Gull's Landing

Revenant
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Gull's Landing

#301 Post by tristenc »

Nis grins widely and curtsies both to Drina and Lala. Ah sisters, of course! I should have known right away since you both have the same luxurious red hair. she giggles. So lovely to make your acquaintance! More and more it becomes apparent I must learn your beautiful language. She says sincerely. I only recently arrived in Gull's Landing. Have you and your camp been here long?

====
Since they came straight here from the fight I think Ducky likely is still lounging around/ napping the inn.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#302 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Will spin with the fiery man for a moment, when she hears the drums and announcement: I'd like to see the whole show, lets head over there together. Are there any refreshments about? She will say as she starts toward the wagon.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#303 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Watches with amusement as Thena dances with a man afire before reaching into her coin purse and withdrawing a gold coin places it in the old woman's palm. Her lips part breathing in the sweet scent as she says, "Tell me what you about me within your scrying crystal?"

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#304 Post by Revenant »

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard a wise man say,
“Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free.”
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again,
“The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
’Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue.”
And I am two-and-twenty,
And oh, ’tis true, ’tis true.”
~ A.E. Housman

The old woman takes the gold coin and places it to her lips, "Gold has its own taste, tis said the dwarves can find it just by smell." She grins and drops the coin in her décolletage and puffing the sweet smoke in the direction of the crystal she leans close to peer within, "A triumvirate I see. Thrice awaits in your future my girl, mothers three, sisters three. Mater Suspiriorum, Mater Tenebrarum and Mater Lachrymarum are their true names though that is not the name you will hear when their footsteps come to you. One you know already though a mask she wears, a face that is not hers." The old woman begins to tremble, "When you meet, you find death." The woman stares at Mave for several moments, "The mists of the future are no clearer, but I pray the gods watch over you."

Kade makes his way over to Torvik, in time to hear his explanation to the Kingsguard. The captain of the guards grins, "A pleasure to have the Rangers of the Horn as reinforcements to our small band. There have been several reports of a great black cat hereabouts. If you could scout the area for any signs of the beast, I'd be most grateful. I'm afraid I've little talent for tracking beasts that don't walk on two legs."

The lean woman before Athan begins to laugh, "You seem lacking in a sense of humor Athanasius Brownstone. So you are not the Lord of Hanging Hawks that rule Ghoul Land? Forgive my mistake and if you wish to know who I am it is Cosima which means order in my native tongue and that is what I keep here. Which is why I wished to speak to the Lord. There has been a sighting of a great cat by some of the entertainers here and while it has not attacked anyone here, it has frightened any who ventures outside of the campsite alone. So you two would do well to watch your steps. Now can you point this lord within the walls to me?"

The red-haired girl replies to Nis and Mediphera translates, "You must learn the language of those who home is below the skies and wherever our wagons go. We came with the scythe of the moon and have stayed for its growth. Though I think soon we will be traveling on. We head for the King's Dance in the Gate of the Lion." Her sister merely looks at the strange woman and offers no comment.

The fiery man extinguishes his ribbons, "Ah you wish to see Dirige the wielder of the seven stars? Tis a great show and yes many refreshments are available at the tents. Liquors that will melt any ice upon your heart. I allow you to buy me drink yes?"

The black clad figure takes off his great coat hanging it in the air and apparently nothing else. He then removes his gloves and places them in the air where his hands would be if he still wore the great coat. Then he rolls up his sleeves revealing his right hand is red from fingertip to elbow, "Now my friends I need a volunteer from the audience." He looks about his blue eyes falling upon Thena, "Young lady would you assist me in a magick I call the dance of the silver scorpion?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik nods his head and smiles "Can do. Kade we've got a mission. Let's get ta scoutin' fer that cat." he says with a wink. "Thank ya kindly captain. More n' happy ta help." he nods to Kade and gives the captain and his guards a soldiers salute then sets out to scouting with Kade tagging along.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Good to meet you Cosima. As it happens you are looking for the wrong person. I am who you should be talking to, I am a Ranger of Aisland and we specialize in making places safe from dangerous beasts. Point me to where it was last seen and I will track it best I can."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#307 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave thoughtfully listens to the old woman's words, marking what is said in her mind. The names mean nothing to her, but it is troubling that she has already met one in disguise. Assuming, that is, that the old vagary woman's words were true. She turns her eyes to the dark clothed performer.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#308 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

