Current Events in Chybisa

Rex
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Current Events in Chybisa

#21 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir grins

"Is very generous! Is not that I am cheap, you understand, but coin is limited, adventuring can be expensive and more coin not guaranteed."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram nods and grins. I agree! It's dangerous work and not always for great reward. So let's enjoy it while we can.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by sastaz »

Turnip listens to the two warriors chatting with great interest, all while taking big gulps of her mug of ale. She wipes her mouth, obviously remembering halfway through that it's not lady-like, instead producing a nice piece of cloth and carefully dabbing her lips with it.

"Yea, Sir Gerolt... He had an errand with his uncle and had to travel even further to look for him."

She fixes her eyes on something distant out in the street beyond the door and continues.

"It's sad really. I was beginning to enjoy his company. And I thought he was as well." She starts to trail off.

Then all of a sudden she turns her head back and addresses the others directly again.

"Anyway, what are we doing here? Are we still joining that hunt despite Sir Gerolt not being present?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

The ivinian looks concerned on hearing Sir Gerolt is not returning yet.

"Is bad news, but family is first. We must discuss what to do tonight, but if we will be staying around this area, is not good to get on bad side of local lord."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

The 4 of you can move things along, skip to dinner etc as you like. In the end you will have to cover 10-15 days time. this is just to give you a chance to discuss some things. Primarily the hunt and the risks associated with it. I will move it along when the other 2 get closer.

Fixed it, LOL.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Everyone gathers back for dinner late this afternoon.

Nudging along, hoping to have everyone together by this weekend.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram questions his dinner mates.

So, I am definitely interested in this hunt but, if the group decides against joining, what else would we do?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir thinks for a moment

"Is good question. If new home is to thrive we need people to come, but lands to north are dangerous to travel through, might be able to help with that."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim still wandering around trying to locate anyone....
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Algrim wanders into the Inn and sees Arngeir and Murgar sitting with a someone he doesn't know. Human male. There is an open seat, next to Arngeir.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by sulldawga »

Rex wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:52 pm Algrim wanders into the Inn and sees Arngeir and Murgar sitting with a someone he doesn't know. Human male. There is an open seat, next to Arngeir.
Turnip is there as well, I believe.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Yes, you are correct. I knew I was forgetting someone. Sorry sastaz.

Now Algrim, Arngeir, Ingram, Murgar, and Turnip are all together.

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim eyes go wide and mouth drops open "Ooo food, dun mind if I do." he sits down and joins in flagging down someone and ordering drink and food. "Who's tha new guy?" he asks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram makes his introductions again to the larger group.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by sastaz »

Turnip clears her throat and puts her mug of ale down, wiping her mouth with her (very fine) sleeve, again.

"So, let's have a group decision then. Harshly, what do we stand to gain from joining the hunt, now when Sir Gerolt is on his errand?"

You can all pick up a trace of irritation in her voice.

GM, please help out here with some retro facts: was any reward offered for the rest of the group, apart from Gerolt?

"I don't reall there being any reward, right? No titles, no coin. If we are to get involved in that hornet's nest of a familly affair, there has to be something in it for us, am I right?"

She continues flipping her coin between her fingers while talking.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Is always best to be on good terms with your neighbour, specially if they lord of the land. If area flourishes then our new home flourishes, and do we want to annoy them by backing out now? We'd be hunting a griffin, we already famous for killing drake, so that good reason in itself. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

No reward was offered, but Gerolt was trying to convince the Baron to award him the ruined Manor of Darcen and include the Outpost with it. technically the Outpost is out of Darcen's historical boundary. The only Chybisian noble in the group now is Ingram. From a setting standpoint he has a better chance at it then Gerolt who was knight of a fighting order and thus anything he holds the church of Larani would actually hold. That said, it was never even implied by the baron that he was going to award it to anyone, although he is allowing you to hold the out post for now. You could also go to the King directly and see if he will declare it in the royal domain and then grant it to you. He might consider this particularly if the Khuzdul (soon to number 5 in the group counting NPCs) can offer up something the King might want (cue Lharzin here). There are a bunch of possibilities if you get creative and are probably more likely to work then the baron. But, as Arngeir said it risks making an enemy of your powerful neighbor.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, Most nobles want to feel respected. I think if we outright refuse to go on the Hunt, the Baron may be displeased. If you don't want to go, the best approach may be to point out to the Baron that Sir Gerolt is no longer available to join and, uh, while I mean no disrespect to all here, hope he forgets about the commoners who were to accompany the knight.

If you take this tack, I would then be happy to assist you in any entreaty to the King. I am almost powerless in this regard, but almost powerless is not completely powerless.

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim nods his head listening then comes to the conclusion "Alright, sounds fine by me. I didna really wanna go on tha durned hunt anyway once I head bout all the politics involved in it." he admits to the group but not overly loud that all can hear in the place.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Arngier looks disappointed

"But..chance to fight griffin! Is worth it for that, no?" as he sees the reaction to this his face falls even further "So we go to see king then."

His eyes slide over to a pint of beer on an adjacent table:

Resist beer (WILLx4=vs64): [1d100]=2

He swallows and his eyes return to the groups table, he starts eating a hunk of bread and butter.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”