Watchfort Reclamation, Summer 668

scarik
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Watchfort Reclamation, Summer 668

#61 Post by Leitz »

Jing Ji-ho

Did you forget a spider? I only counted 10 attacks.

Ji-ho save: Success @13 (11+2)
Pair dice roll [_2d6]=(5+6)=11
Si-woo save: Success @ 9 (6+2+1 (con))
Pair dice roll [_2d6]=(5+1)=6

"Everyone, call out if you are bitten! Drotik, engage if you get a clear shot. Hemia, Morwen, in the middle!" Ji-ho called out as his blade started crunching into critters.
Ji-ho Melee attacks: [1d6+1]=5+1=6 [1d6+1]=3+1=4 [1d6+1]=3+1=4

"I'm hit, sir." Si-woo said quietly.

"Same. Are you okay?" Ji-ho replied casually in Dongbuyeo, attacking another spider.

"So far. And you, sir?" Si-woo replied in kind, killing one spider and going after another.
Henchman Melee Attack [_1d6]=(6)=6
Henchman Melee Attack [_1d6]=(3)=3

"Doing well," Ji-ho replied as Hemia said something un-priestess-like and ran to Si-woo. Ji-ho winked at Si-woo, who shrugged.

Rolton cursed lightly as the spider that attacked him moved quickly.

Verdugo grinned has he connected at least once.
2d6 NPC Melee attacks [_2d6]=(3+6)=9

If there is a spider not in melee, Drotik will shoot it.
Si-Woo/Drotik Missile attacks: [1d6+1]=3+1=4 [1d6+1]=1+1=2 Damage [1d6]=4 [1d6]=6

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by scarik »

Leitz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:39 pm Jing Ji-ho

Did you forget a spider? I only counted 10 attacks.
I forgot to attack Verdugo!
Spider vs Verdugo [_1d6]=(5)=5 Miss.

Well-Armed folks need 3+ to hit the spiders. Ji-ho with Puissance needs only 2s.
So all those bugs are toast.

Ji-ho shrugs off the poison entirely. You can have +1 to all future saves vs poison vs spiders in this dungeon for this adventure.
Si-woo gets 1 subdual and shrugs off the effect.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

maybe I'm getting games mixed up but where is Bofur in all of this mess? I wasn't sure if I need to roll some attacks or what not.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:14 pm maybe I'm getting games mixed up but where is Bofur in all of this mess? I wasn't sure if I need to roll some attacks or what not.
Per the spoiler in post 57 Bofur et al are with Morwen. There are at least two spiders on that group, and your henchmen might be able to attack some of the others.

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by scarik »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:14 pm maybe I'm getting games mixed up but where is Bofur in all of this mess? I wasn't sure if I need to roll some attacks or what not.
Bofor was not attacked. He is welcome to take a swing though to help Macnav and Morwen.

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I don't have any macros mad up but yes, I'd be happy to aid them.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by scarik »

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Leitz »

Jing Ji-ho

Despite both being poisoned, the Jing cousins dance well, their swords moving in a lovely pattern as the spiders are dispatched. They chat among themselves, and as they turn back to help others, the spiders are all dead.

"Was anyone else bitten?" Ji-ho asked the group. "Those of you who are strong, let's move what fallen debris we can to plug any holes that more spiders might come out of."

Ji-ho did exactly as he asked others to do, and pointed to whomever had torches to use them to protect the stone movers, and to illuminate the rest of the room. The goals are to keep everyone aware while still limiting spider ingress.

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by scarik »

You can now tell that the other door in the last chamber also goes to this room, but the ceiling collapse is in the way. There is another door here leading northeast.

WF1 4.jpg
WF1 4.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 180 times
[/ooc]

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Leitz »

Jing Ji-ho

After a rest, and making sure there were enough torches, etc, Ji-ho asked Bofur to check the door heading east. Everyone else readied their weapons, except for Rolton. He crouched near the door, ready to help Bofur get out of the way if something big came through.

