(8) Smithy

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Smithy.jpg
Smithy.jpg (121.8 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Rafe.jpg
Rafe.jpg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Smithy

Rafe

The Keeps local Smithy lives and works here with his family, his two sons helping with forge duties. A simple blacksmith shop fills the lower level of this building, while apartments upstairs house the growing family.

Though not adept at making armor or weapons, Rafe and his sons can make horseshoes, spikes, and other smaller metal items with ease. They take commission jobs regularly, when their duties aren't tied up with work or the local militia, which they all belong to.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

Re: (8) Smithy

#2 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn enters the smithy, “Good evening, I’m interested in purchasing some caltrops, Mr Moseley said you’d be able to help with that.” He looks around the shop…“Nice and clean in here, back home we’d have hammers and axes stacked all over. It looks like you don’t make weapons here, is it because they can’t be used inside the keep?”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The heavily muscled Rafe greets Loyn cordially.

"We don't make weapons or armor here because we lack the necessary skills, not because of some silly rule."

"But.....caltrops I can handle. Do they need to be any specific size or shape?"

He takes a charcoal pencil out and starts drawing dimensions out on his wooden work bench.

"Something like this?"
caltrop.png
caltrop.png (36.8 KiB) Viewed 489 times

Hotgoblin

#4 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn

“Well, for future reference if you ever wanted to learn, I could show you some forging techniques that create balanced and strong weapons.” He points at his axe…“How long would it take you to make about 20 of them caltrops? The look and size you’ve got there are fine. By the way, I’m Loyn, son of Groyn, nice to meet you!”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rafe looks impressed by Loyns offer to show him some dwarven forging techniques.

"And I am called Rafe."

"We would appreciate anything you could teach us master Loyn. I can have 20 or so of these hammered out in a couple days. They will each have to be shaped and twisted by hand. How does 10 gold coins sound?"

Hotgoblin

#6 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn

“Well Rafe, that price works for me.” Loyn places the gold on the counter. “We’re heading out to the caves in the morning, I won’t be back for a few days. So,you’ll have some extra time to get them done. We’ll talk more about forging and techniques when I get back! Sound good?” He smiles and bids Rafe farewell, then turns to exit the smithy.

-10gp

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The smith looks the coins over, biting into one for good measure, before shaking the dwarfs hand in agreement.

"They will be ready upon your return, Loyn Groynson. Thank you for your business!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim apparently leading a small group to the Smithy he waves greeting the smith "Good day sir. My friend here may be in need of your services." he says with a polite smile.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#9 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"Good day, sir. My name is Crobeus, and I- we- were wondering if you may have have seen a friend of ours. We were badly hurt in a couple of fights yester-" Crobeus looks at his companions to make sure it really was just yesterday. "Yesterday. He left early this morning without saying anything, so we thought he might have stopped here to get his armor or weapon repaired. His name is Dredd." He then describes Dredd to the smith.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The heavily muscled Rafe stops what he is doing to greet the strangers.

"Good day to you, sir warrior. And to your friends."

He listens to the questions, shaking his head.

"I think your friend was eyeballing my shop yesterday. I saw him walk by a few times, but he never approached. Ain't seen em' since though."

The smith points to the peace cord missing from the sword of Crobeus. "I suppose you were allowed to pass through the gate without, eh?"

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal says, "Perhaps he has an eye on something in the shop and is looking for a way to afford it."

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim wonders then asks the smith "Hmm did Dredd drop off anything for you to work on? Or inquire on the price of anything you have?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:47 pm
The smith points to the peace cord missing from the sword of Crobeus. "I suppose you were allowed to pass through the gate without, eh?"
The paladin looks at the smith, confused."What? I was unconscious when I was brought into the keep, but I clearly came in with my sword...right?" He quickly draws the blade, making sure that it is in fact his sword. "Yeah, that's mine, alright. Well, our friend obviously didn't come here this morning. I hope the others are having better luck figuring out where he went. Thank you for your time. Good day, sir"

He walks out, still holding his sword, showing it to the others. "Look, you can see here I got a few dings on the edge. I probably should have the smith knock those out, but I don't want to be without my sword if I need it while tracking down Dredd."
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rafe looks concerned when Crobeus draws his sword, but says nothing more about it to him.

He answers Magdal. "What would a warrior such as him want with horseshoes and iron spikes? I lack the knowledge to craft weapons and armor someone such as he would desire."

He looks down at Pim with a confused stare. "Nope. I got an order from a dwarf to create some caltrips.....er.....caltrops. But the big fella never came inside."

A few people passing by also look concerned about the paladins unbound sword, causing even more confusion for the knight.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim looks surprised to see the paladin draw the blade. Then hears about the order the smith said "Hmm a dwarf you say? Caltrops? Wow you make those? Did he ever come back to pick them up or are they still being made? I may be interested myself."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

"True enough," she remarks at the smith's statement, "No doubt he wasn't here," then looking to Crobeus, "Sir you might want to sheath that blade considering the looks you're getting." Then Magdal says to Pim, "I think we should go see what the others might have found out."

Scott308

#17 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

After Magdal's comment to him, the paladin shrugs and returns his sword to its scabbard since he has no need to be waving it around anymore, now that he has decided against having the smith repair it at this time.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rafe still looks confused to Pimlin.

"You want some made too? Sure, I can make them all at once then, if you like. I'll charge you the same as I did him, 10 gold for 20 of them. Agreed?"

Once this group is ready, you can find the others back at the tavern discussing what to do next. viewtopic.php?p=692961#p692961

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim agrees to that pricing.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rafe shakes on the deal.

"Sure thing little fella. Come on back in a few days time and I will have them ready for you."

Return to “Areas of the Keep”