Arngeir's warning

Rex
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Arngeir's warning

#1 Post by shaidar »

This is a side thread so it doesn't interfere with the main thread. It is a private meeting that will take place before those who are going return to the outpost, either the afternoon we meet the dwarf, or that night

Arngeir

Casting of tongues:

Percentage: [1d100]=57

A MF (by one), he'll do this the slow way.

"Friends, hunt with prince and marshall is dangerous. We are dragged into local politics. Prince and Marshall are not allies, marshal's wife stands in way of prince being king. If the Marshall had accident on hunt, then prince chance of being king improves. And they will have outsiders to blame for accident. We must be careful."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Arngeir's warning

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim looks unsurprised "Yeah, that's how them rich folk are. Politics an what not. Always tryin ta stab someone in tha back ta advance themselves."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"True, cannot escape politics. I don't like being on sharp end, take blame. Not just us affected, would be bad on all foreigner in Chybisa."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

The ivinian seems little frustrated with his inability to get his point across.

"If right, if prince wins, we get into trouble. If prince fails, then result depends on how prince fails. If subtle we may keep good grace with baron Rythal in Caermel, if not subtle we may get good grace with marshall and plans in Caermel, or not, depend on how marshal and king respond. Path is complicated. "

He removes a small pouch from his belt and empties the contents. Out pours a number of runestones.

"Have come into these, blessed stones, hopefully they can assist Murgar and me finding right path."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Volin

Volin looks over the stones, "Interesting, I assume by Sarajin? Divination is not something I know anything about.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir nods

"Increases link to divine. Used with certain invocations and powers, improves success of divination."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Volin

"If it can help you and Murgar that is excellent news. It sounds like we are going to need some help navigating the situation with the hunt. Perhaps we shouldn't go?"

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Leitz »

Note that this warning coincides with what Gerolt told the group. His current task is to go seek wise counsel on how to deal with the situation. While he is the most qualified of the group, due to being a local, he is not experienced in things like this. That's why he's off to gain wisdom.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim chuckles "I kinda already figured we'd have ta help, make em look good. So if one of us kills whate'er we're huntin we say he kilt it. Not a hard thin ta do."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir looks at algrim, confused.

"No. Baron and prince plan to have marshal killed and blame us!"

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Well, then I'm just gonna head back ta tha outpost. Hard ta blame someone that ain't ere."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by sastaz »

Sorry for the absence, I'm back now!

Rex, is Sir Gerolt away on another errand? Leitz comment seems to indicate that, but there's no separate "adventure thread" for that, from what I can see? I'm thinking Eldura would have gone with him (to learn the ways of the nobility), if he did already. If Gerolt is present during this discussion, so is she.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

He is planning on visiting his parents a few towns over. I think the plan is a private thread but I haven't had time to get one going for him and he is busy this weekend as well.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by sastaz »

Okay, then Eldura probably tagged along with Gerolt.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

They are both here for this discussion. It takes place before anyone leaves.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Leitz »

sastaz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:56 pm Okay, then Eldura probably tagged along with Gerolt.
I'm quite happy with that, though it does cause a chuckle. Eldura is currently wearing Gerolt's dress robe, and he's going to meet his parents. It should make for an interesting conversation!

I'll make an IC thread, but as Rex noted, things are a bit out of sorts for me at the moment.

Rex, am I right in understanding that Gerolt is there when the insights above are given? Gerolt isn't running right out of town, but I hadn't set a time. Of course, he hadn't said his goodbyes, either.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Leitz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:33 am
sastaz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:56 pm Okay, then Eldura probably tagged along with Gerolt.
I'm quite happy with that, though it does cause a chuckle. Eldura is currently wearing Gerolt's dress robe, and he's going to meet his parents. It should make for an interesting conversation!

I'll make an IC thread, but as Rex noted, things are a bit out of sorts for me at the moment.

Rex, am I right in understanding that Gerolt is there when the insights above are given? Gerolt isn't running right out of town, but I hadn't set a time. Of course, he hadn't said his goodbyes, either.
You are correct, Gerolt is there.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

Looking at the Rune Stones "Very nice, they should help. Maybe Sarajin can give us a way out of this mess. Maybe the best course is just to go back to the keep and move forward. Sometimes best to act and get permission when its hard to not give. Nothing good ever comes from courts and chiefs."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Leitz »

Sir Gerolt of Selot

Gerolt listened intently, and then sighed. "This aligns what something I was told about the risk. While I would agree that dealing outside of our usual social circles carries risk, in this case we must. The outpost will be a politically contested site, and each option carries risk."

He paused, and then pointed at Arngeir. "As you said, we all see the value of Ivanian, Khuzdul, and Chysbians working together. That may not be a shared vision, and if there is plan to slay the marshal we, or at least I, must act. The problem is, how to do so?"

He sighed once more, and then smiled. "I know some people to ask, but it will take me away for a few days. Let me leave in the morning, and I will return with what wisdom I can."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Well first we should use the new runes to see if we can determine if this effort will be worth pursuing. If the god's are against it then all our plotting will be for naught, best to find out up front."

If there is no objection he will take the stones and roll them.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”