Revenge On The Sun Priest

OGRE MAGE
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Revenge On The Sun Priest

#101 Post by subaltari »

redwarrior wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:39 pm Defending himself as best as he can with his shield, he lunges for the light sticks and attempts to shove them into their holsters, if that doesn't douse the light, he will attempt to toss them out the window.
The thing about RAW fighting in darkness/blindness is that I have -4 to hit you, but you also lose 4 steps to your AC, so if we both can't see it all evens out. You might want to consider the dodge option (PM p.273), which gives you +2 AC if not attacking but it might still allow other limited actions.

Tuurma the Ashen
OGRE MAGE wrote:Oh, is this the 3 attack round? :? :twisted:
Yep, but Cormag might be getting lucky...

Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#102 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Murdering Friends For Goodness Sake
Hot Hot Hot Mess

Before Cormag can dive for the first light stick, Tuurma smacks him down with her huge blade. Luckily his armor absorbs the blow completely.

As he stuffs one of the sticks back into its holster, essentially snubbing it out, she slashes at him again with a look of sefere determination on her enraged face. Her overpowered swing misses the fighter completely this time.

Trying to go for the next stick, Cormag is almost clobbered again, saved only by the small shield he sticks in place just in time to deflect the blow. (+1 Shield)

With the second light stick now in hand, Cormag sees Tuurma rear back again, certainly about to continue her attacks until he either escapes or is killed.

Actions?

Cormag (F2) FA:2 AC:4 19/19
Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 13/22 Rage Duration:8

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag quickly dashes toward the window and throws the glowing stick out of it, he immediately drops and rolls in the direction of the other window. hopefully in darkness Regaining his feet and holding his shield in front of him, he moves cautiously with his other hand at window height, feeling for it's lip. Here's hoping her slay instinct is stronger than her "cut them off at the pass" instinct!

initiative [1d6]=3
dex 3:6 [1d6]=4 dex check if needed

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by subaltari »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:10 pm Murdering Friends For Goodness Sake
Hot Hot Hot Mess

Cormag sees Tuurma rear back again, certainly about to continue her attacks until he either escapes or is killed.
[edited]
Last edited by subaltari on Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#105 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If you let me see the rolls, I can make an update.

That's how this usually works, anyway.
:lol:

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by subaltari »

Tuurma the Ashen

Yeppers! So... 2 attacks this round

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#107 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ewww. I see why you didn't want to post those. :?

Stand by.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Murdering Friends For Goodness Sake
Bloody Mess

When Cormag rushes to the window to toss out the glowing stick, he is hammered hard from behind by his still crazed companions bloody sword.

The only thing that saves his life next is his idea to bring back the magical darkness, so he can hop, drop, and roll towards the other window where he attempts his escape from this room of certain death.

Even in the reformed blackness, Tuurma is able to stalk down her prey, getting to the window just as Cormag tries to squeeze through it. Feeling her target's legs as they are about to slip out into the alleyway, the enraged fighter nearly hacks one of them off before he hits the ground outside with a bloody splat and a loud thump.

As Cormag and his nearly severed leg hit the ground, his lights go out, but not before seeing numerous townsfolk, most of them screaming at what they just saw, and several more Xambaala guards approaching the spectacle.

Inside, tuurma can only see a little light coming through the windows now, after the blockage is cleared. She isn't sure if she should continue slashing at the priests corpse near her feet, or dive out the window to kill a few more folks out there. I will leave that up to you. (or a random die roll) :mrgreen:

She can hear more shouting and screaming coming from beyond the wedged door, but she isn't about to heed any warnings or orders in her current state.

Actions?

Cormag (F2) FA:2 AC:4 -6/19 Unconscious and Bleeding Out
Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 13/22 Rage Duration:7

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag sees himself sitting with his back to a tree next to a clear mountain stream as Morreen walks towards him. Slowly, the scene fades to black..

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#110 Post by subaltari »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:35 pm She isn't sure if she should continue slashing at the priests corpse near her feet, or dive out the window to kill a few more folks out there. I will leave that up to you. (or a random die roll)
Thanks for giving me the choice. I think she'll have another go at the Priest's corpse, though it's a shame she doesn't have a freshly severed leg to play with :lol:

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:14 pm Ewww. I see why you didn't want to post those. :?
I have to ask, have you ever seen a player get bashful about rolling a nat 19 and a nat 20 on the same round before? :oops:

Redwarrior:
d4dj my bad bro.gif
d4dj my bad bro.gif (30.94 KiB) Viewed 204 times

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by redwarrior »

subaltari wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:20 pm Redwarrior:
d4dj my bad bro.gif
It's all good. I knew what I was doing when I decided I wasn't going to try to put Tuurma down! :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#112 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Murdering Everyone For Goodness Sake
Bloody Mess

An unknown servant girl quickly pulls Cormag to the side right before the guards approach the windows. She drags him to the wall of another home and staunches the blood flow from the worst of his wounds.

While Tuurma hacks away at the dead priests body in the darkness, one of the guards tosses the lightstick back into the room so another guard armed with a crossbow can fire at the target inside. Tuurma hears one bolt zip past her head to stick harmlessly into the wall.

A second crossbow appears in the other window as well, this bolt hitting the crazed woman in her back, 3 dam infuriating her even further.

Cries from the gathering bystanders urge the guards to fire again, especially after seeing the nearly severed leg on the man who just escaped out the window. Ironically, several calls can also be heard for someone to gather a priest so they may come to aid the battered Kelt. :twisted:

Action?