After an entry like that how could I not buy you a drink, please lead the way.
While walking Thena keeps her eye peeled for anything odd, probably hard at a carnival.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#309 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius
Rex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:48 am Bryne

"Good to meet you Cosima. As it happens you are looking for the wrong person. I am who you should be talking to, I am a Ranger of Aisland and we specialize in making places safe from dangerous beasts. Point me to where it was last seen and I will track it best I can."
"And I will accompany you"

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#310 Post by tristenc »

Nis smiles and curtsies again to the redheaded sisters, Indeed! And it will be my pleasure to do so. May the Lady of Copper and Crystal's silvery face continue to watch over both of you dear ladies.

Turning back to her entourage Nis hops a little, OOH! I know! Let's try the Archery stand next! She says, excitedly

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#311 Post by Darithe »

Mave

She watches the magician for several moments then catches sight of Nis and the others heading for the archery stand and decides to follow suit. She needed the practice.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#312 Post by Revenant »

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ~ Terry Pratchett

Cosima looks Bryne up and down, "A ranger of Aisland? I had not expected as such, I have thus far only met men in charge in these lands," sparing a glance in Athan's direction. Cosima grasps Bryne's hand and shakes it vigorously, "Well met friend, I had no idea the man was your assistant." Cosima looks up the road a bit and points to where Torvik and Kade stand talking to the guard captain, "He was last seen in that area and darted off into the woods. It was described as the largest black greatcat they had ever seen and had there not been several of our troupe with the townsfolk, it is believed they would have been attacked. As it was one of men, Gallendro, a master archer chased him off and thinks he may have wounded the beast. Although those who saw the beast next described it as uninjured. If you can kill or drive the thing off, we will be most grateful, though we've little to offer in payment."
Rex if you could give me three tracking skill checks to use.

Torvik and Kade given the same mission by the genial captain are setting out as Bryne looks their way as Cosima indicated.

Wilwarin meanwhile speaks with the man she last saw in the woods near the grotto. Thena, Mave and Bryne would probably recognize the man though only saw him once when they fought in the woods near the inn ruins while searching for the Ambergyle girls.

Thena's painted squire leads her to a tent near the magician where flagons of vagary mead are being sold for 5 silvers each. The magician looks in Thena's direction indicating she should join him on the makeshift stage beside his wagon for his next trick. The few townsfolk in the audience clap loudly. Thena's new friends says, "Buy me drink first Queen of Night, then you be Dirige's...vic...er assistant."

As Mave follows Niserie and her companions towards the archery competition, they pass a young woman sitting behind a booth with the sign, The Misfortune Teller. A bejeweled bird sits upon her shoulder.
Misfortune Teller.jpg
Misfortune Teller.jpg (77.63 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Further past the booth is grey-haired and bearded man sitting by a fire with three ranged targets. The targets are about the size of a half loaf of bread and spread at various intervals, nailed to trees. A sign near him says, "Archery Competition. Hit the targets and win coin and prizes. He doesn't appear to be doing much business and is spending his time fletching arrows.
Gallendro.jpg
Gallendro.jpg (70.6 KiB) Viewed 164 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne chuckles, "No I don't use an assistant, they just slow me down. As it happens this man is my brother, half brother actually. He tends to be a bit serious and stiff, but everyone has faults."

