Grokkngrognard Looking To Play A Game

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

Grokkngrognard Looking To Play A Game

#1 Post by grokkngrognard »

Old Skool gamer looking to play in a basic meat and potatoes OSR or similar type game. My interests run toward B/X, S&W, LL, OSRIC, these sort of games. Don’t care for anything crunchier than these. If I do it’s because I’ve got the fever for the flavor of playing such a game.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Grokkngrognard Looking To Play A Game

#2 Post by Rex »

Check out Spearmint’s Barrowmaze game, he is always accepting players. Also Ogre Mage might be accepting players in his Return to the Border Lands game. We also just started up a Basic type game that might take another player.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Leitz »

Check out the introduction to B/X hacked with Chainmail, that's about as old skool as you can get! We're in the middle of adding one player, and the rules are pretty light.

Here's the game in play.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by TheMyth »

grokkngrognard wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:07 pm Old Skool gamer looking to play in a basic meat and potatoes OSR or similar type game. My interests run toward B/X, S&W, LL, OSRIC, these sort of games. Don’t care for anything crunchier than these. If I do it’s because I’ve got the fever for the flavor of playing such a game.
I am running an Old School Essentials game, which is essentially a cleaned up B/X. But I have quite a few house rules. Right now the players are in a bog-standard dungeon crawl, but there will be moments of roleplay now & again.

Check us out here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=1491

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Alos, a good option is to look at some games and if they interest you just PM the person running the game. Sometimes they have room for another player, other times they can put you on a wait list.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

^^^^^The post above is a great idea, and has worked well in the past!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

All DMs are NOT created equally! :lol:

Not all players have the same desires or expectations.

Rex (and Ron) speaks the truth. There are a several games running here touted as old school that aren’t even close to the real deal.

If you want to find a game that fits your style of play, the best thing you can do is to take the time to read through a few scenarios of different games. Once you find something you like, send the DM a message. If they have a place for you, you'd be starting out where you want to be instead of investing time in a game you aren’t necessarily in love with.

I hope that makes sense. :lol:

Return to “Looking for players or games”