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bofur checks the door with his dwarf buddies. Making sure it is structurally sound, safe, hopefully not trapped.

roobeastie
Strider
Strider

#72 Post by roobeastie »

Morwen remains vigilant, trusting Macnav to help where he can.

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by scarik »

Like the other doors this one is made of heavy oak and bound masterfully with iron and brass. And just like the others it is rusted shut on its hinges.

But with his examination Bofur and his kin determine that another chamber must lie beyond and that it would have once been the keeper of the tower's chamber. The dawi-folk spend a few minutes moving about and gesticulating to discuss the engineering and how far under the hill they ought to be at this point to reach this conclusion.

The door will have to be forced, Hodlar isn't sure if Korev (the strongest in their party) can break through quickly. The only way to know that will be to try, but if they want to be more certain then there is more than enough space to use a ram. Provided they want to take the time to fashion one.

Darfilla suggests using their available reagents to concoct an acid to weaken the hinges. Its more expensive than brute force in that it will deplete a valuable resource but it should be quick.

As of now you can:
1: Try to force the door
2: Build a ram
3: Use Alchemy
4: Go the other route
5: Player's Choice

roobeastie
Strider
Strider

#74 Post by roobeastie »

Considering the situation, Morwen weighs their options. Speaking slowly at first, she gives voice to her thoughts. "Perhaps if we had an idea of what's behind the door, it would help make this decision easier. Would we have any way of perhaps drilling a hole in the door to try and peek through...?"

The idea of making some sort of an acid seemed viable, but what good would it do them to get the door open without an idea of what they might be walking into. "The presence of the smaller spiders is what's giving me pause, really. For all we know, those could have been juvenile spiders... and if there are larger spiders around here, we should prepare ourselves."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Leitz »

Jing Ji-ho

"I'm sure whatever is in here is aware of us by now. The idea that there are larger spiders makes sense, but what would it eat? How would it get get food? I agree, being cautious is wise. Perhaps it is very hungry."
Ji-ho shrugged. "We left a lot of the original treasure here, and there were tools. Perhaps we can use them to take out the door?"

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bofur "Bah, spiders ya just stomp on with yer boots. If they're bigger than that then just burn the buggers, or smash em with yer weapons. It's all rather simple." he commends with a smile.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Leitz »

scarik wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:42 pm 4: Go the other route
What other route? I the only other door we know of also leads to the chamber we're in.

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by scarik »

Leitz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:50 pm
What other route? I the only other door we know of also leads to the chamber we're in.
That is true. But it could have another door.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Leitz »

Jing Ji-ho

Ji-ho listened to the discussion about the options for the door, and smiled. "This reminds me of an engineering problem at the academy."

Si-woo sighed, and caught Hemia looking directly at him. He looked away for a moment, shrugged, and then looked back at her. She was still staring at him. He leaned towards her and whispered, "It wasn't his best subject."

Hemia nodded. She stepped towards Si-woo, well into his personal space, and whispered. "I hope he didn't do too bad. Darfilla would blow the entire thing up and collapse the ceiling. I don't relish spending a month with a shovel."

Si-woo nodded, and returned to listening. Ji-ho was pointing at the top hinge. "If we use the hammer and chisels to make a large enough hole here, and at the bottom hinge, it will weaken those sections of the door. We can tie some brush to an arrow, light it, and shoot it into the room to see what can be seen. After that, we simply take two of the iron bars back in the storage room, tie one end of the rope around each one, and slip it through the hole. Pulling the door open, especially after weakening the hinges, should be easier, that trying to bash it through. Most doors to inner chambers are more built to resist bashing from the outside than opening from the inside. What do you all think?"

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by scarik »

Further discussions fall off and it is time to act. Tools are gathered and they get to the hard work of drilling through a door built by masters for a last stand. It’s well passed mid morning when they finally punch through the foot thick door.

And with that it’s not long before something takes an interest. Before they can get a flame inside to see what lies beyond the door a spider limb as thick as an arm tries to reach through the hole.

The previous spiders had legs similar in size to a finger.

Your move.

Return to “Scarik's Keep on the Borderlands (BX/Chainmail)”