Interest check - 5e Basic Rules only

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interest check - 5e Basic Rules only

#41 Post by Marullus »

I'm in. :)

Making a PC with only basic rules was a fun challenge. I was very happy with what I came up with, particularly at 5th level as requested. If you want it at 2nd, I'll just have to redo it. Any chance you'd agree to 3rd level, at least? That's when 5th edition gives you your sub-class abilities.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 pm I'm not looking to hijack this thread, but the original poster has moved on to another system, so I hope he won't mind me adding this to his thread.

I would be interested in running a 5e Basic Rules game. There were several people expressing an interest in just that over the last few months. If there is a group still looking to scratch that itch we might be able to come up with a game.

A bit about what I'm thinking about:
  • Using DnD_BasicRules and nothing more.
  • Except maybe some of 5e Hardcore Mode I'm still thinking about that.
  • Everybody starts at 2nd Level.
  • The game will be set in my version of the Nentir Vale, Points of Light style.
  • I'd use my existing Nentir Vale Adventures as the forum if my players in there agreed to switch to 5e Basic.
  • Feel free to look at the games I run here, that's the style of game I run...pretty narrative, a lot of role playing and less roll playing.
If I get interest, I'll broach the subject to my existing players and see if they are interested in a merger. If they aren't and I still have a lot of interest (5 or 6 solid inquiries), I'll still run this.

Hope to hear from you...
The hardcore mode (or at least some of it) is what interests me most. Your Nentir Vale Adventures looks like a fun game, so I will say maybe. Depending on what you decide in the end for rules.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Eris »

Marullus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:54 am I'm in. :)

Making a PC with only basic rules was a fun challenge. I was very happy with what I came up with, particularly at 5th level as requested. If you want it at 2nd, I'll just have to redo it. Any chance you'd agree to 3rd level, at least? That's when 5th edition gives you your sub-class abilities.
The Class Archtype, right? Looking at the Basic Rules, yeah, I could be convinced to do that.
Rex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 am The hardcore mode (or at least some of it) is what interests me most. Your Nentir Vale Adventures looks like a fun game, so I will say maybe. Depending on what you decide in the end for rules.
I can understand that. Which of the rules in Hardcore Mode interest you the most? Or the least might be a better thing to ask. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Ability scores, I always roll poorly no mater what so might as well go old school.
HD, Healing, and Skills.

I don't care for Zymer’s Candle but could live with it.

My biggest complaint with 5e is it feels like you can't die. There is no risk. Without that the game looses its fun and sense of achievement, at least for me.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by sulldawga »

Since I am still trying to recruit for my own game, I would appreciate it if you started a new thread for your game.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Marullus »

sulldawga wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm Since I am still trying to recruit for my own game, I would appreciate it if you started a new thread for your game.
My concern is that the title is misleading... can we make a new thread for "Interest Check - Tales of Argosa"?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Eris »

sulldawga wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm Since I am still trying to recruit for my own game, I would appreciate it if you started a new thread for your game.
Of course! As I said, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Sorry, if I offended you.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by sulldawga »

Decided to take Marullus' advice and start a new thread.

viewtopic.php?t=13512

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by sulldawga »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm Of course! As I said, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Sorry, if I offended you.
No worries, thank you. Good luck with your game!

Return to “Looking for players or games”