Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

Hvalreki
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

#141 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 am Will Ty’s Filentred bank card work (permit banking transactions) in the island cluster?
Yes if your cash is loaded on the card. If you want to have your $$ with you I'm fine to retcon you brought it along.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#142 Post by Thumper »

Hvalreki wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:00 am
Yes if your cash is loaded on the card. If you want to have your $$ with you I'm fine to retcon you brought it along.
Great! Ty I think would have asked his handlers to arrange a biometric cash card for that Filentred account. I don’t need to pursue anything with regards to banking.

Ty will keep 50k cr worth of Imp notes in a hollowed out pocket of his surf board accessible from the ankle leash mount when he doesn’t secure it in a safe.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by Thumper »

Dagh's eyes sparkle as he responds,

"Offworld, eh? Dagh status complicated. Freedom of movement yes, freedom to leave Amondiage no. You got plan that ends without Dagh back in Arcone gulag?"
Well that took a sharp bat turn and just got interesting!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#144 Post by subaltari »

Thumper wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:11 pmWell that took a sharp bat turn and just got interesting!
Yeah, if we're caught picking up a stray aiding the escape of a paroled POW from a high LL world, we (and Capt. Jandala) could end up in Arcone Gulag ourselves! But if he were to "stow away" without us knowing, we'd have plausible deniability. 😉

I've been toying with the thought of how useful Dagh could be as a party NPC. 🐺 Former soldier now mobility-impaired, has some Streetwise (though much of his knowledge likely applies only to Amondiage), and he can mix cocktails!🍹 But really, we should start by trying to figure out what his info is worth.

In the thread, I'd like to wait for Gorethirster to post before I say anything further.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Spearmint »

The other thing to consider is what other team members might think of the escapade. It risks compromising 'the mission' though we have barely bothered begun.

Probably the less people who know the better. Which might be also include other team members.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#146 Post by Thumper »

Our PCs jumped to the Escape From New York scenario. Perhaps we should explore what Dagh was willing to trade for info about the Perfect Stranger…if he’s willing to go back to that. A stow away scenario is the extent of involvement Ty would entertain due to the mission risk.i think the onus for a stow away attempt should be on Dagh…with deniable assistance from us.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Eris »

Sorry, I went dark for a couple of days, RL, you know. Anyway, I'm not enthused about a stowaway plot. I'm thinking that Jako doesn't see the benefit coming anywhere near the risk involved.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by AleBelly »

Piotr is a straight-laced navy man. He wouldn't be in favor either.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#149 Post by subaltari »

If I'm being honest, Gabe is not that long out of the marines (he's still growing his ponytail!) and also not very keen about flouting the laws of a dictatorship.

It's his player that's the loose and crazy risk taker :lol:

Thumper wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:34 am Our PCs jumped to the Escape From New York scenario.
Yeah, there are easier ways of grabbing onto that vibe. Like, "Is that you, Ty? We heard you were dead!"
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#150 Post by Thumper »

Based on this statement from the Custom/Immigration agent:
He quickly glances left and right then leans in to Ty, "Look just mind your manners while you're here on Amondiage. Troublemakers wind up on Acadie working the combines and there is always need for more labor, but you didn't hear that from me."
This might be a case where escaping to Acadie might be a simple matter of volunteering…

Escaping from Acadie might be easier?

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#151 Post by Thumper »

Last edited by Thumper on Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Hvalreki »

Sorry about being AWOL - I had a family issue come up but all good now and back home. I'll try to get us spun back up tomorrow.

Cheers!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by subaltari »

Thumper wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:05 pm Based on this statement from the Custom/Immigration agent:
"Look just mind your manners... Troublemakers wind up on Acadie working the combines and there is always need for more labor..."
This might be a case where escaping to Acadie might be a simple matter of volunteering…
Are we talking about Dagh? I see your point, but I think if it had come up, the customs agent would've also said that Troublemakers, who happen to be former enemies of the state and are planet-bound as a term of parole, are an exception to the above. No free pass to Acadia for them.

I'm thinking the group at TAS should pivot from the 'stowaway' idea and see whether that 50-cred note gets us anywhere.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#154 Post by Thumper »

subaltari wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 am [q

I'm thinking the group at TAS should pivot from the 'stowaway' idea and see whether that 50-cred note gets us anywhere.
Spot on.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:29 am
subaltari wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 am [q

Spot on.
Well, Jako's got it out there for a reason. He only covered it with his hand pending negotiations. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Spearmint »

For myself, from a character and roleplay pov, I can see value in the two trying to smuggle the Vargr aboard but not sharing those details with the other group members 'until a more suitable occasion', so I wouldn't carte blanche rule those actions out. I just posted that Schmidt would reasonably object if advised on the possibility. I am fine as a player if you wanted to advance the stowaway option and we just then took account of any repercussions once found out.

Bringing the Vargr along could work out great and provide some tactical advantage or knowledge or could blow the whole mission or create trouble at the very least. But that decision is for the pair negotiating with him.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by AleBelly »

I'm fine with it too. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I do think RPGs are more rewarding if there is character-driven friction between the PCs. Key is to communicate OOC to make sure the friction stays with the PCs. Friction usually means taking the characters out of their comfort zones which helps them grow.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#158 Post by Thumper »

Hmm, Ty is walking a crate on a grav sled down to the TAS later in the morning. Sounds like a deniable “stowaway” opportunity to me!

Deniable assistance…

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#159 Post by Thumper »

The ship is still at the port on Acadie. The dead crewmembers' bodies shipped from Acadie. Better be prepared for anything on arriving at the ship on our next stop.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:58 am The ship is still at the port on Acadie. The dead crewmembers' bodies shipped from Acadie. Better be prepared for anything on arriving at the ship on our next stop.
Yeah, I caught that. It was at the star port on Acadie, and for a long time. It may or may not still be there. It's a strong lead, though.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”