Ranger
Ranger

Re: Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

#121 Post by Hvalreki »

subaltari wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:09 pm
Hvalreki wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:48 am 2 x 500 ton heavy freighters
Divine Intervention
Beluga
I don't suppose there are deck plans available for this, Hval?
In CT terms, a 500t Heavy Freighter sounds like a "non-standard design."
I imagine we could use Type R plans with a longer cargo deck, if push came to shove.
Picture yes but deckpans no..

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#122 Post by subaltari »

She's adorable!

I guess that bump at the prow (and just to port of center) is where we'll be spending the next week or two. Breathing plenty of its cannabis laden atmosphere. :lorcl:
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by Thumper »

A little bit of Americana for my British brothers…

The teenage Ty:

https://youtu.be/uWiYphJUS7Q?feature=shared

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#124 Post by subaltari »

A classic.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by Thumper »

Travellers -

1. You have an offer of transport to Acadie leaving tomorrow on the Divine Intervention. The "Pilots" share the info with the team, what's the consensus?

2. The Pub Crawlers have a breakfast meeting at the TAS with Bartender

3. Easy is waiting for the Coroner's office to open.

I will start Day 2 once I hear back on point 1
Here are my thoughts: the task to which we committed is retrieving the Perfect Stranger in order to secure and deliver the data cores. There ma be some information to be gleaned here on Amondiage, and we have a self-interest in establishing local banking. But the ship is not here and we have picked up its scent. Waiting another 5-days to follow that scent in order to thoroughly gather data doesn’t seem to support our mission objective.

Therefore, Ty is trying to negotiate for a noon show time for transport to the next planet on the Perfect Strangers’ flight plan…hoping indeed, the flight plan was actually followed. It seems probable that it was since Acedie is Amondiage’s colony, and considering the Perfect Stranger was masquerading as just a trader…wouldn’t want to I necessarily highlight oneself by deviating.

I propose we spend the overnight hours and morning hours gathering info what we can, banking, and shopping then begin the pursuit of our ship. We can always delay a bit longer, reverse course if our initial Intel gathering indicates a need to remain longer, or we could split the party.

Plan to show for transport at noon and flex if we need to?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by Eris »

It has been many months since whatever went down went down, so speed might seem to be unimportant. I say might because, being paranoid, I figure us asking about Perfect Stranger here, now, is going to set things in motion. We may well need to stay ahead of whatever those things are.

We learned Perfect Stranger jumped from Amondiage for Arcadie. Dead bodies were sent back from here on Amondiage, so it's reasonable to assume they were sent here from Amondiage's colony, Arcadie. Why else would they be sent to Amondiage? We need to go to Arcadie and the sooner the better!

Jako, being young and inexperienced, is going to make a stupid suggestion...we split the party.

Some of us take Divine Intervention to Arcadie while the rest pursue leads here for a few days. The second group can take the next ship arriving about a week after the first group.

Do I, the player, think this is a good idea? Nope, I think we all should head for Arcadie now, but I made a roll to see if Jako would make the suggestion and he failed his save. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by Eris »

Oh, a question for Hvalreki. Can we use the Traveller Map to get information on Arcadie, like it's UWP, or is Traveller Map off limits?

I've held off on consulting that aid, but Jako would try to gather *some* info on Arcadie before heading there.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Spearmint »

But the ship is not here and we have picked up its scent. Waiting another 5-days to follow that scent in order to thoroughly gather data doesn’t seem to support our mission objective.
I would be fine us all boarding for Arcadie at midday and use the morning to conclude any other preliminary Amondiage business.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#129 Post by Hvalreki »

Eris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:18 pm Oh, a question for Hvalreki. Can we use the Traveller Map to get information on Arcadie, like it's UWP, or is Traveller Map off limits?

I've held off on consulting that aid, but Jako would try to gather *some* info on Arcadie before heading there.
The Traveller Map is fine but try not to peek too much into the worldlinks. I'm not sure what's posted there and am trying to avoid any spoilers.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by Hvalreki »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:03 pm
But the ship is not here and we have picked up its scent. Waiting another 5-days to follow that scent in order to thoroughly gather data doesn’t seem to support our mission objective.
I would be fine us all boarding for Arcadie at midday and use the morning to conclude any other preliminary Amondiage business.
The Divine Intervention is anxious to leave but you can get in a morning activity.

ie. Breakfast for the pub crawlers, Coroner visit for Easy and shopping for them or anyone else. Unless I hear otherwise I'm going with the 1500 per person except for Piotr who rides for free but is working. The team eats what the crew eats (call it Mid-passage fare). There are 2 staterooms with 2 bunks that can be used for hot racking or there is enough room in the cargo bay to string some hammocks (if you don't mid the goats.)