She moves on to the tracking.
Tracking (14) [1d20]=19 [1d20]=12 [1d20]=9 [1d20]=7 [1d20]=20

GreyWolfVT

#314 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik notices more than just himself, Kade and the guard looking in the same direction as Bryne and he heads over to Bryne. "Heard about tha big black cat eh?" he asks her.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Yes, I was just asked to help out with it. I would certainly welcome your help Torvik."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#316 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

"So a man has to be either a Lord or an assistant?" - Athan's eybrow remained raised at Cosima, but then he shrugged it away and chuckled at his half-sister's mirth - "I am not stiff" - he retorted, allowing Bryne space to look for tracks, and nodding at Torvik once he approached.

(Torvik, Athan and you already know each other, right? Sorry for asking, still haven't mastered all the details of his past)

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#317 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Glances at the Misfortune Teller giving her a brief nod and smiling at the bird with elaborate necklace. She's had enough of misfortune for now, thank you very much, so she continues onward to the archery competition. She greets the man and then asks, "What are the rules good sir and these prizes your sign mentions. What exactly are they?" She looks at the targets trying to gauge their distance.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#318 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Puts up a hand: I'll spectating, not participating.... but thank you. I may quench your thirst only after watching. Why are you referring to me as "Queen of Night"?

GreyWolfVT

#319 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:17 pm Bryne

"Yes, I was just asked to help out with it. I would certainly welcome your help Torvik."
Torvik "Kade an I were as well. Let's work tagether on it then."

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#320 Post by Revenant »

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” ~ Robert A. Heinlein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFHOfdFw0VI

Around the biggest bonfire in the center of the camp, a troupe of musicians begin to play a sea shanty as they dance nimbly around the fire, red embers floating skyward and casting shadows over their painted faces and their sheer colorful clothing flowing around their forms as they leap and play their instruments.

Cosima grins at Bryne's statement and Athan's question about a man having to be a lord or an assistant, "Well, most fall within that boundary at least in their own minds. You are not stiff then my friend? Such a pity," she winks at Bryne and points her in the direction where the cat was last seen.

Bryne scanned the ground looking for tracks. She found them easily enough but there were way too many to isolate the cat's prints. Too many people, horses, and fancy carriages muddied her view to discern anything clearly. She moved off a ways into the woods on the other side of the road and turned her eyes to the foliage and ground there. It was unlikely any townsfolk went this way as the city lay to the southeast. Her eyes followed the ground as she moved under the watchful guise of Athan (who had only a short time with his half-sister previously and was looking forward to getting to know her better). Kade looks to Torvik and shrugs following the two siblings.

Wilwarin stood dumbfounded at the sight of the man she had fought outside the ruins of the inn near Lupre. "Come for the axe-throwin' little bird?" The big rangy man held an axe in each hand, "Names Tarlen in case you forgot." He points to a brightly colored wagon with one of his axes, "We'll be having a throwing competition soon if you're interested. That's assuming you haven't tracked me down to finish the fight at the Ashes." He cocks an eyebrow as if considering that thought.
Tarlen.jpg
Tarlen.jpg (41.1 KiB) Viewed 104 times
The big man sitting by the fire fletching arrows looks up at Mave with a wide smile and says in a deep sonorous voice, "I'm no sir and some would say I'm none too good either." He rises and points to the targets, "First shot would be sixty yards away, the second is 120 and the last is 210. There are more obstacles caused by bush and other trees around the farther targets, though if your line of sight and skill is good, you can hit the target. The cost is 10 silvers if you use my bow and supplies. For each shot you beat me, you get a prize. The farther away the better the prize."

"The Great Dirige needs a volunteer from the audience since this noble lady is too shy to lend a hand," the magician looks at Thena and then at those who watch trying to cheer her on, "Nay my friends, I only use those who willingly wish to sample my magicks. Is there not another?" His red right hand points to a young blushing woman you assume must be visiting from town by the reactions of her friends.

The now not fiery squire looks disappointed that he will have to wait on his drink, "Because you are a Queen are you not and it is night is it not?"

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”