CHAPTER 14: Retrace the Tunnels

Norjax
Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

Re: CHAPTER 14: Retrace the Tunnels

#61 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

He seems agitated... I hope he's not offended.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by greyarea »

Denslow groans softly, Me too, Anton. Me too…

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Norjax »

The Gam’A Zone 21D/82 (Evening)

A group of four Apemonn approaches, the one in the lead wearing different armor and a helmet.

When they are within earshot, the leader calls out in perfect common, “Who are thee who presumes to summon Honfezgalapad of the Feathered Jowls!? This is our benefactor’s claim, and he is currently engrossed with exploration.”

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 24D]:

Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [6/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [11/15]
Max – 28/28 [7/15]
Anton – 43/43 [11/11]

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"I am Silvestri. I have knowledge your benefactor will find useful. If he is deep in the caves then the best option is for you to take us to him."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by greyarea »

Max smiles and tries to look non threatening.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Norjax »

“Silvestri of Naught,” he addresses the psionist.

“Our benefactor has endured many hardships traveling to here, and has assured us that the object of his desire cannot be of use to anyone on this world.”

He motions his squad to spread out, guns at the ready but not pointed at you.

“So, unless you know the subterranean location of the Zonamag Onderfott, begone! I will not waste any more time with you.”

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [6/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [11/15]
Max – 28/28 [7/15]
Anton – 43/43 [11/11]

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

The psion's face hardens.

"We have met others from a different world, who call this place the plains of Honfezgalapad and search for items of use only to them. We have assisted them in the past. We have knowledge of the routes and dangers in those caves, and the artefacts within. Would you turn us away when we can help bring success to your benefactors mission. I am sure he would not be happy to learn of your short-sightedness. If the artefact is of no use to us then we are hardly a danger to his mission."

His eyes briefly glow yellow as he releases his domination power at their leader.

"Take us to Honfezgalapad of the Feathered Jowls. He will be pleased with your wise decision to do so."

Domination: [1d20+8]=6+8=14

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Norjax »

I think Mind Control would work better for this situation, and a 20 or higher is required.

Silvestri is also at Level 5 (Character Sheet upload pending), so his mutation roll modifer is now +9

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by greyarea »

If we’re keeping the same roll, Denslow will lend 3 luck to bring it up to 21

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 pm Silvestri

Domination: [1d20+8]=6+8=14
Norjax wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:02 pm I think Mind Control would work better for this situation, and a 20 or higher is required.

Silvestri is also at Level 5 (Character Sheet upload pending), so his mutation roll modifer is now +9
greyarea wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:14 pm If we’re keeping the same roll, Denslow will lend 3 luck to bring it up to 21
Are we going with Mind Control and a Luck boost from Denslow?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by shaidar »

Norjax wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:04 pm Are we going with Mind Control and a Luck boost from Denslow?
Sorry, yes, that's the plan.

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#72 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

If Anton can add any luck to the roll he will do so.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Norjax »

Anton_E_Gregor wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:06 pm If Anton can add any luck to the roll he will do so.
Here is what higher rolls will accomplish:
1: Failure, mutation may not be used again that day, roll on defects table.
2-11: Failure, mutation may not be used again that day.
12-13: The mutant is able to cause a single 1 HD creature or sentient to regard the mutant as friendly and worthy of trust for 6 hours.
14-17: The mutant is able to cause up to 3 HD in creatures or sentients to regard the mutant as friendly and worthy of trust for 12 hours.
18-19: The mutant is able to cause up to 6 HD in creatures or sentients to regard the mutant as friendly and worthy of trust for 1 day.
20-23: The mutant is able to cause up to 12 HD in creatures or sentients to regard the mutant as their revered advisor for 1 day.
24-27: The mutant is able to cause up to 24 HD in creatures or sentients to regard the mutant as their charismatic leader for 1 day.
28-29: The mutant is able to cause up to 10 sentient creatures within a 20’ radius to obey the mental orders of the mutant; for each additional 24 hour period that passes, target sentients receive a new saving throw
at a +3 to determine if they remain under the mutant’s mental sway.
30-31: The mutant is able to cause any sentient creatures within a 30’ radius to hold the mutant in the high regard and to consider themselves devoted followers of the mutant; for each additional 24 hour period that
passes, target sentients receive a new saving throw to determine if they remain under the mutant’s mental sway.
32+: The mutant is able to cause any sentient creatures within a 50’ radius to hold him or her in the highest possible regard and to consider themselves fanatical followers of the mutant, willing to die for him or
her if necessary; for each additional 24 hour period that passes, target sentients receive a new saving throw at a -3 to determine if they remain under the mutant’s mind control sway.

A roll of 20 will result in the desired intent of Silvestri. A 24 will be better yet (advisor vs. leader).

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by shaidar »

Sorry, I'm confused. Silvestri doesn't have mind control, he has domination and empathy. When you mentioned 'mind control' earlier I just thought you meant the higher success results of domination.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:34 pm Sorry, I'm confused. Silvestri doesn't have mind control, he has domination and empathy. When you mentioned 'mind control' earlier I just thought you meant the higher success results of domination.
Shit! I was thinking D&D and spell slots.... :?

Well, for this one time he gets to use Mind Control; GM's gift/error.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by shaidar »

8-) I can spend 3 points of my own to bring it up to 24.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Norjax »

Silvestri concentrates on the leader, and a series of thoughts enters his mind. The jumbled suggestions are confusing until he ignores all his external senses and lets the inner self take over. He utters a command to the four Apemonn who lock eyes with Silvestri as if he were their charismatic leader.

The psionist’s words ring true, and the leader speaks once again, “Yes, Honfezgalapad will wish to meet you. Come, we will take you to him.” With that, the Apemonn lead you into the valley and to the lower cave (B), 40ft lower that the upper cave (A).

Other Apemonn posted around the area, at least two dozen, look at you with initial surprise but upon seeing the determination in their leader, return to their duties.

The entrance to the lower cave is a flattened oval, shaped like a sad mouth, twenty feet wide by ten feet high. The walls are of gray artificial stone nearly two feet thick. A single Apemonn, holding a rifle, stands watch inside the entrance.

The Apemonn leader produces a small box and speaks into it, “Your excellency, travelers from the North have entered the canyon and know the location of the Zonamag Onderfott.” He listens to the box and responds, “At once, your excellency!”

The leader then turns to Silvestri, Honfezgalapad of the Feathered Jowls will greet us here. We are not to enter the tunnel.” Suggesting the contrary has no effect.

After around ten minutes, a short and stocky being emerges from the cave. As it clears the edge of the entrance, it morphs into a slender 12ft tall being draped in purple robes and clutching a silver metal ring. Six decorative arcs adorned with crimson feathers radiate from a place on its back. Black horns protrude from the top of its head, framing a macabre face of ivory bone. It surveys the surrounds as if you aren't present and then speaks in a high-pitched, raspy voice.

“I am the Honfezgalapad, referred to as the Feathered Jowls. Why do you come here?”

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Denslow – 42/42 [13/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [4/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [11/15]
Max – 28/28 [7/15]
Anton – 43/43 [11/11]

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Zhym »

Kurot stands to the side and watches, wondering how Silvestri plans to find the Zonamag Onderfott.

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#79 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

"We heard of your glory, Honfezgalapad, and of your search for the Zonamag Onderfott. We have overcome many dangers to be here, including threats that still lurk this area. We would aid you if you will allow us."

Anton flips up his visor to show that he is also a bony skull face type person.
Last edited by Anton_E_Gregor on Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri waits for Honfezgalapad's response.

Return to “Tales From the Gam'A Zone (DCC/MCC)”