Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#662 Post by thirdkingdom »

Fourthday, Sixmonth, Forty-thirdyear of the 16th Cycle
9:40 am
Ten turns elapsed
The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings
Hex 13.42

With the prospect of the corridor leading to more treasure and excitement, the adventurers head eastward. The corridor is long, and runs for one hundred feet before entering a new chamber. This chamber is small, measuring thirty feet to a side. The corridor the party has just traveled down enters in the center of the western wall. Set into the center of the north, east, and southern walls are wooden doors. Like the other wooden doors the adventurers have encountered on this level, they are sized for Men, the larger original openings having been built in with masonry. All three doors are closed. Scrawled across the door in the eastern wall, written in what looks to be charcoal, is a message written in crude Faery: "Gochelwch deyrnas y cerrig-gwerin".

Tiarsus is able to translate this to mean, roughly, "Caution! The land of the stone-dwellers lies beyond."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#663 Post by sulldawga »

Themon turns to the party's goblin companions and asks them if they know anything more about the "stone-dwellers".

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#664 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

"Perhaps I have mistranslated, and they are actually the "stoned-wellers."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#665 Post by sulldawga »

I'll take Stoned Wellers for $200

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#666 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:00 pm Themon turns to the party's goblin companions and asks them if they know anything more about the "stone-dwellers".
Goblins

"We do not, I am afraid. Our folk have not ventured this far beyond our borders."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#667 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Perhaps we check out the northern and southern doors before we venture east.

Hope you're feeling better, tk.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#668 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"How about south? Hopefully we will connect up to areas we have already discovered."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#669 Post by sulldawga »

shaidar wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:37 pm Atticus

"How about south? Hopefully we will connect up to areas we have already discovered."
Themon replies, That works for me.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#670 Post by Dicey »

Aye,” concurred Dirk.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#671 Post by thirdkingdom »

9:40 am
Ten turns elapsed
Hex 13.42

The adventurers move to the south wall and listen at the door. Hearing nothing, they push the door open, revealing a room that has been devastated by the a rockfall. There's a short, twenty foot corridor that leads into the room, entering into the northern wall ten feet east of the western wall. The room looks like it was originally fifty feet wide, east to west, but it is currently impossible to tell how deep it was, as the ceiling has collapsed on a rough diagonal line running from ten feet south of the northern wall to thirty feet south at the eastern edge. The slope of rubble is about ten feet tall at the far end and it forms a steep incline up to the solid rock above. The party's lantern-light reveals what looks to be a narrow passage of natural rock in the eastern corner of the room, leading south.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#672 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Let's go south.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#673 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"Agreed, south it is."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#674 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Follows the rest of the party to the South.
Last edited by BaltoBruiser on Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#675 Post by thirdkingdom »

9:50 am
Eleven turns elapsed
Hex 13.42

The adventurers head south through the corridor created by rubble, Booku needing to turn sideways to make it through. The fallen rubble seems recent, and, curiously, the corridor opens up to a space wholly different from everything else the adventurers have seen thus far in the complex; chiefly, what appears to be a naturally formed cavern, with rough walls and floors, rock formations glistening with moisture. It seems to be a reasonable assumption that the same temblor that exposed the entrance to the complex also caused the ceiling and wall to collapse here, opening access to a potentially separate cavern.

The cavern itself is shaped roughly like a rectangle -- 30' north to south and 20' east to west -- but turned at a 45 degree angle to that access, so the long length of the room runs from the northeast to the southwest. A tunnel, roughly five feet wide and about eight feet tall, leads out of the southeast portion of the room. There does not immediately appear to be a threat in here, but the surfaces all glisten with moisture, and unlike the construction of the other section, with it's nearly perfectly smooth walls and crisp angles, there are plenty of nooks and crannies here.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#676 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Let's move to the southeast tunnel but be alert. Watch the ceiling, for one.

How tall is the ceiling?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#677 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:55 pm Themon says, Let's move to the southeast tunnel but be alert. Watch the ceiling, for one.

How tall is the ceiling?
Varies, but averages about 10' in height. Classic cave ceiling, with stalactites, etc.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#678 Post by VonAlric »

Beykoyun

"Yeah, let's be careful. Someone keep an eye upwards, some of the rest of us should keep eyes on the sides of this place."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#679 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Mutton is having a laugh. I will keep an eye looking up. Very funny!

He does indeed look above to make sure there a no more spiders or other critters jumping down on the party.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#680 Post by shaidar »

Atticus does his best to be alert and check in various directions as they move.

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”