BACKWATER [Classic Traveller] [WAITING LIST]

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: BACKWATER [Classic Traveller]

#21 Post by atpollard »

Umm ... CLOSED.
I think we are full.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: BACKWATER [Classic Traveller] [closed]

#22 Post by subaltari »

Whoops! Looks like I snoozed and just missed out. The Micro-Trader is lifting into orbit without me!

atpollard, would you consider a waiting list?
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by atpollard »

subaltari wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:02 pm atpollard, would you consider a waiting list?
I hadn't thought about it, but sure ... you are first on the waiting list.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by subaltari »

atpollard wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:32 pm I hadn't thought about it, but sure ... you are first on the waiting list.
Thank you kindly!

I can get a character ready in the meantime, unless you'd prefer I roll it up fresh, if and when I join the game.

Also, I'm curious if you are already familiar with this character generator, or the simpler one that preceded it: https://www.batintheattic.com/traveller/
I find it to be a great resource!
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Re: BACKWATER [Classic Traveller] [WAITING LIST]

#25 Post by Hvalreki »

Hello!

I saw this thread as I was considering posting an interest check for an Old School Traveller game. I ran one campaign that fizzled out (I think I got creative burnout) so was thinking about trying again with a some brand new Travellers (new or want to learn "old" Traveller.)

I usually referee but am having fun in a couple of games as a player, one Traveller and one D&D.

Please consider me if you get to the wait list. I'm very much LBB Traveller. I have played the Mongoose ruleset but found I prefer the more fluid and rules light gameplay of OG Traveller books 1-3 from '77 or 81. I looked at T-5 rules just for fun and my head exploded :D

Cheers!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by subaltari »

Hvalreki wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:37 am I looked at T-5 rules just for fun and my head exploded :D
Hi! I've only seen a sample of T5, but got the same impression as you. Sadly despite Marc Miller being involved, it's much too cumbersome to attract either old fans or new gamers. From what I've seen of online RPG circles, CT(81) and MgT2 Mongoose Traveller 2e seem to be the most popular editions by far.

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Thumper »

If and when a future position opens up, I’d like to get the line/queue for consideration to join!! I love CT and MT1. Everything else hurts my head!

Return to “Looking for players or games”