IC I

thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#701 Post by thirdkingdom »

Megshag does so with alacrity. At this point, it seems that everything of interest has been gleaned from this chamber, but there are still two tunnels leading from it that have yet to be explored.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#702 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Let's go down the narrow tunnel and confirm that it's a dead end.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#703 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"Agreed, we don't want any surprises sneaking up behind us."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#704 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Looks at the Narrow tunnel. I don’t want to get stuck but I will follow Hairless and Mutton as far as I can.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#705 Post by thirdkingdom »

Fourthday, Sixmonth, Forty-thirdyear of the 16th Cycle
10:00 am
Twelve turns elapsed
The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings
Hex 13.42

The adventurers proceed down the narrow tunnel and find out that it is, in fact, not a dead end. Instead, the tunnel takes a sharp right hand turn, narrowing even further until Brooku would likely have to turn sideways just to squeeze through it. It looks like the tunnel runs for another twenty or so feet before it opens up into another chamber. The party cannot tell how large the chamber is, but the air coming from that way is damp, and the sound of running water can be heard coming from beyond.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#706 Post by sulldawga »

Themon suggests the party turn back to the crystal room, and then he asks Megshag what the goblins know of this area, if anything.

Assuming they don't know anything, Themon suggests Megshag lead the way in investigating, with Themon right behind him as backup. If the room looks clear, he'll send Megshag back to get the others.

Quick in and quick out. Don't want the whole party blocking the retreat if we have to turn and run.

I am blanking on who has infravision but if that PC wants to take point instead, that's fine too.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#707 Post by thirdkingdom »

Megshag

"I have never seen such a place," they say, "as we mentioned before, we rarely came this far to the east, and even then this," gesturing to the rough, natural walls and floor, "is not something I recognize." The other goblins agree.
Only the goblins have infravision. Tiarsus has low-light vision.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#708 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

"I'm happy to take point along with Mokor."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#709 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"I have some night vision and I can be quite quiet, so I'm happy to take turns with Tiarsus."

He's got 30' infravision.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#710 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Let's send one person with infravision and one person with low-light vision and see what they see.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#711 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:16 pm Themon suggests the party turn back to the crystal room, and then he asks Megshag what the goblins know of this area, if anything.

Assuming they don't know anything, Themon suggests Megshag lead the way in investigating, with Themon right behind him as backup. If the room looks clear, he'll send Megshag back to get the others.

Quick in and quick out. Don't want the whole party blocking the retreat if we have to turn and run.

I am blanking on who has infravision but if that PC wants to take point instead, that's fine too.
So, quick investigation of this room first,
then back to crystal room?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#712 Post by thirdkingdom »

Fourthday, Sixmonth, Forty-thirdyear of the 16th Cycle
10:10 am
Thirteen turns elapsed
The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings
Hex 13.42

Tiarsus and Mokor advance into the cavern. The tunnel enters the chamber in the northwest corner, and the chamber itself is roughly liver shaped, about thirty-five feet north to south and twenty to twenty-five feet wide at the north end, skinny-ing to a point at the southern end. The running water sound comes from a sheet of water flowing down the eastern wall about midway along the length, flowing from a four foot diameter hole about ten feet off the ground. The water fills a pool about 10 x 10 with water at the base of the eastern wall.

The flow is gentle, but constant. It looks as though the tunnel from which the water flows would be navigable by all of the adventurers; the goblins could likely walk upright -- or nearly so -- while the others would have to crawl on hands and knees.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#713 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, If they're willing, we should send the goblins to scout the water source. If not, let's go back and continue elsewhere. We can follow this later.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#714 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:59 pm Themon says, If they're willing, we should send the goblins to scout the water source. If not, let's go back and continue elsewhere. We can follow this later.

: 2#2d6 6 10
Megshag demurs, citing lingering claustrophobia from their long confinement within the closet, but Mokor speaks up. "I'll go, boss, if you'll just give me a boost up there!"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#715 Post by sulldawga »

Themon does indeed boost Mokor up, after a stern lecture about taking no risks and coming back immediately if anything weird happens.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#716 Post by Dicey »

Dirk observes the cavern ceilings for the usual threats. He tosses a stone into the pool.

Hey Megshag, how do you say ‘puissant’ in goblin?”

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#717 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am Dirk observes the cavern ceilings for the usual threats. He tosses a stone into the pool.

Hey Megshag, how do you say ‘puissant’ in goblin?”
Dirk sees nothing lurking on the ceiling, and the pebble makes a normal "sploosh". The water looks like it is about 5-6 feet deep; there is no obvious outlet, and the water doesn't rise above the current level, so he can presume the water is seeping out through smaller cracks and crevices that aren't immediately visible.

Megshag doesn't miss a beat. "cryf", they say.

~~~~~~~

There's an anxious few minutes before Mokor's head reappears. "The tunnel runs for maybe forty, fifty feet" he says, indicating a bit on an incline with his hand. "It widens after a bit; I think yon big fella could make it through, no problem, and then opens up into a big chamber. It's hard to make out details without light, but it looks pretty big."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#718 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Might as well check it out.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#719 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"Sure, let's take a look."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#720 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

I will try to get through this little crack if you want to go that way.

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”