Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

Hvalreki
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

#101 Post by Thumper »

I do. All Ty’s remaining credits! And his laser carbine…and his Scout Ship!! Ha ha! 🤣

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by Hvalreki »

Laser carbine you could bring with you , it's only 8KG and max limit was 10kg for the cold passage.
Just a reminder to everyone to list your gear on your character post if you posted it elsewhere just so I can keep track.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by Thumper »

Figured that weapon would be verboten on transit, but I’ll take it. Had to get rid of other little things to get under weight budget.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:14 am Figured that weapon would be verboten on transit, but I’ll take it. Had to get rid of other little things to get under weight budget.
For travel between worlds no problem hauling weapons. Amondiage won't let you take it, (or any weapons and armor) out of the customs secure area of the starport however.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by Eris »

Hvalreki, may have posted this, but I don't remember.

IYTU, ships can jump to empty hexes, then if they have the fuel jump again, right? That's how Perfect Stranger got to the Island's Cluster, yes?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by Thumper »

Yes…the Perfect Stranger carries four extra fuel tanks in its cargo hold that permit 4 jumps in addition to the normal fuel load. That’s how the ship WAS configured. If the missing crew changed that, IIS and HeC don’t know about the change.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 pm Hvalreki, may have posted this, but I don't remember.

IYTU, ships can jump to empty hexes, then if they have the fuel jump again, right? That's how Perfect Stranger got to the Island's Cluster, yes?
Yes the briefing was "amended" to include the Type S/ Rift specs now in the library data.

Type R Subsidized Merchant - Rift Variant

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Hvalreki »

Hi all, the Myth (Becky) is dropping out of the game, wish him the best and hope to game again someday. Let me know the general consensus on Becky. Since it's early I could imagineer her out or keep her on as an NPC moving along with the group but not "dramatis personae" and more in the background.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Thumper »

Sorry to se him go. He sounded like a colorful player!

I always appreciated an NPC Avenue to interject information into the party when I GM. If you want to keep that, I’m ok. If you don’t, that’s ok too.

As the party lacks an engineer, and we’re searching for and ostensibly going to operate a ship, perhaps adding a personal developmental skill of Engineer to Becky would fill a critical gap in party credibility? She’s got the EDU for it…

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#110 Post by subaltari »

TheMyth wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:52 amIt sounds like most of us have been rpg-ing for years
Sorry to see you go, TheMyth. I hope we'll get to play together elsewhere on US.

I vote for either:
1) Becky is an NPC with her Elect, Nav or Med skill retrofitted to Engineering-1 to round out our shipboard crew (good call Thumper)
2) She forfeits her HeC contract, quits the group and seeks her own fortune in the Islands Cluster (maybe she didn't like being the only female in a crew of predominantly older and ill-mannered men? :lol:)
Last edited by subaltari on Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#111 Post by subaltari »

Thumper wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:13 pm I do. All Ty’s remaining credits! And his laser carbine…and his Scout Ship!! Ha ha! 🤣
Gabe has no ship and only 3,600 credits to his name, so carries it all with him, in whatever form is solvent in the Islands Cluster. If you can take him, you can take everything he has. 8-)
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch

Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#112 Post by Gorethirster »

Do we want to start a new thread for the Ted/Gabe pub crawl? Or should I play that out in the day 1 thread?

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by Hvalreki »

That may be a good call, I'll start an Amondiage Evening thread

Gorethirster
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#114 Post by Gorethirster »

Sorry I took so long to get something in the pub crawl thread. Real life obligations insisted on eating up my spare time.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#115 Post by Hvalreki »

No worries, I’m traveling for work this weekend so a little behind myself. Cheers!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#116 Post by subaltari »

Eris wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:17 amOn the way to the ship, Jako posts to all the others,
"...Bay 27, Divine Intervention meet us there!"
Being that Gabe is a bit of a bonehead (not to mention poor!), he didn't bother to get a Hand Comp. Hval, shall we assume that his TL10 comm unit has basic smartphone features? Or that HeC supplied us with some cheap 'burner phones' for routine calling and texting?

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by Hvalreki »

To keep myself sane I'm handwaving TL 12 comm dots for the entire team.

10Km range as long as there is a sat network to bounce off of. 2km if not and considerably less if underground or in areas difficult for transmissions. Comms are encrypted but encryption can be broken with sufficient skill or tech.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#118 Post by subaltari »

Hvalreki wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:18 amTo keep myself sane I'm handwaving TL 12 comm dots for the entire team.
combadges.jpg
combadges.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 112 times

Huzzah!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#119 Post by subaltari »

Hvalreki wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:48 am 2 x 500 ton heavy freighters
Divine Intervention
Beluga
I don't suppose there are deck plans available for this, Hval?
In CT terms, a 500t Heavy Freighter sounds like a "non-standard design."
I imagine we could use Type R plans with a longer cargo deck, if push came to shove.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#120 Post by Hvalreki »

subaltari wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:45 pm
Hvalreki wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:18 amTo keep myself sane I'm handwaving TL 12 comm dots for the entire team.
combadges.jpg

Huzzah!
:D

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”