Rules Updates

scarik
scarik
Ranger
Ranger

Rules Updates

#1 Post by scarik »

The rules document is a living thing and I'm always tinkering with it while engaged in active play.

This thread is to let you know when I've made a significant update, and to collect your suggestions (pagebreaks courtesy of Leitz) as well.

I am currently working on how XP and treasure work and the main uses for the cash you end up with. Blowing it to gain more XP is always an option, why else was Conan always broke? :D

I will also be working on the combat sections, armament in particular because it is not as clear as I had hoped. My intention is that Armor is the more important factor, a fully armored knight with a dagger isn't meant to be Poorly Armed on offense while Heavily Armored for instance. He's still at a solid advantage against a Decently Armed enemy. Formation fighting, flanking and outnumbering need some love as a well.

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Rules Updates

#2 Post by scarik »

Added all First level Cleric and Bard spells.
Expanded on Rituals.
Specified that Clerics can only cast spells they have mastered (normally only Cure Wounds), but may perform rituals of any spell in their spellbooks. Most clerics have all the first level spells in their books.

Borav cast Command word from a triggered ritual item (a rune of course).

scarik
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Rules Updates

#3 Post by scarik »

Updated missile attacks and clarified that magic items do not provide XP.

Return to “Scarik's Keep on the Borderlands (BX/Chainmail)”