Game Thread - Amondiage Day 1

Hvalreki
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Game Thread - Amondiage Day 1

#21 Post by Thumper »

Well, offices all closing shop. I can’t think of much to do but plan then enjoy a night out. You? I for one have been sleeping for a week. I’ll be up a while before I can sleep again. Circadian’s bit flipped right now. We can explore this city, or…

He shows his hand computer’s map to everybody….

We’re not far from a lake or ocean. I might wanna go to the beach. I’ll figure that out during dinner. I got the first round.

Teddy, we’re following you to a hotel to stash our stuff…

He looks at his bag in one hand and a surf board in the other.

Jako, find us an, uh, eating establishment… just make sure it’s to a place where we can get more than a liquid dinner! Piotr, a place to talk.

Ty will follow Becky…just ‘cause he admires the view.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by subaltari »

Hvalreki wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:44 am
subaltari wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 amGabe Garcia: Amondiage Starport
"Hola. I have no non-lethals but I have this," and flips open a dull metal multi-tool, displaying its pliers, a short (6 cm) blade, and other attachments in a non-threatening manner.
The inspector takes out a monocle and spends several moments intently examining the multi-tool and opening and closing all the various attachments. "Well, I don't like that blade, but it's in a grey area. I'll let you hang onto it. Best keep it out of sight, wouldn't want any trouble."
Gabe's mood brightens; his first brush with red tape in a Dictatorship actually went his way! "Thanks mang, nice lens by the way." He smiles at the officer, leaving him with the large sealed case containing Gabe's prohibited items (ballistic cloth bodysuit, sword, and gun rig). He folds up the multitool and pockets it as he clears the way for the next person in line, perhaps Ted.

Thumper wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 pmWell, offices all closing shop. I can’t think of much to do but plan then enjoy a night out. You? I for one have been sleeping for a week. I’ll be up a while before I can sleep again. Circadian’s bit flipped right now. We can explore this city, or…

Jako, find us an, uh, eating establishment… just make sure it’s to a place where we can get more than a liquid dinner! Piotr, a place to talk.
As if on cue Gabe's stomach rumbles, loud enough to be heard over the din of the Starport concourse behind the group. "Yeah, only thing we ate is a protein bar in what, sixteen weeks?" He glances at Ty. "Or was it 17?"
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Eris »

"So, no Traveller's Aid Society? Anybody?", shrugging Jako pulls out his hand computer and starts looking for a mid priced restaurant where he can book a private room that is in walking distance of the Star Port.

He says to the others, "I'm looking for a mid-priced restaurant where we can book a private room near here. Any preferences on type of food?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by subaltari »

Eris wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:37 pm "So, no Traveller's Aid Society? Anybody?"
We'll see if Piotr (AleBelly) sounds off, once he's able to post. :)
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Thumper »

subaltari wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 pm
When the HEC agent says "abuse may result," Gabe looks up to make eye contact with Piotr or Easy, unless one of the others meets his glance first. "Expenses... so whassat mean. Like hotels and chow, but no buying toys wit this?" he asks softly as he holds up his card.
Ty hears him and whispers:

It means, the first 10k is spending money. Replenish your card by submitting a reimbursement voucher to the bank here. Stuff HeC pays for, HeC has a right to retain when this job is all done. So, don’t get too attached to your purchases. The secret is, buy good stuff. Wear it, sweat on it, customize, and put wear and tear on it so it won’t be attractive and the company’s REMF loggies won’t want it. You may get to keep it…leave it looking or smelling too new, not a chance!

Don’t live too cheap, bro! Spend that 10k then get 10k more. Then do it again as needed every month when we’re gonna have bank access. Ya don’t have to live too cheaply…the company is paying your way. And get some good gear. Just don’t go too crazy and blow out your allowance.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by AleBelly »

Eris wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:37 pm "So, no Traveller's Aid Society? Anybody?", shrugging Jako pulls out his hand computer and starts looking for a mid priced restaurant where he can book a private room that is in walking distance of the Star Port.

He says to the others, "I'm looking for a mid-priced restaurant where we can book a private room near here. Any preferences on type of food?"
Piotr speaks after (quite a) bit of internal dialog. "I'm a member of the Society." He is speaking to the group, but looks at Ty and Jako. "And I fully intend to remain one. We only go if you all promise to be on your best behavior. And if you're not, I'll drag you out by your ear before any of their staff."

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Thumper »

“Really dude? That kinda hurts!”

His serious look breaks composure and stretches into a wide grin…

“Good place to eat and talk privately…if they let us in.”
Last edited by Thumper on Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Gorethirster »

Ted's brain, frozen slush it is, still picks up the tone in Piotr's voice. He starts to snarl something uncharitable about Piotr's heritage before the deep frozen critical thinking parts kick in and he remembers that 1: Piotr is on his team and 2: he's also being offered a meal. Never one to turn down free food, Ted rearranges his half-started insult into a disconsolate grumble.

