Bran has applied his 5xp to the art of herbam, having been intrigued by such on his travels through the different biomes. I think that gives him level 2 with 2xp left over.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry for delay, all--life has been a bit hectic with my partner going in for surgery tomorrow and all the prep for a board meeting tonight right ahead of it! Will be back on track with a summer launch post maybe tomorrow night.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Grognardsw »

Like wine, there will be no game before its time

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by AleBelly »

Hope all is well with your partner!