IC I

thirdkingdom
stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

Re: IC I

#21 Post by stilladventuring »

Cearc

Cearc, raised a solitary eyebrow in response. A smirk played at the corner of their lips.

” Given the unavoidable proximity of the door on our path and my irresistible attraction to closed mysteries, I'm inclined to agree. Let's entertain the notion of the closed door first,“ Cearc quipped. Cearc knelt down to see if they could make out any disturbance or foot prints in the layer of dust on the floor. The last thing they needed was to discover that snakes had wandered in. ”It could be that the door leads to barracks for a garrison or stores such as maybe drapes and other items. Maybe it’s a private place of worship with an alter, maybe it leads to catacombs or an ante room where guests could prepare.” The ideas for the purpose of the room range from obvious to sublime and Cearc continues on until they are stopped or run out of ideas. “Maybe it holds treasure or a portal or of course cleaning supplies. “

They follow the warlock.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

maybe it is just a cell for pain Skulky one

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by thirdkingdom »

stilladventuring wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:31 pm Cearc

Cearc, raised a solitary eyebrow in response. A smirk played at the corner of their lips.

” Given the unavoidable proximity of the door on our path and my irresistible attraction to closed mysteries, I'm inclined to agree. Let's entertain the notion of the closed door first,“ Cearc quipped. Cearc knelt down to see if they could make out any disturbance or foot prints in the layer of dust on the floor. The last thing they needed was to discover that snakes had wandered in. ”It could be that the door leads to barracks for a garrison or stores such as maybe drapes and other items. Maybe it’s a private place of worship with an alter, maybe it leads to catacombs or an ante room where guests could prepare.” The ideas for the purpose of the room range from obvious to sublime and Cearc continues on until they are stopped or run out of ideas. “Maybe it holds treasure or a portal or of course cleaning supplies. “

They follow the warlock.
Firstday, Sixmonth, Forty-thirdyear of the 16th Cycle
8:30 am
2 turns elapsed
Hex 13.42
The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings

Cearc examines the floor in the chamber and notes the following. The entire floor is dusty, as is the statue dominating the room. The dust is disturbed in a path leading between the two arched openings, but it doesn't appear to be too terribly recent, nor is there evidence of excessive traffic. It is hard to tell what might have disturbed the dust.

One turn elapsed searching the floor for Cearc. Other folks can take actions (such as listening, searching, etc.) in this time as well.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Tiarsus will spend the time looking for secret doors.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:47 am Tiarsus

Tiarsus will spend the time looking for secret doors.
Any place in particular you want to look?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Around the statue I guess. If there is time left after that, then in the wall with the door.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

Atticus will spend the time checking the door and its immediate surrounding area, looking for traps, examining a lock if it has one.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:28 am Tiarsus

Around the statue I guess. If there is time left after that, then in the wall with the door.
Tiarsus spends a turn examining the base of the statue. It's raised slightly off the floor, about fifteen feet in diameter, and is covered in dust and debris that proves to be chips of rock, no doubt from the violence inflicted upon the statue. He does not find any secret doors.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:26 am Atticus will spend the time checking the door and its immediate surrounding area, looking for traps, examining a lock if it has one.
The door is stone, a "miniature" version of those leading into the complex, although even this door is 10' tall and 4' wide. There is a handle, of sorts, although it is higher up on the door than is used to, located at around chest height on a human. He does not find any traps, nor does it appear to be locked.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

While the Owl Man and Hairless One investigate, he admires the statue and thinks about what it might be like having domain over these weaklings. He enjoys the quietness of Mutton and wonders if he is mute because he has not heard a bleat out of him. He watches the Skulky one examine the door. He decides to provide his wisdom to the group

Maybe we can just push the door open if that is where we want to go.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"The door looks safe enough, and seems to be the popular choice for the way forward. I will open it whenever we are ready?"

stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#32 Post by stilladventuring »

Skulky

Cearne finishes up check around. “Nothing significant trails or marking here.”. Cearne stands up and loads the crossbow. “I am happy to stand back and provide cover”

They stand to one side at an angle to the door so that they can see in to the doorway but they are not in a direct line.
“Is this where one of us calls out ‘pull’ ?”

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by thirdkingdom »

Firstday, Sixmonth, Forty-thirdyear of the 16th Cycle
8:30 am
2 turns elapsed
Hex 13.42
The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings

The door pushes open easily, pivoting on hinges that may as well have been oiled earlier that morning for all the sound it makes. Puffs of dust rise from the floor as the slab swings open, revealing a long chamber that runs east to west. From where the adventurers stand it appears to be empty; Tiarsus' night vision is the best of the party, and in the light that Themon's lantern casts he can just barely make out the far end of the room, some seventy feet to the west. It's hard to tell, but it appears the southern corner of that wall is truncated at a diagonal, and another open archway leads out of the room towards the southwest. From where the adventurers stand, as well, the room appears to be 30' wide, with the door entering in the center of the eastern wall.

stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#34 Post by stilladventuring »

Cearc

Cearc, maintained their vigil by the door, a crossbow steady in the grip. The entrance swung open effortlessly.
"Themon, Arricus, or anyone else if you care to make a graceful entrance, I'll ensure you're shielded."

In their youth, Cearc had been the perennial victim of family ailments and slightly spoiled provisions. Sickness and suspect victuals had rendered them less adventurous in both culinary pursuits and cautious in traversing potential traps that could harbor spider bites or snake fangs. They shivered at the thought of snakes. It was just something about the coldness, the slime, the eyes.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by shaidar »

Atticus casts an eye over the area immediately beyond the door, stepping into the room if it looks, safe enough.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:08 pm Atticus casts an eye over the area immediately beyond the door, stepping into the room if it looks, safe enough.
Nothing attracts his attention, and Atticus steps into the room without issue. He immediately notices another closed door immediately to his left, in the eastmost corner of the southern wall. It is stone, like the one they just passed through. Other than that, and the open archway in the truncated corner at the far end of the room, the room appears to be empty.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Follows the rest of the party into the next room staying close to Mutton.

I will listen for any sound on the other side of the door.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

While Brooku goes to listen at the door, Atticus keeps an eye on the far side of the room (with the archway) .

stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#39 Post by stilladventuring »

Cearc
Cearc slides through the door and stands with their back against the wall to the right of the door. Crossbow at the ready.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Tiarsus will stay against the northern wall, moving west to try to see through the archway.

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”