"It's good one of us got on someone's good side. If not for that I'd suspect we'd all been deported with a fancy story to keep us from coming back."

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by TheMyth »

"Good," Becky says as she hefts her bags. "Let's get food and lodging settled, then we can get a lay of the land for The Boss at Hortalez," she says loud enough for any prying ears to hear.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Eris »

AleBelly wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:13 am
Eris wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:37 pm "So, no Traveller's Aid Society? Anybody?", shrugging Jako pulls out his hand computer and starts looking for a mid priced restaurant where he can book a private room that is in walking distance of the Star Port.

Piotr speaks after (quite a) bit of internal dialog. "I'm a member of the Society." He is speaking to the group, but looks at Ty and Jako. "And I fully intend to remain one. We only go if you all promise to be on your best behavior. And if you're not, I'll drag you out by your ear before any of their staff."
Jako grins, "I'm casual, not rowdy, and Scouts *do* know how to be diplomatic when we want to be."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Eris »

Gorethirster wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:44 am Ted's brain, frozen slush it is, still picks up the tone in Piotr's voice. He starts to snarl something uncharitable about Piotr's heritage before the deep frozen critical thinking parts kick in and he remembers that 1: Piotr is on his team and 2: he's also being offered a meal. Never one to turn down free food, Ted rearranges his half-started insult into a disconsolate grumble.

"It's good one of us got on someone's good side. If not for that I'd suspect we'd all been deported with a fancy story to keep us from coming back."
"Yeah, probably isn't all that far from the truth, though." Jako chuckles then adds seriously, "H&C want their goods back, I doubt they really care whether we make it back or not."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Amondiage Day 1 Outside the Starport

#32 Post by Hvalreki »

After clearing local customs, an information holo quickly provides the group directions to the Amondiage brach of the Travellers Aid Society appx. 1.4 km away.

After months of inactivity the group decides to walk and shake off the last effects of a long bout of reefer-sleep.

The area outside the hub-transfer zone is busy with people and traffic moving along in an orderly bustle. Smartly uniformed gendarmes with sidearms and white gloves direct movements at crowded intersections.

The central city itself is visible from the starport and impressive in scale and architecture. Wide transit ways lead to Arcology spires dotting the landscape and traffic above and below is constant.

Arriving at the Travellers Aid Society, Piotr arranges lodgings for him and his guests and sets up a hearty private dinner.

The quality of the food is really quite amazing compared to the usual fare at a TAS hotel (which is normally quite good).

After a solid 90 minutes spent mostly eating and unwiding, they finish off their desserts, gather coffee, tea and other libations and settle in to make plans for what to do next.

(Please Post in the the Travellers Aid Society Lounge to plan determine next steps).

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Thumper »

After changing into his HeC uniform, Ty waits for others who stated they wanted to go with him back to the starport and speak with a customs & immigration officer. Then he leads the way there.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:06 am After changing into his HeC uniform, Ty waits for others who stated they wanted to go with him back to the starport and speak with a customs & immigration officer. Then he leads the way there.
Jako joins Ty, in uniform.

"I'm not a fan of uniforms." Jako grumbles and then grins, "Of course, Hawaiian shirts and kaki cargo pants are sort of a uniform, too."

"So, Ty, how you plan to handle this? Go into Starport Authority and give 'em the line that Hortense sent us out here to repo Perfect Stanger, and ask for their assistance in locating her?" Jako asks as the group walks back into the Star Port.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Thumper »

Eris wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:57 am
"I'm not a fan of uniforms." Jako grumbles and then grins, "Of course, Hawaiian shirts and kaki cargo pants are sort of a uniform, too."

"So, Ty, how you plan to handle this? Go into Starport Authority and give 'em the line that Hortense sent us out here to repo Perfect Stanger, and ask for their assistance in locating her?" Jako asks as the group walks back into the Star Port.
Yup Jacko, ya got that right. The direct approach. But first, ya gotta appeal to these bureaucratic type’s sense of positional self-importance. Then ya gotta make them personally feel exalted. Then ya can ask directly. They’re the same everywhere.

Kinda like a dog…scratch their tummy a little bit. Once they think you’re a friend, they’ll do stuff for you.

Upon arrival at the Starport, he’ll ask to speak the customs and/or immigration officer or supervisor on duty. ”Official Business”

If he can obtain an audience, he’ll start: “Sir, my name’s Ty Spicoli. My colleagues are Jacko Jackowitz, Gabe Garcia, Piotr Orlov, Becky Rogers, Easy Schmidt,and Ted Kelly (as many as came to the starport). We’re employed by the Imperial company Hortalez et Cie. Someone in your position may be familiar with the company. We arrived on Amondiage just this afternoon with a mission from our employer which, for all we know, may be urgent. Our bonafides are contained on these cards, if you want to verify.