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by Thumper »

Ty is used to cramped Scout quarters. He’ll hot bunk.

Even should Ty hear about breakfast with Vargr, he won’t want to join in and risk chasing him away or preventing Frank discussion. But he will hang nearby in case he’s needed.

With having to pay 1,500cr for passage, he’ll put it on the card. That will preclude him from purchasing a vacc suit here on the company’s dime so he’ll go shopping for the list below (at or near the starport).

Inertial Locatir- 1200cr
Light intensifying Goggles- 500cr
IR Goggles- 500cr
Electric Torch- 10cr
Cold light Lantern- 20cr
Radiation Detector- 250cr
Shotgun Michrophone-300cr (I want to play with this…)
Electronics Toolkit- 2,000cr (since he can get TL12 tools/parts here)

Total spent: 6300 (shopping, passage, TAS)= 3,700 - 400 Walking cash= 2,900 card balance
He’ll get breakfast at the starport then be at the bank offices at opening.

At the banks in the morning, he’ll inquire where in the cluster they have branches or networked banks so he could access any funds deposited here. Where are withdrawals impossible?

If there’s still time, he’ll join Piotr in investigating the Scout Ship and Yacht.
Last edited by Thumper on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by AleBelly »

Piotr is still interested in visiting the two shady ships in port before leaving on the craft to question the crew (and potentially buy information from them).

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by AleBelly »

One other question - weapons/armor are forbidden in Amondiage. Is this also true for our destination, it being an Amondiagian colony?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by Eris »

Hvalreki wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:23 am
Eris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:18 pm Oh, a question for Hvalreki. Can we use the Traveller Map to get information on Arcadie, like it's UWP, or is Traveller Map off limits?

The Traveller Map is fine but try not to peek too much into the worldlinks. I'm not sure what's posted there and am trying to avoid any spoilers.
Okay, I really only want to look at UWP's anyway.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#135 Post by Hvalreki »

AleBelly wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:41 am One other question - weapons/armor are forbidden in Amondiage. Is this also true for our destination, it being an Amondiagian colony?
Acadie has a different Law Level, less restrictive than Amondiage

Universal World Profile - UWP

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#136 Post by subaltari »

Hvalreki wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:58 amAcadie has a different Law Level, less restrictive than Amondiage

Universal World Profile - UWP
Since this is the OOC area, shouldn't we just post it here? ;)
Acadie UWP.PNG
Acadie UWP.PNG (14.8 KiB) Viewed 128 times

Thumper wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:49 am Even should Ty hear about breakfast with Vargr, he won’t want to join in and risk chasing him away or preventing Frank discussion. But he will hang nearby in case he’s needed.
I think it would be good to have someone present from those who'd spent the evening investigating the Perfect Stranger. Ty would be welcome, as long as he can talk a bit less than he's used to doing. :P (My PC doesn't care who shows up for breakfast, as long as we all maintain some semblance of OPSEC, i.e., Be Cool!)

When it comes to Travelling on the freighter Gabe expects something for his Cr1500, but of course he's slept in worse places than a cargo hold or even a goat pen.

Buying camping gear for a week on a starship, hmm... and I'm again reminded there are virtually no old school RPGs that have "bedroll" on the price list!

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Hvalreki »

subaltari wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 pm
When it comes to Travelling on the freighter Gabe expects something for his Cr1500, but of course he's slept in worse places than a cargo hold or even a goat pen.

Buying camping gear for a week on a starship, hmm... and I'm again reminded there are virtually no old school RPGs that have "bedroll" on the price list!
The 1500 covers breathable air :D and food & drink for a week. I can handwave the hammocks as easily configurable from tarpaulins and rope a plenty in the hold of the Divine Intervention.

Low passage in the "freezer" is only cr 1000 per head but chance of death on revival....

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#138 Post by Thumper »

Ya, we’ll…I’m a walking ghost. I shouldn’t be here. Spent the last six months regrowing my leg, then rehab. Most of my last ship mates are gone. I was the lucky one. But, thanks dude.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#139 Post by subaltari »

viewtopic.php?p=695661

Gabe doesn't really like to take lead on negotiations, and one of the reasons for that is his 2 SOC! :eek: However, it occurred to me that Vargr don't observe human social standing and have a different stat, called Leadership? So maybe Gabe can at least talk to Dagh without a penalty :)

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#140 Post by Thumper »

Will Ty’s Filentred bank card work (permit banking transactions) in the island cluster?

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”