Hello there

Post here to introduce yourself.
Tamuz
Squire
Squire

Hello there

#1 Post by Tamuz »

Hi

I have a fair bit of rpg experience but haven't had time to regularly meet with an actual group for many many years.

I have had some success in pbp games in the past. Over the last few years I have mostly been playing solitair games which has been fun, but I am starting to feel the need for something a little more interactive so am interested in pbp games again.

I have previously played, and remain interested in to one degree or another: d and d (3.5 and 5), wfrp (1e, 2e, 4e), mage (ascension and awakening), pathfinder (1e), Anima: beyond fantasy, FATE core.

I have looked into a lot of pbta games, but never really gotten going with any yet, although I think the upcoming Otherscape game looks pretty interesting.

Open to playing most games really, but FATE has been my go to recently and i have definitely started to prefer lighter games in recent years. If I ever GM a game it will almost certainly be FATE or similar

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Hello there

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Welcome, Tamuz.

I think you will find a wide variety of games being played here, with new games spring up all the time.

P.S. The What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all) post is a great place to express interest in a particular type of game that isn't currently running.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome to the Unseen Servant!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Tamuz!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard Tamuz and Happy New Year!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Leitz »

Welcome! Note that your first two posts are moderated, so once you've replied once then you are free to post. We did a short Fate game a while back, using Fate Notes, just to play with the system. The Scenario Simulator sub-forum is a place to introduce and explore rules systems that don't yet have a lot of exposure.

Our experiece with Fate was "okay". I liked the character creation stuff, but the dice mechanic made for a long combat sequence. Look over the game, and maybe there were things we could have done better. Maybe that would be a place for you to start?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#8 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Tamuz
Squire
Squire

#9 Post by Tamuz »

Thanks all

Having a look around and trying to decide if I want to join something as a player or throw my hat in the ring as a gm.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

As one our more senior members said:
Leitz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:37 pm Welcome! Note that your first two posts are moderated, so once you've replied once then you are free to post.
You should be able to post without delay now. Have fun and happy gaming!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Tiglath »

Welcome aboard!
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by subaltari »

Welcome Tamuz, and happy gaming!
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”