Prologue: May Day! May Day! I'm going down...to Baladar's

TheMyth
TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Prologue: May Day! May Day! I'm going down...to Baladar's

#81 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 pm Ellith

I am ok with handwaving the purchases, but it is always nice to do a first time meeting with the General Store owner :D We can do it next time if we survive.
By the way, I am guessing I need to buy food for Faron also, so Ellith will do that.
A week's standard rations for dog... 6gp. Sound good?

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by TheMyth »

After grabbing some rations at one of the stores, the group heads south through the square to the side street leading to the Boarding House. The Market Square is very busy, with vendors trying to sell their last bit of stock before packing up to head home tomorrow.

The side road is empty of people, but laughter can be heard behind the Boarding House. A matronly woman is putting wet linens onto a clothes-line with the assistance of a tall, raven-haired younger woman.

"The young one is the Amazon," Vali says as the group approaches "Who wants to chat her up?" he chuckles.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

Myrrh walks up and introduces himself. "Excuse me, I am Myrrh, warrior priest of Muriel, the Angel of Glory. I am looking for Brinna Birget. We are forming a band to explore the ruins in the swamp and are wondering if she would be willing to join us for an equal share."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

To Lia Something tells me that this is not going to end well for our new friend Myrrh of the Angel of Glory. Can you please be ready to talk to Brinna Birgit. I have heard she has had a few run ins with the less enlightened men of Tegel Village and her opinion of anyone with a "Y" chromosome may be low.

To Vali I hope he doesn't piss her off and blow our chance at getting her to join our troop. Can you help here?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by gurusql »

Anter

Anter keeps his mouth shut, but grinds his staff bottom into the ground hoping that will end his frustration.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by TheMyth »

Brinna Birget (npc)

The matronly woman screws up her face and laughs. "Looks like you have work if you want it, girl," she says before picking up her laundry basket and leaving.

The young woman finishes pinning a large white sheet onto the line, her back to everyone, making them wait. Finally, she turns to approach Myrrh, whom she towers over.

"So you're a disciple of Muriel?" she says looking Myrrh up and down. "Well, that shows you have at least a lick of sense. But you intend to explore the ruins in the swamp? Maybe not so much sense then," she smiles as she looks over the group.

"Hmmm," the tall woman ponders aloud. "I could use some coin, but I'd want more than just an equal share.

"I heard some adventuring sorts went missing out there, and their goods are up for grabs. I need better armor. Every time I order it from a store in town, the militia armorer snags it before I can pick it up. That filthy chauvinist keeps trying to run me out of town, but I won't give him the satisfaction. So, you want my sword, I get my pick of any armor we find that will fit me...as part of my cut, of course.

"So, that's the deal,"
the Amazon says as she crosses her arms.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by Edeldhur »

TheMyth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:38 am
Edeldhur wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 pm Ellith

I am ok with handwaving the purchases, but it is always nice to do a first time meeting with the General Store owner :D We can do it next time if we survive.
By the way, I am guessing I need to buy food for Faron also, so Ellith will do that.
A week's standard rations for dog... 6gp. Sound good?
Sounds good to me ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"I am fine with that if everyone else is. The local ranger asked us to go see what is going on and we can keep anything we find including from the missing group if they are not alive."

Turning to the others, "Everyone agree that Brinna gets first pick of armor that will fit her, but it comes out of her share?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by gurusql »

Anter

"Fine by me, as long as the armor previously belonged to a dead person."

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by TheMyth »

gurusql wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:00 pm Anter

"Fine by me, as long as the armor previously belonged to a dead person."
Brinna Birgit (npc)

"So I couldn't win it in trial by combat? That sounds unsporting," Brinna laughs.

"Let me fetch my gear and we can get going," she says as she nods to Vali and goes inside the house, re-emerging with a sword, a shield, a strange bow, and a backpack.

(OOC: Where to next?)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

The ruins.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

To Lia Well that was easier than I thought. It looks like I might have to start behaving myself now that we are on our way to face some real danger in the marsh.

To the whole group:Welcome aboard, Brinna Birgit. I am Brondulm Neg of the Neg Clan, please do not hold that against me. I think I say this for all our group but we appreciate you joining us on our excursion. To the Derfingel Marsh and adventure!

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by TheMyth »

(OOC: In the future, I will learn to anticipate the rhythms of the group, but for now I will give this time for anyone to chime in if there is something else that needs doing...

Oh, and just to verify.... The group will leave via the east road, skirt Temple Hill, then go south to Derfingal Marsh.)

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by Darithe »

Lia

Lia is quite pleased that talks with Brinna went so well, glad to no longer be the sole female in the group a smile upon her face. She nods at Brondulm's words, still grinning, "Yes you had better behave yourself, lest my hammer be needed to knock some sense into you. To the marsh it is!"

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#95 Post by Edeldhur »

TheMyth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:43 pm"Let me fetch my gear and we can get going," she says as she nods to Vali and goes inside the house, re-emerging with a sword, a shield, a strange bow, and a backpack.

(OOC: Where to next?)
"Well met - I am Ellith" - the elf introduces himself - "And this is Faron" - the cooshee 'woofs' and smells Brinna.

(To the ruins!)

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by TheMyth »

Brinna (npc)

"Hello, Faron," the Amazon says as she kneels to pet the cooshee. "A good hunting dog is always a proper companion," she says as she rises.

"Let's go."

And with another companion in tow, the group leaves the little side street. Making their way through the village, they leave via the east road. On this side of the village they get an up-close look at a structure called "the Great Citadel," whichis really just a bog-standard guard tower of maybe three stories high. Lots of rough-looking men in militia uniforms stand outside chatting, each turning to stare as your group leaves the village proper.

Down the road, ahead of them, the group sees the grand Temple on the Hill, with its bright marble walls shining in the sun; no people are observable nearby. As they pass by several fenced fields, they see a small guard station ahead on their right, eyes peeping from the windows as they walk by. At the end of the last fence post, Vali turns south to lead the group along the bottom of the Temple hill and then across a meadow. Near one of the fence posts to the south, a figure rises and pushes his scraggly hair out of his face, displaying his quizzical look in your direction.

It's Baladar.

(OOC: your first random encounter is with the dude you just met! Lol)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"Hail Baladar. Any luck yet with your search?"

After he answers, "Any last minute advice for us, we are heading there now."

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:15 pm Myrrh

"Hail Baladar. Any luck yet with your search?"

After he answers, "Any last minute advice for us, we are heading there now."
Baladar (npc)

Baladar makes a crooked smile before saying, "Well, my quarry passed by here, but I have a few other leads to check out. So, if you see a blond girl and her talk, dark, handsome fella in the Marsh, please tell her to get home. For my sake," he laughs.

"Try to keep them alive if ye can, Brinna," Baladar says as he departs back north.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

Good Luck finding the princess Baladar, I hope we see you again. Now that we are out into the wildes should we set a marching order?

To Vali how much further til we get to the ruins and how much daylight you think we have? I am not sure camping near the ruins is the safest thing to do. We might want to scout out a camp site once we are closer and prepare it for at least a stay tonight.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"A good course of action Brondulm. Perhaps outdoors Ellith can lead and in the ruins Brondulm can."

A suggestion only
Outdoors
Ellith
Myrrh
Lia
Brondulm
Brinna

and switch Ellith and Brondulm in the ruins.

Return to “TheMyth's OSE Adventures in Tegel County (OSE)”