OOC 2 - More Rambling, Ranting, and Such

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC 2 - More Rambling, Ranting, and Such

#321 Post by rtdersch »

We're out here...somewhere.

My summer of misery continues. Brutal work schedule, brutal home schedule. This will be a summer for the ages!
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by hedgeknight »

I hear you Ray - I feel like I've been run over by a truck.
Started a new work out routine on Monday (what was I thinking!!), and then helped lay sod on our football field on Tuesday, plus more last night. Can't lift my arms to comb my hair (what little I have left) - so damn sore I'm not hungry and can't really sleep. Thus, my lack of posting this week.

Apologies fellers...but I'm feeling all 50 of my years this week... :cry:
(Anybody got a tissue?)

Alright, enough whining > back to the game! Time to kill someone...er...something!
Winter is coming...

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by AQuebman »

hedgeknight wrote:I hear you Ray - I feel like I've been run over by a truck.
Started a new work out routine on Monday (what was I thinking!!), and then helped lay sod on our football field on Tuesday, plus more last night. Can't lift my arms to comb my hair (what little I have left) - so damn sore I'm not hungry and can't really sleep. Thus, my lack of posting this week.

(Anybody got a tissue?)

Alright, enough whining > back to the game! Time to kill someone...er...something!

That's why unlike most people my goal in life is to have as little to do as possible. This week was a little hectic because my birthday was yesterday so everyone in the family wants to go do something.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by hedgeknight »

Well, sure they do, AQ > happy birthday, man!

Now, it's time to do a post for Oggle and the Riders!
Winter is coming...

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#325 Post by AQuebman »

hedgeknight wrote:Well, sure they do, AQ > happy birthday, man!

Now, it's time to do a post for Oggle and the Riders!

Thanks Hedge, be kind to Oggle it's my birthday week after all hehe.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#326 Post by AQuebman »

hedgeknight wrote:
Alethan wrote:(*Sigh* no love for my character from the dice roller in this game...)
For me either > I hate this f***ing dice roller! :x
I'm going to use Invisible Castle from now on > and you fellers are free to do the same!

I don't know what you guys are talking about I love that beautiful golden orb in the sky. Proper sacrifices and prayers are a requirement we've been over this already I thought!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#327 Post by Alethan »

Man, Oggle's plot hook sounds cool. :)

Though... I do hate fighting undead.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#328 Post by rtdersch »

AQuebman wrote:
hedgeknight wrote:I hear you Ray - I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

(Anybody got a tissue?)

That's why unlike most people my goal in life is to have as little to do as possible. This week was a little hectic because my birthday was yesterday so everyone in the family wants to go do something.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#329 Post by rtdersch »

Alethan wrote:Man, Oggle's plot hook sounds cool. :)

I haven't been following it. Not that I don't want to, but I don't want to get any information that perhaps the rest of the group isn't supposed to know. I hope Oggle pulls through though!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#331 Post by Alethan »

rtdersch wrote:
Alethan wrote:Man, Oggle's plot hook sounds cool. :)

I haven't been following it. Not that I don't want to, but I don't want to get any information that perhaps the rest of the group isn't supposed to know. I hope Oggle pulls through though!
It's just a different story line. Hedge never said anything about not reading it and there really isn't any reason NOT to, in any case, as long as you can follow the relatively easy task of not meta gaming any of the info contained therein if it ever does begin to involve the rest of us.

Missing out on a good story! :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#332 Post by AQuebman »

Agreed I read the thread you all are in and have been enjoying it quite a bit. As Alethan said its all a matter of separating in and out of character knowledge. I even mentioned Nokrugh recently...ive been thinking of my half orc buddy lol.

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#333 Post by rtdersch »

AQuebman wrote:Agreed I read the thread you all are in and have been enjoying it quite a bit. As Alethan said its all a matter of separating in and out of character knowledge. I even mentioned Nokrugh recently...ive been thinking of my half orc buddy lol.
Well in Oggles absence Nok has started to pick up the slack, finally. The US roller has been pleasantly accommodating this last encounter so that's helped a lot. I hope someday Nok and Oggle get to travel together again, with a bit of experience between them they could make a formidable front line. Add in Cole and... :o

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#334 Post by AQuebman »

rtdersch wrote:
AQuebman wrote:Agreed I read the thread you all are in and have been enjoying it quite a bit. As Alethan said its all a matter of separating in and out of character knowledge. I even mentioned Nokrugh recently...ive been thinking of my half orc buddy lol.
Well in Oggles absence Nok has started to pick up the slack, finally. The US roller has been pleasantly accommodating this last encounter so that's helped a lot. I hope someday Nok and Oggle get to travel together again, with a bit of experience between them they could make a formidable front line. Add in Cole and... :o

Yeah but by that point magic users will be far superior in every way :roll: Still hope we can get together again soon.

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#336 Post by Hoondatha »

Okay, DM, I need a ruling on illusions here, since 2e illusions are so flexible. Would it be possible to cast an illusion of the exact same hillside, only empty, and then use that illusion to cloak the movements of people moving through it?

Related: just how far are we from the tor, and how far would we have to travel out in the open? ie: if it's a half mile, then there's no point in bothering.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by hedgeknight »

Hoondatha wrote:Okay, DM, I need a ruling on illusions here, since 2e illusions are so flexible. Would it be possible to cast an illusion of the exact same hillside, only empty, and then use that illusion to cloak the movements of people moving through it?

Related: just how far are we from the tor, and how far would we have to travel out in the open? ie: if it's a half mile, then there's no point in bothering.
I think it will work...if I'm understanding correctly what you wish to do. You're about 200 yards or less from the tor itself (from the pic I posted a couple of pages back in the game thread). So there is some open ground to cover before that.
Another idea is to create an illusion of the Ogres and wolves leading you all in as prisoners - that would likely get you inside too. Your call.

Here's my question for you:
Oh! Oh, will you? Could you? Oh! Oh, but are you a clever enough wizard to manage it? :P
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#338 Post by Hoondatha »

Okay, thanks. It's that distance that's the killer part, but it's all good to know. I like the prisoner idea, though. I'll steal that one. :)

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#339 Post by Computer +1 »

Sorry for the slow post rate, been busy with work and soon will be busy with summer. Will try for at least one a day. If I go real quiet please dont kill me in spite!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote:Sorry for the slow post rate, been busy with work and soon will be busy with summer. Will try for at least one a day. If I go real quiet please dont kill me in spite!
Now, why would I do that? :twisted:
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”