BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

Re: IC I

#821 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Takes another swing at their opponents.

Sword to hit: [1d20+1]=10+1=11; damage [1d8+1]=3+1=4

Despite his miss, he continues yelling: Lay down your arms or we will kill you all!

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#822 Post by Dicey »

thirdkingdom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 pm Round One, cont.

Dirk and Beykoyun both succeed in dropping a foe, leaving only three of their enemies standing against the combined might of the party.

Intentions for Round Two? Someone feel free to roll for initiative for the PCs.
Given Dirk killed a foe on the first attack, can he get a cleave attack. His second was the dervish whirlwind attack, not a cleave.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#823 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:07 am
thirdkingdom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 pm Round One, cont.

Dirk and Beykoyun both succeed in dropping a foe, leaving only three of their enemies standing against the combined might of the party.

Intentions for Round Two? Someone feel free to roll for initiative for the PCs.
Given Dirk killed a foe on the first attack, can he get a cleave attack. His second was the dervish whirlwind attack, not a cleave.
You are correct. Good catch. I will retcon that in.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#824 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round Two

The battle is over almost before it began. Dirk's counterstroke slew a third figure, and the remaining two opponents contine to press the attack against Themon, wounding him twice. One blow the warlock could survive, but two is one too many, and his premonition of an early death proves true as the blades sink in. His companions act quickly, bringing one of the two down, and Megshag, heeding the words of her master, utters the words to a spell that leaves the remaining figure staring at her with fondness.
Okay, so first I need to roll for Dirk's Cleave during Round One: : 1d20+1 12 1d8+1 4
That is actually a hit against them, as they're dressed in leather armor. Another brigand is down.
Okay, so next, morale: : 2d6-1 3 That should have been a +1, but it is still a success. Brigands will fight to the death, even though there
Initiative Roll. PCs are acting on a 4, brigands on a . . . 6.
Brigands go first. There are only two left. : 2#1d20 19 15 2#1d8 5 1 Okay, so who is being attacked: : 2#1d4 4 4 Damn. Themon is having no luck today. Sorry, sully, but both are hits.

Actually, let's see what happens. Magic happens before melee: : 1d20 7
Fails the save versus spells. Brigand is charmed.
: 3#1d20 9 20 13 That's two hits, at least. Not even going to roll damage.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#825 Post by shaidar »

Can Atticus use his divine intervention power to turn one of the hits on Themon to a 1?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#826 Post by sulldawga »

Did I ever get Stoneskin activated?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#827 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:36 pm Can Atticus use his divine intervention power to turn one of the hits on Themon to a 1?
Yes

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#829 Post by sulldawga »

Themon looks very unsure of himself.

I feel like I've had two out of body experiences in the last 10 seconds!

He looks over at the remaining enemy. Megshag, can you ask your friend what they were looking for?

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#830 Post by Dicey »

Dirk is a little surprised to find himself alive. He wipes the blood from his saber then searches the bodies for loot. He is hoping to find missile weapons to replace his rocks.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#831 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 pm Themon looks very unsure of himself.

I feel like I've had two out of body experiences in the last 10 seconds!

He looks over at the remaining enemy. Megshag, can you ask your friend what they were looking for?
Captured Brigand

With the heat of battle fading, the original adventurers are able to place why these folk look so familiar: they wear the same kerchiefs, and are accoutered in much the same fashion, as the exsanguinated corpses that were found in the webbing of the black widow spiders, only a few days previous.

"Oi!" exclaims their captive, "what'd you do that for!" He looks mournfully down on his dead companions. "You just had to say you were friends, no need to attack. The boss is not going to be happy about this, I'll tell you what, and you know what she gets like when she's mad." He looks strangely at Megshag, and then her companions. "Wait," he says, "you're not part of the gang, are you. But you," he points at Megshag, "I know you . . . or feel like I do, at least. We met at that thing, right? With that person, who was talking about that stuff?" He looks confused, his eyes vacant as if he'd been chewing dullweed.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#833 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"I'm sure Megshag to like to know all about your boss."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#834 Post by sulldawga »

Themon asks Megshag if his friend can tell us more about the door they were trying to unlock.

That is, assuming the block that fell from the ceiling isn't now blocking the door.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#835 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm Atticus

"I'm sure Megshag to like to know all about your boss."
"Oh, well, she's, you know. Well. She's not going to be happy about this, I can tell you that much." He again surveys his dead companions. "She's tough, but fair, I guess. Some of the boys have taken a shine to her, but she's a bit rough around the edges for me, if you know what I mean."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#836 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm Themon asks Megshag if his friend can tell us more about the door they were trying to unlock.

That is, assuming the block that fell from the ceiling isn't now blocking the door.
The stone block is, in fact, still in the down position. Blood has begun to trickle out from beneath it. A quick examination reveals it is somewhat shy of the ceiling, and two taut chains can be barely seen, descending upwards from the top of the block.

"Oh, the boss found a map that led to this area. Some sort of cache of weapons, or treasure, or something. She didn't say exactly what it was, just that it was likely to be trapped. We've lost two so far trying to get in." He nods towards the prone figure against the wall the adventurers had noticed earlier. "How'd you folks get in here, anyway? I can't imagine the guards letting you through the entrance the way you're clad."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#837 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Does the boss have a name? What do you call your gang? can we see the map?

He will work with Dicey to grab anything of value from the slain gang members since he doesn't have to clean his sword.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#838 Post by thirdkingdom »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 am Brooku

Does the boss have a name? What do you call your gang? can we see the map?

He will work with Dicey to grab anything of value from the slain gang members since he doesn't have to clean his sword.
Brigand

"Oh, surely you've heard of us!" His chest swells with pride, "we're part of the Rawhide Gang. Terrors of the eastern road? Led by Mendra Sado? Our boss is Grimvar Mak, Mendra's right hand. The map . . . well, we'll just have to wait for yon block to retract. It resets itself every half hour. Sano had it in her pocket when you . . . distracted her."

Those adventurers who have spent time in Deepwater have likely heard of the Rawhide Gang, a group of miscreant and ne'er-do-wells who rob caravans heading east to Kesig and beyond, but whose primary trade, it is rumored, is in artifacts recovered from the many mountain fastnesses that are hidden nearby.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#839 Post by sulldawga »

thirdkingdom wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm "Oh, the boss found a map that led to this area. Some sort of cache of weapons, or treasure, or something. She didn't say exactly what it was, just that it was likely to be trapped. We've lost two so far trying to get in." He nods towards the prone figure against the wall the adventurers had noticed earlier. "How'd you folks get in here, anyway? I can't imagine the guards letting you through the entrance the way you're clad."
Themon is curious to know which entrance this guy is talking about.

He also whispers to Brooku that it's a good idea to move the bodies out of the room before looting them, in order to avoid offending their new friend.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#840 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:25 pm
thirdkingdom wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm "Oh, the boss found a map that led to this area. Some sort of cache of weapons, or treasure, or something. She didn't say exactly what it was, just that it was likely to be trapped. We've lost two so far trying to get in." He nods towards the prone figure against the wall the adventurers had noticed earlier. "How'd you folks get in here, anyway? I can't imagine the guards letting you through the entrance the way you're clad."
Themon is curious to know which entrance this guy is talking about.

He also whispers to Brooku that it's a good idea to move the bodies out of the room before looting them, in order to avoid offending their new friend.

Brigand

The brigand looks blankly at Themon. "It's, you know, the entrance." He waves towards the south. "Leads into what the boss said used to be called 'The Hall of a Hundred Columns'? Big set of brass doors?"

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”