Cormag (F2) FA:2 AC:4 -7/19 Unconscious/Stabilized
Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 10/22 Rage Duration:6

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by subaltari »

Tuurma shrieks with an awful howl as the second bolt pierces her lightly armored back, yet in her battle-lust she welcomes the new targets. Guided by the renewed light source, she wheels toward the nearest window and, running right up, thrusts her 4-foot sword horizontally through the aperture into the offending crossbowman.

Would this window be in the front wall by the door, or in a side wall?
Also, I'm assuming we've reset again to a 2-attack round.

If her distance to the window is 20ft or less, Tuurma gets a half-move and normal attack routine.
If it's further, given Rage she'd probably charge, meaning only the first attack lands but with +2 dmg. She would also be AC 6 til next round.

If the soldier falls, her likely next action will be to leap through the window to the outside ‒ more nimbly than Cormag did, one hopes.
"AIYAAAHH!!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#114 Post by OGRE MAGE »

(Side wall, and yes to the reset)

We will call this 2 rounds of actions this time.

Bloody Mess

When Pricilla sees that Tuurma still hasnt had enough, continuing to fight despite the odds, she pulls the unconscious Cormag even further away from the danger zone surrounding the home. She sees guard after guard approaching the area from every street and alleyway. So far all of their attention is on the battle and not on her unusual behavior. The crowd around the area is in an uproar now, shouting for more guards and screaming out profanities as the fight rages.

The crosbowman has just enough time to escape the initial thrust of Tuurmas long blade as it skewers the open window. The look on his face when she starts crawling through almost makes the berserker smile. Almost.

By the time she hits the ground outside the smoking house, Tuurma is surrounded on two sides by at least a dozen guards, but none of them appear willing to be the first to charge in to attack the blood splattered lunatic.

Action?

At least 5 targets in front and behind at the moment.

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 10/22 Rage Duration:4

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by subaltari »

Tuurma the Ashen

If Tuurma has any tactical presence of mind left, she will either
(a) put her back to the wall and wait for the Guards to come to her, so as to minimize flankers, or
(b) unstrap the large shield from her back and begin fighting sword-and-board.

Would (a) be against the rules as a case of "yielding" (PM p.42, Refusal to Surrender)?
In any case, a true Berserker might just charge in and meet her fate... :P

N.B. If she can make it through the next 4 rounds, I'm kind of curious to see what will happen next.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#116 Post by OGRE MAGE »

subaltari wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:34 pm Would (a) be against the rules as a case of "yielding" (PM p.42, Refusal to Surrender)?
Does stopping to put ones back against the wall, hoping to let enemies come to you, sound like an action unrelated to bloodshed or battle?

I'd say yes. I wouldn't think stopping her attack in any way would apply.

Again, I understand that some of these rules have been left open to interpretation, but it sounds like you already understand what she can (and cant) get away with for the most part.

I am happy to debate, but likely won't likely soften my stance much.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#117 Post by subaltari »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:49 pmI understand that some of these rules have been left open to interpretation, but it sounds like you already understand what she can (and cant) get away with for the most part.

I am happy to debate, but likely won't likely soften my stance much.
I can't tell if my predecessor enjoyed debating with Referees, but I don't. I prefer to ask or suggest a thing once, accept the answer, and move on. As a Referee it's how I like to be treated by my players.
With that said, if you'd allow option (b) above, I'd appreciate it. Readying a shield might require a moment's pause (i.e. a move/combat action), but it's not "unrelated to battle" IMO. Besides, the historical Viking berserkers were apparently quite fond of their shields :)

And so, to the Satrap's guards (that's who they work for, right? well, it doesn't matter much now...)

WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU!

Now that she's finally outdoors, Tuurma's eerie howl pierces the din of the crowd and can likely be heard all over the small city. She squares off with the Guards ahead of her and runs to meet them, even as she settles the big wooden shield onto her left arm.

Her AC is now 2. IF she can attack this round:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#118 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fate Is A Nasty Mistress

Pulling her shield from her back before she attacks, the frightened guards remain right where they are, with their own shields shaking slightly on their arms.

Completely outnumbered, Tuurma leaps into the ranks in front of her, slashing and chopping like a woman possessed. Her war screams chill the very blood of her adversaries, who struggle to get a good hit on her despite their overwhelming advantage in numbers. She is struck several times but none of the hits are able to penetrate her thick skin and heavy armor. (6 attacks all misses) :roll: :lol:

The crowd shouts for a quick execution, as if they were sitting in the seats of the arena right now, cheering on their favorite gladiator. The guards aren't as entertained when she attacks next to lay another of their ranks out on the ground with his insides now showing on the outside. Despite their fear, most continue their attacks.

Action?

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 10/22 Rage Duration:3

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#119 Post by subaltari »

One round down, three to go. (3) attacks this time, and it promises to be a good one!

Just curious, how are the guards armed and armoured?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#120 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Their armor varies from infantry to crossbowmen, but they average around 5ish.

They are armed with the weapons I have mentioned already, (spears/swords) but each one seems to carry a different backup sidearm of choice.

They are all dressed in spiffy looking silver and black uniforms however, and those all appear to be the same.

Fate Is A Nasty Mistress

Tuurma is able to kill 2 more guards in her frenzy, but in the process, they seem to become wise to her aggressive tendencies.

Instead of attacking her 2 or 3 at a time in the alleyway, they all slowly back away from the action, switching out their favored weapons with pole arms handed to them from the ranks behind the front row of guards.

Tuurma now faces a group of four guards in front of her, and four more behind. All of them holding out long glaves and halberds, trying to stab at the Berserker from a distance so she can't get close enough to attack them herself. (I will need a Test of Dex along with each attack from now on)

The crowd is in a near frenzy themselves, shouting for the guards to kill the nuisance before she can murder anyone else.

Action?

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 10/22 Rage Duration:2

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”