First, can I just say how refreshing it is to spend time on such a peaceful planet. Everybody we’ve met so far on Amondiage are kind and helpful. Under El Generalissimo, you’ve got a great thing going as a society. Lots of planets claim law and order, but few truly live up to their aspirations. From what we saw, part of Amondiage’s success starts right here with your Customs and immigration greeting to new-comers.

Anyway, I know you’re a busy person with important things to do. But if you have a few minutes to indulge us, can we run something by you to see if information important to us, and perhaps a troubled ships crew, is easily available in your records? Maybe humor me for a minute?

You see, our employer is a starship financier. It appears one of their, er I guess our, client ship operators has run into some sort of trouble…probably shortly after departing Amondiage.

Apparently, business was fine plying between Imperial Space and the Rift Cluster. Ship debt payments were reliable. Never a one missed. A very reliable client.

But a few months ago, the bodies of two crewmen who served aboard the Type R Subsidized Trader were shipped back to Imperial Space under a repatriation bond…shipped back from Amondiage. Nearly simultaneously, the payments on the ship stopped Curious and troubling. We have no indication if they passed away here or the remains were first shipped to Amondiage then forwarded on.

Hortalez et Cie has sent us to try to assist that owner/operator and his crew. The company wants to support such a reliable client. If the worst has befallen them and they are beyond our help, we are to retrieve the ship so lawful resolution of the legal financial matters can, like, occur.

The Perfect Stranger with this list of crew names were last known by us to have departed Amondiage on or about (he’ll state the date he found). We would be indebted to you, sir, if there is a quick way for you to verify whether all the crew emigrated Amondiage when the ship departed? Perhaps you could also discover where The Perfect Stranger intended to go next?

I know the date is old and data probably gets archived after a certain passage of time. I also figure the flight plan has probably been archived by now, and we need to visit the Admin offices in the morning to get all the details. But we ran across a departure date for the ship in the Starport public records and wondered if you could possibly retrieve even a little more data on the ship and crew’s departure than we could find. Of course, we’ll go to Admin in the morning to get more details; but is there anything further you could tell us. If it’s within your power and you would spent a couple minutes looking up any info still available in your registries, we would be grateful.

This could allow to start planning our next step in the search and possibly rescue operation. Time really is of necessity here for the welfare of the surviving crew…even after these months. Any bit of information would be much appreciated. Could also be rewarded with a cold drink or two after duty hours…

Applying all his intelligence to his Admin and/or streetwise experience
Last edited by Thumper on Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Eris »

Jako has seldom seen fertilizer piled so high and spread so smoothly! He stands in awe of Ty's elegant discourse. It's all he can do to keep his jaw from dropping or letting out a howl of laughter...but no, the least he can do is stand there and look serious and inoffensive while the Master is at work.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by AleBelly »

Piotr, having joined the journey to the starport, smiles at Ty's elocution and awaits the response.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Hvalreki »

The bureacrat frowns as he surveys the Travellers. He listens silently through Ty's monologue and lets out a heavy sigh at the end.

"Well, it's highly irregular. The Port Authority is closed you know, open in the morning, during business hours.

Buut, I'm about to go off shift soon so why not. Let me see what I can find."

He types continuously for the next 15 minutes, humming and ahhing as he works. Finally he stops typing and looks up.

“Let’s see, Imperial registry, Type R… ah, here it is. Perfect Stranger, filed a plan for the local cluster; Acadie, Colchis then New Home.”

The date of the flight plan corresponds to a few weeks before the bodies were shipped from Amondiage back to Imperial space.

Result non-committal +1 Admin skill applied = 8 Interested

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Thumper »

Ty:

Wow! Thanks for dredging up that archived data. Acadie, Colchise, New Holm. And the crew? Did they all depart Amondiage? Can you see a crew manifest or your emigration records? We really do owe you a couple drinks tonight!

Acadie is Amondiage’s colony. I assume your banking systems work there?

After the agent’s response:

You don’t happen to show any ships scheduled to depart for Acadia soon, do you?
Last edited by Thumper on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Eris »

Standing behind Ty, Jako is surprised, but delighted when the bureaucrat shows him the flight plan.

"Damn! It worked!" Jako mutters to himself as he pulls out his hand computer and starts a search for ships jumping for Acadie and taking on passengers.

Once the search has started, Jako starts another for banks in the Local Cluster that have branches on Amondiage, Acadia, Colchise, New Holm. He will want to convert the cash he brought with him to local currency and put most of it on a local bank's card tomorrow.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”